Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging Near University of Memphis #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't understand why CA would wash his clothes? Wouldn't it make more sense to dump his clothes in the trash? Is he so much of an idiot that he doesn't know that even after cleaning traces of blood can be found? He's certainly disorganized.
I also wonder where he got the vehicle from. It wasn't his, right? Was it owned by the company he worked for? Was he near a place he was supposed to clean? This is a long weekend, could he have put Eliza in a business place somewhere hoping that she wouldn't be found and he could return to move her?

I wish we knew more about that cleaning service he worked for. Was it a legit business, or kind of a side job thing?
Residential and commercial? If it was more commercial than residential, that could be a reason LE was searching along I240 yesterday. This guy seemed to stick to a central area based on where we've seen LE searching.
The name of the company is in the affidavit and plenty of info available on Google. I had the same questions.

I just don't understand why CA would wash his clothes? Wouldn't it make more sense to dump his clothes in the trash? Is he so much of an idiot that he doesn't know that even after cleaning traces of blood can be found? He's certainly disorganized.
I also wonder where he got the vehicle from. It wasn't his, right? Was it owned by the company he worked for? Was he near a place he was supposed to clean? This is a long weekend, could he have put Eliza in a business place somewhere hoping that she wouldn't be found and he could return to move her?
I don't think he wanted to go home with the car and his clothes the way they were. The utilities for that place and the care are in another name. JMO

Last edited:
MPD helicopter is back in the air - heading toward south memphis - call sign N350MP - will be interesting to see if they are going back to one of the areas that has been searched already this weekend.
Over Nonconnah Creek west of the airport, south west of pine links golf course, and flying very low - under 500 ft

There were also job postings, seemed to be for entry level cleaners, starting at $14-15/hr. It was a part time position, transportation required, with hours of 10pm-2am cleaning commercial restrooms. The small business owner is a victim here too so I won’t post a link and I hope she doesn’t lose clients over this.

Last edited:
Someone late in the previous thread asked if Pookie could have been carrying a weapon. I think most still-violent felons without parole officers are bound to be armed and dangerous, <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
He has no reason to talk. Unfortunately, it seems pretty obvious what occurred. Hopefully, LEO will find Eliza soon.

I am a bit confused, did he use the stolen SUV? Or his own company car? Was he alone or was someone with him?
Read the affadavitt. The vehicle belonged to someone else. It has all the info in there.

Last thread I was asked why carry a phone and wear a Garmin type watch. My watch does not make calls. I carry mine for that reason and I also listen to music or podcasts via my phone. My watch has capability to download limited music but I prefer to just stream via my phone. I was asked what kind of watch she was wearing in the photo. I could not see the face. It looked like a smart watch of some kind. Could be that they could use the watch to help track her beyond the point where the phone was broken.
I have had a Garmin in the past and they are great for training and it sounds like she was a very good distance runner. The Garmin can be set to help you keep a certain pace and it can track your routes and analyze your efforts over time and give you so much information about your training to help you get faster/better. I'm sure they make something that does this and is a smart watch that can make calls and things like that, but it's possible she just had the Garmin for tracking her training and her phone was for emergencies and music or things the watch might not do.
I have a newer Fitbit that I know can be set up to make calls or do other things, but I just use it for logging workouts and tracking my sleep and steps. I always carry my phone also.

He has no reason to talk. Unfortunately, it seems pretty obvious what occurred. Hopefully, LEO will find Eliza soon.

I am a bit confused, did he use the stolen SUV? Or his own company car? Was he alone or was someone with him?
It appears the vehicle is registered to a woman who also resides at the address he gave as his own. We don’t know the relationship between them or if she allowed him to drive it. Neighbors of his brother said he was often seen driving and sitting in the vehicle so it seems he drove it often. Moo

Sunrise was 6:32am on Sept 1. Eliza was abducted at 4:20am. That leaves 2 hours of darkness for CA to operate in. It's a 20 min ride from where Eliza was abducted to where CA was found and arrested. CA went to his brother's place just before 8am. So if CA disposed of Eliza before the sun came up and was back at his brother's place just before 8am, that would give CA an hour and a half travel time from where he left Eliza to his brother's place, unless he was driving around looking for a spot. Wouldn't it make sense for CA to immediately go home after to clean? And wouldn't it make sense to leave Eliza while it's still dark to avoid being seen? That leaves a lot of ground to be covered.

Looking at flightradar - I assume they are looking for her in the water.
When Libby Squire was cruelly dumped in water, she took days (weeks?) to be recovered. LE were able to recover semen from her rape. (It was rape as she was clearly incapable of consenting on cctv as she was being placed in the car). Not sure legally what would happen in USA for a kidnap victim with kidnapper semen (assuming it can be recovered)

I don't think he wanted to go home with the car and his clothes the way they were. The utilities for that place and the care are in another name. JMO
I'm curious when the very first report was of her being abducted. If he heard something on the radio say about 745, that could have sparked the frantic nature of his cleaning just shortly after. I'm wondering if he just didn't think it would be report that soon and when it was or he heard something it caused the panicked cleaning and instead of going home or ditching the clothing, he just went to the closest place he knew someone and started cleaning.

Gosh the chopper is flying sooo low over the creek - going as low as 100 ft at times according to flight radar, it definitely makes you wander if they have spotted something. can anyone confirm if the atvs are searching in the same area as where the helicopter is flying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member