Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher, 34, Abducted while jogging 4:30 am, forced into SUV, Central Ave near Univ of M, personal items found, Memphis 2 Sept 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been away for awhile. What’s the deal with LE taking her white SUV? I thought it was dark SUV that abducted her? Obviously I missed a lot.
You didn’t miss much, except the police were at her house and removed some items, including a white SUV, presumably hers, and long handled pruning shears. We know of no official reason why.

I have been away for awhile. What’s the deal with LE taking her white SUV? I thought it was dark SUV that abducted her? Obviously I missed a lot.
They towed a white van or SUV from the family’s home (the white van belonged fo the family). They also took personal items and garden shears. We don’t know if they had a warrant or whether the husband just allowed the search and seizure, and we don’t know why the couple owns a white van.

MOO but they are obviously trying to exclude the husband and or the victim herself from involvement.

Edited for a couple details (car type and color, etc).

Last edited:
You didn’t miss much, except the police were at her house and removed some items, including a white SUV, presumably hers, and long handled pruning shears. We know of no official reason why.
Pruning shears?? Nope, nope, nope. I’m going to tell myself it’s just for some random innocuous reason that police took them.

Per Joyce Peterson from Action News 5 on Twitter: "#MORE: we are aware of the posts on social media. We’ve heard the same rumors all day. Just checked with MPD. They are not confirming anyone has been arrested."

Per Joyce Peterson from Action News 5 on Twitter: "#MORE: we are aware of the posts on social media. We’ve heard the same rumors all day. Just checked with MPD. They are not confirming anyone has been arrested."
I'd expect them to be direct if an arrest had not been made, but we don't know who she talked to or their level of knowledge.

Pruning shears?? Nope, nope, nope. I’m going to tell myself it’s just for some random innocuous reason that police took them.
Realistically, how would you even go about killing someone with pruning shears? I am admittedly NOT a gardener, but I’ve used shears like what was posted and I can see chopping off a finger or I guess maybe the bottom part of your arm if it’s small enough, but other than that, they’re not what I would consider to be a deadly weapon? Am I just not imaginative enough?

Realistically, how would you even go about killing someone with pruning shears? I am admittedly NOT a gardener, but I’ve used shears like what was posted and I can see chopping off a finger or I guess maybe the bottom part of your arm if it’s small enough, but other than that, they’re not what I would consider to be a deadly weapon? Am I just not imaginative enough?
You could stab them to death with the shears.

I'd expect them to be direct if an arrest had not been made, but we don't know who she talked to or their level of knowledge.
Yes. And “arrested” and “held for questioning” are obviously two very different things as well. My guess is they want to find her body before making any official arrest. The time clock starts with the arrest, right? They have to have their ducks in a row. Speculation only.

You could close them and stab someone I guess. I'm not concerned about that item though.

I sincerely doubt that the pruning shears were a potential murder weapon. To me the most likely scenario is that they had spots that looked like blood evidence (innocuously) and so they were removed in case it meant something. But it probably is a red herring.

stabbing the tips into a chest or back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member