Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w prejudice* #104

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had been wondering if LE had checked down the well, and thinking surely they must have. But a 1" width rather scuttles that idea. I am actually particularly interested in bodies down wells, as that happened to my great-great-grandmother. (great-great-grandfather was charged with her murder, but acquitted. I don't know why he wasn't charged with manslaughter, as everyone seemed to think that he had knocked her about near the well, and down she went. He was an abusive alcoholic, and was always knocking her around.) But I digress. :)

Me again! Re old wells nearby, which have maybe been capped - really old ones wouldn't have been 1" wide, would they. And also if Barry knew of one, it would have been easy for him to tip Suzanne in, put the cover back on, then put plenty of soil on top and add some rocks and maybe bushes. Also pouring some dirt on top of Suzanne first, so she would not be seen even if someone did remove the cover and look down. :(

It is up to the prosecution to use the facts of the case to prove guilt. Typically they do use the same facts from the AA at the preliminary. This prosecution had a particularly weak preliminary and at times what they did use was unproven because they were premature with the arrest. But very little characterization or hearsay will make it to trial. They used it to make the case for the arrest but that is only the first step.

BIB

With respect, this does not address my question.

If the prejudicial material was to be presented in the prelim, and then again in the pre-trial hearings, all of which is public, what exactly was the Judge complaining about?

The suppression of the DV/DA material was the subject of media reports!

In this link, under Property Details, you will see that the water source is well (as you indicated) and that there is "one" well. 19057 Puma Path, Salida, CO 81242 - 3 beds/3.5 baths

Properties are either well and septic tank or municipal water and sewer according to this link. What You Need To Know About Wells, Septic Systems, and City Water For Your Home
I don't know if by "properties" you mean properties in this area, or in general, but if you meant in general, that is not necessarily so. Sometimes areas have one or the other.

In some areas, properties have municipal water, but each home still has a septic tank for sewage. This is true of some of the older areas in the Newcastle area, east of Seattle, for example.

In other areas, homes in a community may have individual private wells (or a small community well serving the homes in that community), but the homes are attached to municipal sewer lines. This was true of a condo community where I once had a part-time home in a small community in Montana.

I wonder if those were his exact words, 'bury a body', and he did, infact, bury Suzanne. Just curious.JMO

Top [maybe middlin';)] atha' mornin', all.
---------------------------------------------------

A little ways back I floated the notion(s) that,
  • BM - ok,an cunning plan, I'll concede - was consciously "misdirecting",
  • when he dropped this boast, out-of-the blue, to Morgan Gentile, (for our fresh compatriots, "MG", f/BM employee, shortly thereafter to be described by him as a disgruntled methhead),
  • who was then riding shotgun in his truck,
  • in the briefest of company, resulting from B's equally o-o-t-b offer to give her a lift from their work site to her vehicle parked @ her fitness club lot.... hmmm...,
  • doing so just in case that officious intermeddling Sheriff of Salida interviewed her, [or any associates with whom she might gossip],
  • because... MG might in this event mention my 'bury/never find' assertion - do recall that MG then seemed focused on shifting the msm blah-blah that she 'could well be an/the "other woman" '... perhaps figuring in Suzanne's 'mysterious disappearance'...
  • because, again, this could prove useful if/when subsequent butinski searchers focused primarilly/exclusively on subterranean potentialities...
  • inasmuch as he was going to use/already using the Providential watercourse in his very backyard.
-------------------------------------

But I must concede:
IMHO, per Barryworld, such 'adjunct cunning' would be surplusage. Then again, how could any harm come to him?
Alright...might as well have some fun watching these Keystoners traipsey around the scenery.
And, it goes without saying - but I'll say it anyway 'cause it's fab bolstering :D - the liklihood of searches in the first place is minimal... inasmuch as:
That throw-instinct-to-the-wind/ravenous feline/Tour de PP cycling aspirant that'll be back in his/her yellow jersey for the teal helmet whew! episode of My Neighborhood Nature World, coupled with The Broomfield Walibi , [a sure best-seller, w/ a foreword by IE], is... yes...unassailable. :cool:

My head spins.This Morphew fellow...brilliant from the get-go!

------------------------------------
@Megnut's incisive reasoning, {#109 of 28 July}, and this writer's reply {#125 of 30 July ehh...not so incisive?:confused:?} may be helpful here.

Last edited:
Me again! Re old wells nearby, which have maybe been capped - really old ones wouldn't have been 1" wide, would they. And also if Barry knew of one, it would have been easy for him to tip Suzanne in, put the cover back on, then put plenty of soil on top and add some rocks and maybe bushes. Also pouring some dirt on top of Suzanne first, so she would not be seen even if someone did remove the cover and look down. :(
I know nothing about wells, old or new, but if Barry knew of an old one, wouldn't LE?

