GA - Rayshard Brooks, 27, fatally shot by Police, Wendy’s lot, Atlanta, 12 Jun 2020 #2

The special prosecutors presentation ^ was very informative and thorough. In his opinion, the two officers charged acted within their legal capacity, and the use off deadly force was justified.
Not sure what will happen next. That will be up to the LE and Atlanta, to officially drop any charges on Rolfe or Brosnan, per Pete Skandalakis.

Skandalakis said Tuesday that the department brought in outside experts to break down the video of the shooting frame-by-frame. The department also brought in experts in trauma and stress responses. “It’s my finding that Rolfe acted within accordance with Georgia law,” the expert said. “It’s my conclusion that the use of deadly force was reasonable.”

From what I have been reading, it seems as though the Brook's family will be filing civil suit(s), against the Atlanta PD and/or the two officers... In the meantime, the two attorneys for Rolfe and Brosnan may also be filing civil suits against the city of Atlanta. This isn't over...

ETA: Added link

" "This isn’t a time for unrest. Or division. Or time to accuse every officer out there of being a bad cop, because that’s just not true,” Stewart said.

Miller and Stewart say they will now focus on their civil suit against the City of Atlanta."

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taketherisk