Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging Near University of Memphis #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, it could tie back to the September 1 police report mentioned in the affidavit. They ran his name and came up with that report. Could have been an accident report related to the tail light damage on the SUV. Officer taking the report body cam could have caught his footware?

All JMO, could be a number of reasons.

Evidently, police won't release the 9/1/22 police report per reporter Ian Ripple.

There is one aspect of this that reminds me of the Christina Morris case. LE found biological evidence in Enrique Arochi's trunk indicating Christina was there. Not enough for a no-body case, but he got life on the kidnapping charge and they didn't have the actual assault on video like they have here. LE used cell phone tracking to follow some fairly strange movements around Plano and finally to his parents' house. There was a huge block of time that could not be accounted for and Christina was not found. Arochi went to trial and got life. Christina was finally found by accident by a construction crew preparing a site for residential plots. Four years later. Arochi had no ties to that site. She was almost 30 miles away near another town.

I hope by using digital means - vehicle tracking and cell phone - and traffic cameras, that LE can see his movements and possibly where he stops. I'm hoping there isn't a block of time in that 0430 to 0750 time line where his movements can't be traced. Arochi wasn't any genius, but he worked in the cell phone industry and knew how they worked. This guy just does dumb stuff like leaving his slides at the crime scene. I'm hoping he stayed in that mode all the way up to 0750.

And failed abductions, loitering complaints and pestering females in movie theaters...
I saw some of this on a video last night too but not locating it right now. I believe also that he would loiter around outside his brother's apartment and ask women for sex, etc. Wonder if the MPS knew this and helped locate him so quickly as the suspect..Still looking for the link..

No, but a lot of people will carry a single credit card and an ID on very long runs in case of emergencies. Many running shorts have pockets just big enough to fit these, a key, maybe a phone. Was there an ATM nearby? Maybe used the AppleWallet on her phone before smashing it? I'm thinking CC though.

ETA: Based on his juvenile record and his Facebook posts, I'm seeing a pattern of deep hatred of women. So entirely possible that robbery wasn't the motive: SA or murder was. Then the robbery was the crime of opportunity when he found her card. All pure speculation as we don't even know it was her card/identity he stole yet.
Yeah, I carry one key, my phone, driver's license, and depending on my route, an emergency $20 or my debit card.

I’ve been thinking about the possibility of the Mississippi River. I passed over it a few weeks ago a little north of Memphis and the water level was incredibly low. If it is still at lower levels, I would think that that would make accessing the water line and successfully disposing of a body much more difficult. But, then again, I’m not putting anything past Mensa member Pookie.

(Edited for clarity)

And the gps in the car. Seems like he had a very generous roomie to let him use it all the time. jmo
And what is the saying.....?? "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned".....I wouldn't be surprised if the additional charges may have a connection to her or if not, once LE gets her talking, more may come out. IMO of course.

Well, maybe she had a wallet type thing attached to her phone (sticks on and holds driver license and bank cards).
I have a wallet phone case because I don't carry a purse. It has my D
Yeah, I carry one key, my phone, driver's license, and depending on my route, an emergency $20 or my debit card.
Me too. I have a wallet phone case with my ID, credit and debit cards, maybe $20 in cash on a good day. I do not carry a purse. My kids have the stick on things on their phones for their ID or debit card. Wherever he used her card there is likely video. Like somebody else said, he is not a mensa candidate.

I am not caught up on all the posts.
I just want to say without being too identifiable that after re-reading the affidavit, it states MPD has images of CA at the Malco Theater on Germantown Parkway wearing the slide sandals the day before Eliza's abduction. The slides he left behind that contained his DNA and led to his apprehension.
That's extremely near me. I would have no clue as to why he was at that particular Malco.
The cleaning service mentioned in the affidavit is not large and does not clean the Malco Theaters.
Since he was out in the Cordova area of Memphis, which is not very near to his residence nor the abduction area, I am left to wonder just how many areas need to be searched. His apparent "zone/s of comfort" must extend all over this city and Shelby County. Not good. :(
I wonder if they will eventually extend their search efforts further out from the city central areas.
*Source of Affidavit Police believe missing Eliza Fletcher ‘suffered serious injury,’ suspect charged in her kidnapping
snippet: "According to the affidavit, Abston’s DNA was found on the slides, and investigators discovered surveillance footage, from the Malco Theater on Germantown Parkway of Abston wearing the same slides a day before the abduction."
Malco Theatres - Cordova Cinema
1080 N Germantown Pkwy, Cordova, TN 38018
35.155723, -89.709789
Should they be searching in this area also? I do not know.
View attachment 364382
JMO
Chi
Chi, is there a car wash in this area?

If LE has his phone, they know where he's been. Pull video from the locations and you've got evidence of the shoes & clothing he wears.
In the affidavit, it stated his employer have them his cell number and they got his records early on. That's how they knew he was where Eliza was abducted from. This all seemed to happen at warp speed. Including the DNA profile from the slides.

Contrast that with other cases where the waits are sometimes weeks!!

I still go back to him being without shoes, in the dark, looking for a place to hide a person. I'm sure he wouldn't walk over gravel so I continue to think a grassy area, water or something like that. JMOO
I think it would be harder to run/ struggle with slides on because they can slip, even though being barefoot would hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans