Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if she just climbed back there to breathe after being too scared to climb out the window? I suppose maybe in the midst of being startled and panicking from being suddenly immersed in the water she could sense the water rushing in through the windows as the CR-V sank and turtled... and then when she got to the back she realized her trim level of CR-V had no hatch release from the inside. She could've run out of air shortly thereafter as the water quickly rushed in through the windows and froze up in a panic. The area she was found in isn't enclosed in any way from the rest of the interior, so I'm not sure how people seem to be unsure of how she could get back there.

I also think that survivor's instinct would have her trying to head to where there was air, and in a car going down engine first, that would be the air pocket, in the "back back."

Even someone older and sober would get disoriented immediately and lunge for air. Also possibly to where there was light, before the car sunk to 14 feet, if there was any moonlight still reflected.

Also, though it grieves me to say it, after 14 days of submersion, Kiely's body would not necessarily be intact. Maybe the majority of her was in the back back, and some of her, like the feet in shoes, was lower down.

Jmo

If AWP didn’t make YT vids, they couldn’t do what they do for the families for free. Where would they get the money for the equipment, travel, etc.? I also think it’s important to document these cases in order to educate people about these underwater recoveries and spread awareness about water safety & possible clues to solve other cold cases.

From all the videos I’ve watched on AWP, I’ve yet to see a recovery where the body is in the backseat or cargo area. Don’t think that’s common at all. I think AWP Nick’s reaction was authentic. It was the first dead body he has dived on himself to identify. AWP isn’t perfect, they’ve made mistakes, but this time they should be applauded.

A car will turtle a lot faster than you think. IMO I don’t think it rolled on its side. I think it drove in straight than turtled frontwards.

Good find on the CR-V manual. So you can’t open the hatchback from inside without a screwdriver.
I have only watched one video of theirs that isn't related to Kiely, but the woman they found was in the back seat on the driver's side of her Kia. I can't recall the name of the lady off the top of my head, though.

Was there any broken glass inside the car? Were the doors locked? Keys in the ignition? That would mean the window was broken from the outside. I'm just not ready to blame anyone and not assume it was an accident. Please hear me out. What if Kiely was in the car passed out, reacting to something she ingested and somebody tried to enter the vehicle to help but the doors were locked. In the process, the car rolled into the lake. Too many unanswered questions for me to make judgements right now.

He also could have been very shook up when he saw her, because sadly her body would have been in very poor shape by this point. If you've ever seen photos of bodies that have been in the water for days/weeks, you know that it is quite a frightening thing. He may not have been prepared for that and it may have shook him up enough to make it seem suspicious in his eyes?

Yet he knew it was Kiely, so he was able to ID her quickly. LE did not confirm straight away,but AWP was out saying they had found her.

Which makes me think she was recognizable.

I also think that survivor's instinct would have her trying to head to where there was air, and in a car going down engine first, that would be the air pocket, in the "back back."

Even someone older and sober would get disoriented immediately and lunge for air. Also possibly to where there was light, before the car sunk to 14 feet, if there was any moonlight still reflected.

Also, though it grieves me to say it, after 14 days of submersion, Kiely's body would not necessarily be intact. Maybe the majority of her was in the back back, and some of her, like the feet in shoes, was lower down.

Jmo
She was in the vehicle long enough to float to the highest point. IIRC, front of the car was @10' and back was @14'.

I think they should only video things for police evidence only. Not for public consumption.
I don't agree with them having a YouTube channel and posting slick, well edited videos.

They should just find the cars and bodies, hand them over to the police, and then just quietly go on to the next job.

No interviews, no media. Simply do the job without turning it into a circus. I think this side of AWP lets them down and makes me bittersweet about them.

MOO.
Following these guys for a long time now and for Jarred to come out like he has and said what he has said......
IMO they are stepping up applying public pressure to LE because of reasons we are not privy to.

The public videos is what funds their missions.
There would be no income otherwise.

eta I agree with others their reputation is too hard earned for them to be reckless.

Last edited:
Yet he knew it was Kiely, so he was able to ID her quickly. LE did not confirm straight away,but AWP was out saying they had found her.

Which makes me think she was recognizable.
You are right that he said that but from what I've read it seems improbable that he could have recognized her unless he was looking at clothing or something.

He already knew it was her car so maybe he logically assumed that it was her.

Can't remember how long but it took the medical examiner a while to positively identify her.

JMHO

Possible.

Or...she was recognizable.

What if she really wasn't in the water yet when LE searched Prosser?

Remember they were so confident that they told AWP they did not need to search there?

There was obviously some algae/slime on her vehicle. I'm not sure what would be typical given estimated length of time, temperature and so on.

Just something to consider since we have a *possible* sighting by Roadside Nick, which may have been after the party. This could change the timeline.

We have law enforcement doing a very thorough search of Prosser, and also telling AWP as much, sharing info, etc. and then look where Kiely was found? So close to shore?

I'm really not sure what to think about any of this. I feel as though anything is possible.

Something that was a red flag to me about the tow truck driver was, "Nick, a long time supporter, fan of ours"

So, this tow truck driver was so concerned, he didn't try to follow up with LEO, his company but managed to be in the parking lot of Best Buy with the company he's long supported. OK

Do you think law enforcement watched the video?
Yes.

I would think they have followers who are LE, and I would think someone from LE agencies watches anything associated of interest to cases they are working on. Wouldn't you think so too? They probably check in forums like this one occasionally as well.

Something that was a red flag to me about the tow truck driver was, "Nick, a long time supporter, fan of ours"

So, this tow truck driver was so concerned, he didn't try to follow up with LEO, his company but managed to be in the parking lot of Best Buy with the company he's long supported. OK
So do you think this whole thing might have been orchestrated just so that Nick could be part of an AWP investigation?

Judging from the amount of people, trucks and vehicles when her car was towed out, there were already plenty of authorities there. They must've been there to supervise, as AWP only do the finding of cars and towing out - so LE, police, sheriff, FBI (depending on location and the type of case) need to be there to take over from AWP as soon as the car/body is removed.

I'm sure the diver was saying that to the videographer for dramatic effect.

Remember, the owner of AWP runs an influencer/video company. They know what to say and how to edit for more drama. Their YouTube platform relies upon clicks and likes.

MOO.

BBM- With all due respect, are you saying he resurfaced only to put on a face for dramatic effect? The reality is, they're dealing with something horrible. How often do you see "actual footage" of something so horrible. My guess is it was a hard moment for him and the very expensive cameras to document it captured the moment. They didn't recreate it. So, Nick finds a car with a dead 16 year old girl and comes to the top of the water to fake emotion for likes?

Jmo
I think her body would still be intact but that's MOO. The pictures in the following article of people found after a long time in water shows them all to be intact.

I've posted this article before but here's the warning again... you might not want to look if you are at all squeamish as there are some extremally graphic pictures.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members