GUILTY CA - Lisa Thorborg, 68, murdered on hiking trail, Carlsbad, 11/23/2020 *ARREST*

Watch the Video if you can.
Grandmother of Carlsbad teen murder suspect speaks out amid new images (10news.com)

His grandmother says--
"He would not have done this. It's like stabbing me in the neck," added Hernandez.

Hernandez said that he had been living with her and doing online schooling for the last two months after moving to San Diego from Hawaii. She described him as a kind young man who is incapable of violence.

"We go to the store and he's helping little old ladies pick out which watermelons are good and which grapes are the sweetest and holding doors open. So, this just really baffles me," she stated. "They got the wrong person. The killer's still out there."

The teen's attorneys said that no weapons were found on him and that he had no injuries or signs of struggle on his body.

Grandmother of Carlsbad teen murder suspect speaks out amid new images (10news.com)

"On Wednesday, the DA's Office confirmed that it filed a motion to request that the teen be tried as an adult but that it will take almost a year before a hearing is set where a judge will make the determination."

animated-christmas-candle-image-0131.gif

A year! Will he be allowed to get out on bail while this drags on a year? His attorney argues that he is a free spirit who often left his sandals behind and that Lisa may have picked them up and got his DNA on her. Wait, aren't we talking about his blood on her?

A year! Will he be allowed to get out on bail while this drags on a year? His attorney argues that he is a free spirit who often left his sandals behind and that Lisa may have picked them up and got his DNA on her. Wait, aren't we talking about his blood on her?

RSBM.

I haven't read every article about this case, but the ones I have read only said "DNA" and never specified that the source was blood.

DNA can also come from sources like saliva, sweat, urine, etc...if any body fluid is carrying nucleated cells, DNA can be there.

Since the defense was arguing that his DNA could have gotten on her shorts from sitting on a log, I'm guessing that they have a small amount of DNA on her/her clothes that is linked to him but may not know what specific body fluid it came from.

MOO.

I haven't read every article about this case, but the ones I have read only said "DNA" and never specified that the source was blood.
You're right that it only says DNA and that could be anything.

Judge releases name of Carlsbad murder suspect, case details - The Coast News Group

"Carlsbad police detective Josh Bubins detailed how police arrested Beaudet roughly three weeks after the murder. Bubins said police found Beaudet’s DNA on Thorborg’s shorts and also on a pair of flip-flops found at the scene."

Also of note--

"However, Kirkwood said four different types of DNA were found on Thorborg’s body, which was confirmed by Bubins and only a small percentage belonged to her client. Beaudet’s attorney claimed the arrest occurred because her client just happened to be on the trail."

[…]

"According to the police report, Thorborg was stabbed twice in the neck cutting her carotid artery causing “a lethal injury.”'

Also of note--

"However, Kirkwood said four different types of DNA were found on Thorborg’s body, which was confirmed by Bubins and only a small percentage belonged to her client. Beaudet’s attorney claimed the arrest occurred because her client just happened to be on the trail."
'

It definitely makes sense. If she resides with anybody (I read one article that said after her husband died, the victim moved with her daughter to Carlsbad), one would expect that their DNA could be on her body or clothes, the DNA from first responders could possibly be there - all of this would be expected and explainable. What would not be explainable is the DNA of a person seen on camera running from the scene minutes after her murder, especially one whose property (flip-flops) was at the scene but who originally denied this.

In the surveillance images I saw, he was shirtless and wearing just what appeared to be long swim trunks. A lot of his body was uncovered. If they grappled at all, it's easy to see how his DNA could have transferred to her or her clothes.

Haloa Beaudet participated in online proceedings today to determine whether he should be tried as an adult.

From the story: (see link below)
“Beaudet was arrested weeks later, on Dec. 14, 2020.

On that day, NBC 7's cameras were rolling when he was spotted, shoeless and shirtless, in the park where the woman was killed. He kept a broad smile on his face, always looking around curiously as he climbed the playground equipment and walked a trail.

Before running off, Beaudet approached NBC 7 reporter Alexis Rivas, asked about the murder and if there were any leads.”
Defendant in Carlsbad Hiker Slaying May Be Tried As Adult

Last edited:
^^^Pay Wall. Here's some articles from today though.

"A San Diego County District Attorney's Office spokeswoman said Beaudet is slated to be sentenced Sept. 1 in San Diego Juvenile Court."

Sentenced to seven years and will serve it in a Juvenile facility.

"Haloa Beaudet is no longer a juvenile but both parties agreed he was still fit for juvenile court. He will serve his sentencing in the Department of Juvenile Justice. During the sentencing, he was referred to as “the youth.”'

"The seven-year term is the maximum term a defendant can receive in juvenile court, according to the San Diego County District Attorney's Office."

"In addition to the 7 years Beaudet has been sentenced to, he was also ordered to pay a restitution of $2,110, a San Diego Superior Court spokesperson said."

"As part of the plea agreement, his case was allowed to remain in Juvenile Court, which will retain jurisdiction over him only until he turns 25."

Sentenced to seven years and will serve it in a Juvenile facility.

"Haloa Beaudet is no longer a juvenile but both parties agreed he was still fit for juvenile court. He will serve his sentencing in the Department of Juvenile Justice. During the sentencing, he was referred to as “the youth.”'

"The seven-year term is the maximum term a defendant can receive in juvenile court, according to the San Diego County District Attorney's Office."

"In addition to the 7 years Beaudet has been sentenced to, he was also ordered to pay a restitution of $2,110, a San Diego Superior Court spokesperson said."

"As part of the plea agreement, his case was allowed to remain in Juvenile Court, which will retain jurisdiction over him only until he turns 25."
1662088885573.png
Lisa Thorborg

"... sentenced Thursday to seven years in prison, county court officials announced."

I am so angry that this only got 7 years for this horrific crime. He stabbed a woman for no apparent reason at all... no robbery, no sex crime... as far as I can tell, he killed her just for enjoyment. I think he has the making of a serial killer. Personally, I would have been OK with giving him the death penalty.

Am I getting the right impression? If he is 18 and yet sentenced to serve 7 years in juvenile facility, it means he is not expected to mature beyond a juvenile at 25? Such a light punishment can't be just because he admitted his guilt. He killed a stranger woman for absolutely no reason. Quite a grievous crime.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back