Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher, 34, Abducted while jogging 4:30 am, forced into SUV, Central Ave near Univ of M, personal items found, Memphis 2 Sept 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Police copter was up for a long while earlier, circling two area in the eastern edges of Memphis. The copter was up for a few hours and then landed about an hour ago and has not been active since. (I use ADS-B to track)

Phew! Finally caught up. This case is tragic, so many questions. I watched the video of the family statement and noticed Liza's husband crying and her mother stoic and seemingly angry, brother and dad hard to read. What a horrible experience, hoping they find her soon and that justice is swift - and severe. MOO

I keep thinking about her beautiful little boys. It infuriates me that this stuff can happen at any moment and at any time of day.

I know it doesn’t look good for Eliza, but I’m hoping and praying for a miracle. I have grandkids the ages of her boys. It makes me so incredibly sad.

Phew! Finally caught up. This case is tragic, so many questions. I watched the video of the family statement and noticed Liza's husband crying and her mother stoic and seemingly angry, brother and dad hard to read. What a horrible experience, hoping they find her soon and that justice is swift - and severe. MOO
I thought her mother looked like she's medicated. Her husband was trying to keep it together. I am sure they know much more and it's only a matter of time before we know it too. SAD!

And just like that, this feels "normal."

Statement from the family, and law enforcement's silence has been because they were closing in on the suspect vehicle and suspect.

So now I overwhelmingly expect that this is going to wind up being a stranger abduction, likely a crime of opportunity.

Hopefully more details come out soon.
Something still feels “off” to me.
A Crime of opportunity is usually quick and dump the evidence, creating as much distance as possible between the perp & the crime.
Ransom demands would be within the 1st couple of hours. There is zero chance this person driving the suv (if involved) couldn’t have heard about this case & wouldn’t have ditched the car.
Even stupid criminals wouldn’t stick around. Especially, when finding out this is an affluent family in the area.

Even Molly Tibbs killer (who spoke no English) covered his crime and wasn’t caught for a while.
Idk. Something still doesn’t seem right.

Oh and I think there was more than one person involved.

I'm getting a strong feeling that this mama will not be making it back home to her kids. MOO. This is infuriating. I really hope I'm wrong. I hope she pops up at home and gives her family a hug any minute now.

So now that LE has the car I wonder if has GPS tracking. OK, I know if this was planned he could have disabled it. But if he is driving around in the same vehicle, he just might be dumb enough to not know about GPS tracking.

It should have had a GPS tracker on it. GM has been using those since the early-mid 1990s.

“General Motors had worked up a built-in GPS navigation system, ONIS, initially introduced in 1992 on Avis Rent A Car vehicles in Florida. The system was officially added to Oldsmobile's 88 series as a factory option for the 1995 model-year.”

A brief History of GPS In-Car Navigation - NDrive

A Crime of opportunity is usually quick and dump the evidence, creating as much distance as possible between the perp & the crime.
Ransom demands would be within the 1st couple of hours. There is zero chance this person driving the suv (if involved) couldn’t have heard about this case & wouldn’t have ditched the car.
Even stupid criminals wouldn’t stick around. Especially, when finding out this is an affluent family in the area.

Even Molly Tibbs killer (who spoke no English) covered his crime and wasn’t caught for a while.

I've followed a bunch of cases where suspects have held on to the vehicle. He also may have figured he was ok after seeing those grainy stills.

I feel a hell of a lot more comfortable than I did, and the fact that they've said anything at all (this guy being in custody), means they must be very confident.

agree 100%

Mom looks extremely angry (rightfully so) and is using a lot of restraint not to just unleash her wrath upon this person. Husband and dad look heartbroken. That was so hard to watch.
I noticed when the uncle said bring Liza home safe her husband shook his head slightly. I do think they expect the worse. And I agree with Otto the car may have evidence indicating that. I hope they find her quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire