Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #147

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d love to have a poll about this.

MOO, before KAK & the a_shots account were released to the public I thought that BG was a serial killer, having been responsible for the Evansdale murders. Now I’m not 100% convinced that BG is a serial killer and/or connected to The Evansdale murders.

I’d really like to know how y’all feel about this.

YMMV. JMO.
Honestly I continued to believe the SK theory even after the Kline info came out. The Kline involvement always felt so off to me, neither seems like a criminal mastermind. Just a month ago I was asked what would it take to make me believe the Klines are involved and my answer was putting them in Delphi that day.
So now we are a step closer to being able to put a Kline in Delphi. But even still, my mind tries to explain it away or question it. Like oh perhaps Libby at mentioned this gas station to him and he was just wondering where it was...Grasping at straws clearly. But I have just always felt it was a sk/stranger crime. I can't make sense of LE not being able to connect someone to the crime after 5.5 years if that person has been right in front of them this whole time.

Also the FBI was in charge of getting surveillance from various locations. They did get surveillance from this gas station, but that footage is no longer is possesion of LE. I very much recommend listening.
If this is something allowed by WS, pls provide a link, I'm not finding this.

‘Wheels for Work’ ministry gives riders a second chance

"It was Thursday afternoon and Matthew Savage lingered near the doors of the Marathon Gas station near the corner of Ferry and Ninth streets. He was waiting for a shuttle to give him a ride to Indiana Packers Corp. in Delphi where he works.
In my opinion, if you're implying KAK got a ride from the pastor, I think it can be ruled out. You have to register and give your shift and employer information. It's for the working low income and there is a charge. There are no routes, no random pickups. MOO

In my opinion, if you're implying KAK got a ride from the pastor, I think it can be ruled out. You have to register and give your shift and employer information. It's for the working low income and there is a charge. There are no routes, no random pickups. MOO

I thought maybe the implication of the original poster was that people who are familiar with working at Packers may hang out at the Marathon station or know it as a meeting spot. Maybe the original poster will clarify....

The thing that immediately ran through my head upon hearing this new information about the Marathon is Sgt. Riley saying that LE know the killer got around quickly on that day:

Riley said after reviewing many tips, investigators determined he was able to get around quickly on the day the girls were killed, and seemed to know the area.

It would be interesting to know what time KK or whoever was using his device googled the Marathon in Delphi. Did someone need a lift after the murders? Did they go to the gas station to clean up afterwards? Could their car have been left at the abandoned CPS building and they didn’t want to be seen walking back to that car? I can understand Carter being so upset at the news conference if he just found out the FBI flubbed up in regards to the missing Marathon tape. Had the information about the Delphi Marathon search just been uncovered? They were “on to something early on” could and IMO is the Peru search in Feb. 2017. This new info convinces me that KK or someone in his circle is the murderer.

Honestly I continued to believe the SK theory even after the Kline info came out. The Kline involvement always felt so off to me, neither seems like a criminal mastermind. Just a month ago I was asked what would it take to make me believe the Klines are involved and my answer was putting them in Delphi that day.
So now we are a step closer to being able to put a Kline in Delphi. But even still, my mind tries to explain it away or question it. Like oh perhaps Libby at mentioned this gas station to him and he was just wondering where it was...Grasping at straws clearly. But I have just always felt it was a sk/stranger crime. I can't make sense of LE not being able to connect someone to the crime after 5.5 years if that person has been right in front of them this whole time.

You are typing my thoughts here exactly. I still doubt KAK as a killer. TK I could see based on what we’ve learned from the MS podcast. I still think there is someone else. (I am still *really* stuck on JBC but also will not be at all surprised if I’m just wrong.)

Also, if KAK *had* gotten into selling access to his Dropbox as I suspect he may have, going a step further to set up a meet up and hand over a burner phone wouldn’t be a stretch for me. I wonder if a killer would take that risk, but he probably wasn’t worried about CSAM KAK running his mouth and outing himself either.