You're right, Suzanne may never be found.
Somehow though, I think he's going to slip up somewhere, he's going to do or say something and it only has to be a small thing, then he's screwed. Eyes are on Barry, ears are listening and someone knows something. He's already looking haggard, he doesn't wear secrets well.
And yes, who the heck makes comments like that?!
He likely has already done or said something to someone close in his circle that could come up if the relationships ever get fractured. He spoke so freely to LE for that first year and he told many half truths in those lies he told. I think we can piece together some of what happened based on his lies that held some truth. If he spoke to his daughters, his friend George or coworkers, Sho, etc.. he likely told more little things he didn't realized he said. They might already even have doubts and just don't want to put things together or haven't put it together, but just wait till a rift happens. Sometimes even years later relationships change and people talk. Barry will have his day I feel it.

LE may have a map of all the old mineshafts in the area, and also a map of any wells that are known. However, I am thinking that there could very well be very old mines from the 1800's that have long been forgotten.

Top [maybe middlin';)] atha' mornin', all.
---------------------------------------------------

A little ways back I floated the notion(s) that,
  • BM - ok,an cunning plan, I'll concede - was consciously "misdirecting",
  • when he dropped this boast, out-of-the blue, to Morgan Gentile, (for our fresh compatriots, "MG", f/BM employee, shortly thereafter to be described by him as a disgruntled methhead),
  • who was then riding shotgun in his truck,
  • in the briefest of company, resulting from B's equally o-o-t-b offer to give her a lift from their work site to her vehicle parked @ her fitness club lot.... hmmm...,
  • doing so just in case that officious intermeddling Sheriff of Salida interviewed her, [or any associates with whom she might gossip],
  • because... MG might in this event mention my 'bury/never find' assertion - do recall that MG then seemed focused on shifting the msm blah-blah that she 'could well be an/the "other woman" '... perhaps figuring in Suzanne's 'mysterious disappearance'...
  • because, again, this could prove useful if/when subsequent butinski searchers focused primarilly/exclusively on subterranean potentialities...
  • inasmuch as he was going to use/already using the Providential watercourse in his very backyard.
-------------------------------------

But I must concede:
IMHO, per Barryworld, such 'adjunct cunning' would be surplusage. Then again, how could any harm come to him?
Alright...might as well have some fun watching these Keystoners traipsey around the scenery.
And, it goes without saying - but I'll say it anyway 'cause it's fab bolstering :D - the liklihood of searches in the first place is minimal... inasmuch as:
That throw-instinct-to-the-wind/ravenous feline/Tour de PP cycling aspirant that'll be back in his/her yellow jersey for the teal helmet whew! episode of My Neighborhood Nature World, coupled with The Broomfield Walibi , [a sure best-seller, w/ a foreword by IE], is... yes...unassailable. :cool:

My head spins.This Morphew fellow...brilliant from the get-go!

@Megnut's incisive reasoning, {#109 of 28 July}, and this writer's reply {#125 of 30 July ehh...not so incisive?:confused:?} may be helpful here.
Oops, I made a mistake in my reply. It should read IF he did, infact, bury....

I started doubting he buried Suzanne some weeks ago. He was leaving hints about LE searching the beaver dam, etc., which led me to believe he put her in the water somewhere, i.e., the river or a pond. He was seen soaking wet and shirtless in the river. WHAT was he doing in the river anyway? AWP was scared off searching for Suzanne. They said they saw men on the other side of the river with guns. Snipers. What was that all about?

JMO

SBM
I always thought that Fooses Dam deserved more attention. I have been told 1000 times why that is so dumb and maybe so, but I never totally dismissed it. My two cents.
It was searched, but it should be searched again. MOO. It's not dumb of you to think the way you are. Suzanne has't been found yet. Wherever she is, I hope she is found. The quicker the faster Bury will be brought to trial. JMO

I had been wondering if LE had checked down the well, and thinking surely they must have. But a 1" width rather scuttles that idea. I am actually particularly interested in bodies down wells, as that happened to my great-great-grandmother. (great-great-grandfather was charged with her murder, but acquitted. I don't know why he wasn't charged with manslaughter, as everyone seemed to think that he had knocked her about near the well, and down she went. He was an abusive alcoholic, and was always knocking her around.) But I digress. :)
So sorry about what happened to your great great grandmother. My condolences.:(

SBM
I always thought that Fooses Dam deserved more attention. I have been told 1000 times why that is so dumb and maybe so, but I never totally dismissed it. My two cents.
I agree! I don't know if she will ever be found it she was put in the water and somehow washed down to another body of water. He was mentioning the hike to Fooses.. seemed he needed a reason to have been down that way that week. Then he mentioned her being in the water in the LE interviews too. I just think he was dropping truth bits in with his lies.

Old wells were bored in this way back in the day - my grandfather did one in the 50s

If you want to pull water up the bore with a hand pump, the bore needs to be narrow to generate the suction force to pull the water up the pipe from depth!

One way they were done was to place a section of pipe in the ground and then haul a heavy "monkey" into the air and drop it from a frame on to the top of the pipe - ramming its some mm into the ground - then repeat

You can imagine doing this many 100s of times on a hot day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa