GUILTY FL - Alisa Mathewson, 37, kidnapped, raped and almost murdered, Lithia, 11 March 2017 *husband Arrested*

This is the first time I’m seeing the literal definition of the “right to confront your accuser” play out. It is made more interesting by the fact that the defendant was able to do a competent, thorough and calm “confrontation.” Having not seen any of the other evidence, I would say the defendant conducted a successful cross exam. As a detached observer I am impressed with his skill.

Cross exam is all about gaslighting the witness if you really think about it. So it’s perfect territory for an abusive/controlling spouse! I do think he enjoyed it. That’s why he fired his atty right before!

JMO of course….

It’s interesting that it’s an all male jury! I’ve heard lawyer commentators say that male jurors are more sympathetic to female defendants. Whereas female jurors are harsher on female defendants. But I don’t know how that works with male jurors and a male defendant esp on a dv case!

This narcissistic ahole had no intention of testifying. He simply wanted an audience for his performance and a court sanctioned chance to torture his victim again. THAT is why he is still smirking. I hope he becomes a lightening rod in prison.

ESTRANGED HUSBAND KIDNAPPING TRIAL: DEFENDANT'S EX-WIFE TALKS TO COURT TV​

Victim Alisa Mathewson spoke out after her ex-husband, Trevor Summers, was convicted of her attempted murder, kidnapping and sexual assault. She spoke about her emotional ordeal finally coming to a close. (9/2/22)

ESTRANGED HUSBAND KIDNAPPING TRIAL: VICTIM'S NEW HUSBAND TALKS TO COURT TV​

Jeff Mathewson, the new husband of victim Alisa Mathewson, spoke out after Alisa' ex-husband, Trevor Summers, was convicted of her attempted murder, kidnapping and sexual assault. (9/2/22)

The Florida man who abruptly fired his lawyers, so he could cross-examine the ex-wife he kidnapped, raped and tried to murder was hit with a sentence of life without the possibility of parole Monday in a Tampa courtroom.

Trevor Summers, 45, was convicted in August of all 11 counts against him for the torture of his then-estranged wife, Alisa Mathewson, who is also the mother of his five children.

Trevor Summers Sentenced to Life in Prison for Kidnapping, Attempted Murder of Ex-Wife​

Oct 4, 2022
Trevor Summers was sentenced Monday [OCT 3] to life in prison for the kidnapping, attempted murder and sexual assault of his ex-wife Alisa Mathewson.

Screenshot_7-13.jpg

Image Credit: Law&Crime Network/YouTube
By early 2017, Alisa Mathewson had moved into a new house and was glad to be away from her estranged husband, Trevor Summers.

However, fate had other plans as Trevor broke into her house on March 11, 2017, and subjected her to over 55 hours of torture until she could escape with her life. Besides, reports later mentioned that although Alisa and Trevor had restraining orders against each other, the latter manipulated their daughter, Arden Summers, into helping him enter his estranged wife’s house. ’48 Hours: Alisa Mathewson’s Night Terrors’ takes the viewer through the harrowing ordeal and chronicles how law enforcement officers eventually rescued Alisa.

Updated on: February 25, 2024

"I've had so many issues with trusting people after what happened, and just the guilt that I lived with for so long before I finally told myself that this isn't my fault" Arden told "48 Hours" correspondent Peter Van Sant in an interview for "Alisa Mathewson's Night Terrors," reairing Saturday, Feb. 24 at 9/8c on CBS and streaming on Paramount+.

Before sentencing Summers to three life sentences followed by another 224 years in prison, the judge told Arden, "You should not feel guilty for anything that you did in this case. I assure you of that."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back