It doesn't really make sense to me for KAK (or whoever used his device) to plan a meetup at a gas station in the middle of town, out of the way to the trails. Why not meet at the trails, or a park, or anywhere else less conspicuous and under surveillance? Maybe he dropped someone off and went to get lunch?

On a side note: That station is on the way from BBR (first search warrant) to the Hoosier exchange...

It would be interesting to know what time KK or whoever was using his device googled the Marathon in Delphi. Did someone need a lift after the murders? Did they go to the gas station to clean up afterwards? Could their car have been left at the abandoned CPS building and they didn’t want to be seen walking back to that car? I can understand Carter being so upset at the news conference if he just found out the FBI flubbed up in regards to the missing Marathon tape. Had the information about the Delphi Marathon search just been uncovered? They were “on to something early on” could and IMO is the Peru search in Feb. 2017. This new info convinces me that KK or someone in his circle is the murderer.

These are GREAT questions. I hadn’t even thought he might have been called to pick someone up. If so, I could understand why he might have been obsessively searching for news, thinking whomever he picked up could be involved.

I have a vague memory from very early on about somebody connected to the case stopping at a convenience store for something--gas, snack, I don't remember. I don't remember who. Probably something that was long since dismissed as insignificant, but it's tickling the back of my brain...

p.s. found one thing-- I might be remembering a reporter stopping there to talk to the locals.

I just finished listening to to the Murder Sheet podcast too.

The gas station is not located in a place convenient for folks driving in from out of town, like at an exit off the Hoosier Heartland Hwy. My first thought too was perhaps a meet up with a more local person or someone else coming in from elsewhere. My first thought was JBC.
I figured KAK was searching for someone up near Peru, not necessarily KAK himself, that was going to be going to meet this person before going to the trails.

Red circle—gas station
Pink circle—Monon High Bridge

View attachment 361283
I'm not going to start following this case again regularly because I despise suspect mode. Any time a case is fixated on a suspect(s) then I'm out. Far more often than not suspect discussion has nothing to do with true crime.

However, as I look at that linked map of the gas station location the aspect that jumped out at me is that it is not too far away from Abby and Libby's middle school. As soon as I saw the words Washington Street just above the red circle I remembered that on the day I visited the bridge I had taken Washington St. from the courthouse and driven to the school. Actually now that I think about it I took a different more circular route sightseeing through the neighborhoods from Trailhead Park while heading to the school, and then took Washington Street on the way back, directly to the courthouse on Main Street. Then I turned right to head toward Freedom Bridge.

Regardless, the gas station is relatively close to the school and on the same main road leading back to center city. That's what I'm trying to say.

The question from the outset was whether or not law enforcement had done a thorough job in pursuing and acquiring surveillance material from all over down during the time frame in question. To have it and lose it sounds almost impossible to believe but perhaps not by standards of this case.

I'm not going to start following this case again regularly because I despise suspect mode. Any time a case is fixated on a suspect(s) then I'm out. Far more often than not suspect discussion has nothing to do with true crime.

However, as I look at that linked map of the gas station location the aspect that jumped out at me is that it is not too far away from Abby and Libby's middle school. As soon as I saw the words Washington Street just above the red circle I remembered that on the day I visited the bridge I had taken Washington St. from the courthouse and driven to the school. Actually now that I think about it I took a different more circular route sightseeing through the neighborhoods from Trailhead Park while heading to the school, and then took Washington Street on the way back, directly to the courthouse on Main Street. Then I turned right to head toward Freedom Bridge.

Regardless, the gas station is relatively close to the school and on the same main road leading back to center city. That's what I'm trying to say.

The question from the outset was whether or not law enforcement had done a thorough job in pursuing and acquiring surveillance material from all over down during the time frame in question. To have it and lose it sounds almost impossible to believe but perhaps not by standards of this case.
I noted on street view that there was a school crossing sign right at the intersection of the Marathon station. I had wondered which school it was for, so thanks for the information!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288