Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher, 34, Abducted while jogging 4:30 am, forced into SUV, Central Ave near Univ of M, personal items found, Memphis 2 Sept 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is surveillance footage of her being forced into the SUV it seems like that footage would have been released to help the public identify the kidnapper. Unless of course police don’t suspect a random person and they are protecting an inside investigation JMO

Recovery? Is one of them a recovering addict and/or alcoholic? Do they owe a debt?
Just responding to the debt angle, as that one is growing legs elsewhere.

From what I've seen, victims like Liza aren't kidnapped to force payment on a drug debt. When stuff like that happens, it always seems to be gang/criminal organization related. Those people know the victims aren't going to call law enforcement.

Here, they have no expectation, except for a national news frenzy, and a massive search effort. Not only are you not getting your money, but you're now looking at decades in prison.

This is something I’ve been wondering. The reports all say that WHEN police showed up on site they were told she was approached by an “unknown man” and forced into the vehicle. Who and how was that known BEFORE the police investigation? So either there was a witness who saw it and didn’t call police, or the family/friends had already somehow located the video?

I do not think this has anything to do with her abduction and there is nothing pointing that way so it may be unfair to go down that road without something to go on.JMO.
Unfortunately, I’m beginning to think it probably does have something to do with the situation. Just my opinion, and of course I could be 100% wrong. I don’t think it has to do necessarily with drug debt, exactly, as I don’t think drug dealers are out there kidnapping joggers to force payment as a general rule. But I do think this will probably end up being more of a “close to home” thing vs a stranger danger thing. Again, all my opinions only.

Just responding to the debt angle, as that one is growing legs elsewhere.

From what I've seen, victims like Liza aren't kidnapped to force payment on a drug debt.
I agree, I don’t think the kidnapping was to force payment for drug debt. I do think money might be a motivating factor in other ways though.

She is an incredible runner. Is there an equivalent to what Strava is to biking for running? Runkeeper, the Under Armour apps maybe? (was her location broadcast?)

<snip>
Strava is probably used as much by ultra runners as it is by bikers. She has a Strava account as Liza Fletcher. The picture on it matches her FB account. However, there's no data there, so either she doesn't use it much, or it's not set to share any data with the public. That wouldn't be unusual.

She also could have another account under a nickname at Strava or elsewhere. There's two users at UnderArmour with that exact name but again with no data, and it's not clear either belong to her. Also there's one user at Garmin with that name, again no public data.

Unfortunately, I’m beginning to think it probably does have something to do with the situation. Just my opinion, and of course I could be 100% wrong. I don’t think it has to do necessarily with drug debt, exactly, as I don’t think drug dealers are out there kidnapping joggers to force payment as a general rule. But I do think this will probably end up being more of a “close to home” thing vs a stranger danger thing. Again, all my opinions only.
I see what you mean as there is a certain troubled tone to some past social media posts referenced above. The thing is, this seems like an unusual candidate for that type of crime because of the caught on camera abduction into a strange vehicle. In other cases that are “close to home” as you say, it’s more of the wife disappearing while running etc., vs caught on a video out running then suddenly being grabbed into a vehicle that does not match any of the family vehicles. I can’t think of any cases like that.

I wondered earlier whether she had a fitbit. It turns out that she has something similar that may or may not update to her laptop. It might require syncing devices to retain a record of her heart beat during her run at the time that she was abducted, and afterward.

If she had a watch and it was discarded after she was abducted? Is there a link confirming that she had a wrist watch like this?

This is something I’ve been wondering. The reports all say that WHEN police showed up on site they were told she was approached by an “unknown man” and forced into the vehicle. Who and how was that known BEFORE the police investigation? So either there was a witness who saw it and didn’t call police, or the family/friends had already somehow located the video?
I don’t have sources to back this up, but the consensus is that University Police found and viewed the video and reported it to the Police. Articles (phone and water bottle) were found at the location, I think I read earlier by her friends searching for her. At the same time the police got a report from the husband. The possible explanation is this, her husband found her phone location on an app, went there with whoever discovered the items, called University Police, they came, viewed a security video, and reported the info to the Memphis Police. The husband called the Memphis Police to report her missing as well. It may not be exactly how it all happened, but it does fit all the pieces in a very brief tweet together.

IMO there are 3 reasons cops would take her car: 1. Routine investigation to run the computer data and see if any unexpected destinations/habits come up; 2. A neighbor’s ring camera caught someone prowling the car; 3. A neighbor’s ring camera caught the car leaving/coming back on a suspicious schedule overnight.

Any locals can give insight into what type of Park this is? Large, small, open areas, dense trees, etc?

Either way.. not liking this development… IF it does in fact have something to do with finding Liza. Especially coming so soon after police seizing the white vehicle at her house and maybe reviewing navigation data. (My opinion only.)

I see what you mean as there is a certain troubled tone to some past social media posts referenced above. The thing is, this seems like an unusual candidate for that type of crime because of the caught on camera abduction into a strange vehicle. In other cases that are “close to home” as you say, it’s more of the wife disappearing while running etc., vs caught on a video out running then suddenly being grabbed into a vehicle that does not match any of the family vehicles. I can’t think of any cases like that.
Hypothetically, I would expect a “stranger vehicle” in a murder for hire type situation.

This kidnapping happened to be caught on camera, but honestly most would be if it happens in a city these days. So I don’t know that the fact that it was an unknown vehicle really proves or disproves a close to home involvement. Again, I’m just speculating here.

I don’t have sources to back this up, but the consensus is that University Police found and viewed the video and reported it to the Police. Articles (phone and water bottle) were found at the location, I think I read earlier by her friends searching for her. At the same time the police got a report from the husband. The possible explanation is this, her husband found her phone location on an app, went there with whoever discovered the items, called University Police, they came, viewed a security video, and reported the info to the Memphis Police. The husband called the Memphis Police to report her missing as well. It may not be exactly how it all happened, but it does fit all the pieces in a very brief tweet together.
I agree with the University Police vs Memphis Police explanation. It seems like the camera footage was located and viewed as a result of the University Police investigating after the items were found and that’s why the Memphis police statements sound like they were told about what was seen by another party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes