Found Deceased MA - Meghan Marohn, 43, from NY, car found near Longcope Park, Lee, 28 Mar 2022 *Reward*

I'm local to her disappearance and not a single news / MSM site has announced her exact location where her remains were found, so I do not take into account anything Mr Hughes states as fact, nor his comment on the route of her "killer." Killer? This could still be self harm or a horrible accident. Earlier on family said she took a northern route to the park based on directions given to her from someone at the Inn, not the route that Mr Hughes chooses to state here. AND the "gravel road" leads to someone's HOME. It isn't a great spot to be a dumping grounds if someone's home is there!
Thanks for your input.

As always in these kinds of cases, I like to keep an open mind until more information is released.

Plus Gray Hughes is not MSM or LE so under TOS whatever he says (even if correct) is considered rumor. Perhaps for good reason!
It’s ok, I’m still entitled to an opinion, I hope. It’s not intended to harm any friends or family of the missing woman.

Ill leave the discussion here and find another discussion group. Most sincere condolences to her family and friends. So sorry for your loss. Bye.

Did she have a backpack? All those items are a lot when listed separately but they'd fit easily into a standard bookpack-style backpack, which would be easy to carry even on a fairly strenuous walk.
But the thing is it was a miserable weatherwise day. Was her backpack waterproof if she had one. Even it were waterproof why take the laptop, especially in the rain where was she going to use it?

But the thing is it was a miserable weatherwise day. Was her backpack waterproof if she had one. Even it were waterproof why take the laptop, especially in the rain where was she going to use it?
Right? Trying to impose logic is the norm as a sleuther but in this case may not yield much clarity. The piece penned by MM's friend AM gives insight into why.

MM was known as an intelligent, concientious person. But IMO she was not making her best decisions during this time due to multiple stressors.

Where logic should apply, there is mystery. Self-harm, foul play? We don't know. And the "clues" being confusing isn't helping. Until & if we know more (which I personally think is unlikely due to media attention likely dying out & the family seeking privacy as tends to happen here at WS so many times after a body is found) endless questions will be all we are left with.

JMO

IF we don't hear more about this from LE, are we to assume they determined this was either self-harm or an accidental death? If they suspect foul play, I'm assuming they would put that out asking for tips/info/anyone in the area around that time and so forth?

IF we don't hear more about this from LE, are we to assume they determined this was either self-harm or an accidental death? If they suspect foul play, I'm assuming they would put that out asking for tips/info/anyone in the area around that time and so forth?
I guess we can each assume whatever we want to. It's the one thing I find most frustrating about many cases discussed here at WS. I like resolution & so many people are finally found but then......nothing......else.......is shared. Head-bashing-brick-wall-of-silence is not a happy conclusion for those invested in helping or trying too!
MOO

There's a good article by Anna Mercury today about her best friend Meghan. Not sure if the TOS allow for me to link it but most of you have read her prior works and know where to find it.
I can't seem to find Anna Mercury's newest article. Can you send a link please?

It’s ok, I’m still entitled to an opinion, I hope. It’s not intended to harm any friends or family of the missing woman.

Ill leave the discussion here and find another discussion group. Most sincere condolences to her family and friends. So sorry for your loss. Bye.
You're more than welcome to hang out here.

Marohn taught high school English at Shaker High School in Latham, New York, according to WRGB.

Marohn’s brother described her as “a devoted and passionate high school English teacher, poet, artist, and concerned environmentalist who displays deep passion in all her endeavors,” on a page that was set up to support search efforts. “She is charismatic, witty, and a genuinely loving and beautiful person whom I miss dearly and need to know what happened to her.”

I agree, it doesn't seem like the most logical thing looking from outside, but without being in her head, we can only guess.

If she thought she was going to the historic cemetery in Stockbridge, which is on a different Church Street (which has been my theory from the beginning), she might have wanted to write something beside the tomb of a writer, artist, or activist she respected, or maybe planned to continue her walk to a cafe or library where she could write in comfort.

If she was in a bad place, she might have wanted her most important possessions with her for comfort (not necessarily self-harm).

I agree, it doesn't seem like the most logical thing looking from outside, but without being in her head, we can only guess.

If she thought she was going to the historic cemetery in Stockbridge, which is on a different Church Street (which has been my theory from the beginning), she might have wanted to write something beside the tomb of a writer, artist, or activist she respected, or maybe planned to continue her walk to a cafe or library where she could write in comfort.

If she was in a bad place, she might have wanted her most important possessions with her for comfort (not necessarily self-harm).
I have thought the same thing- that she actually thought she was going to the historic cemetary and she "may" have been lost, walking around thinking she was there. Now that we have seen where she was found, absent a note, it's not unreasonable to think this might have been an accident. The critical thing for me was that she brought her backpack with valuable things in it.

Right? Trying to impose logic is the norm as a sleuther but in this case may not yield much clarity. The piece penned by MM's friend AM gives insight into why.

MM was known as an intelligent, concientious person. But IMO she was not making her best decisions during this time due to multiple stressors.

Where logic should apply, there is mystery. Self-harm, foul play? We don't know. And the "clues" being confusing isn't helping. Until & if we know more (which I personally think is unlikely due to media attention likely dying out & the family seeking privacy as tends to happen here at WS so many times after a body is found) endless questions will be all we are left with.

JMO
I wonder if her family will seek answers if they aren't satisfied with an official conclusion? Of course I can see both sides on one hand they may want to not pursue as there were indications of a mental health crisis and coincidences do happen. And of course there's the side where they would want to seek answers for obvious reasons.

I see your point but why leave the car unlocked and take the keys with oneself?

I wonder if her family will seek answers if they aren't satisfied with an official conclusion? Of course I can see both sides on one hand they may want to not pursue as there were indications of a mental health crisis and coincidences do happen. And of course there's the side where they would want to seek answers for obvious reasons.
Her brother having established a web page about her disappearance early on leads me in the direction of yes. He has been such a good brother to her in that way and I'm sure many other ways. Whether he will release info about anything he learns regarding the circumstances of her death? I'm not sure. He might if he thinks MM would favor it.
JMO

TY for the update.

No paywall:
September 5, 2022

Rest in peace, Meghan. :(

I would definitely think she did, or a big slouchy bag. If this was self harm, perhaps she left a note that was able to be read after all this time, and I am so hoping those possessions have been located near her remains.

She has a large bag next to her in the picture of her with the typewriter and the Troy Poems sign.

I am assuming she had a bag/backpack with her when she disappeared and that it was found near her remains. If she has been deceased since March, she probably wouldn't be recognizable but items on or with her may have still been. I'm pretty sure the police said it was most likely her the same day she was found so there must have been something that could identify her if only a "possible" identification.

I had hoped she was in hiding, but I knew in my heart that wasn't the case. She is such a sensitive soul that I can't believe she would leave her father that has (or had, not sure) cancer without a word to go into hiding. If this is a case of self harm, I believe there will be letters found in her belongings. I see alot of myself and my best friend in Meghan, like her, feelings and the written word are very important and I feel she would want her loved ones to understand her choice and to have a final 'I love you' from her.

I find foul play to be the least likely option here, but still a possibility, I guess. I lean toward self harm or misadventure. I can't imagine going into the woods that day by choice though, that's what keeps throwing me off. I am in CT so I have pretty much the same weather as Western Massachusetts and it was said there was an ice storm the day before. These ice storms are no joke. Literally everything turns to ice and even well maintained sidewalks would still be a mess the day following. I can't comprehend taking a hike thru the woods in that. I don't know. I just pray she found the peace she hoped for in life. RIP Meghan.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back