Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging Near University of Memphis #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
SO many reasons to take the scanner offline. I bet they even switch channels during sensitive and high publicity investigations when they get a high number of listeners, no need to muddy the waters for curiosity’s sake. Moo

So this reads to me like he stole a wallet that was in a sort of lost and found area of the movie theater, while he was working at a cleaner in the movie theater, in the early hours of Thursday September 1.

That's how I read it, too. And he might have lost his job over it, starting (or continuing) a spiral...

So this reads to me like he stole a wallet that was in a sort of lost and found area of the movie theater, while he was working at a cleaner in the movie theater, in the early hours of Thursday September 1.
And then used the debit card to make several purchases.

So he was going to lose his job within the next few days. It seems like he was heading in only one direction. He literally couldn’t help himself imo

I was just looking at my map app. You would think all I do is shop and eat. I'm actually in retail and drive from account to account. Anyway, if the police ever investigate me they are going to be BUSY. Maybe they're tracking his maps if it's turned on. JMO

So, he was arrested at 4:00 PM on Sept. 1 for theft, and kidnapped EF a little over 12 hours later. It's either that the dam broke and all the impulses he'd been inhibiting were released at once, or that he was caught on the theft, and figured that he didn't need to bother to try to stop committing crimes: "I've already blown it, I might as well keep going."

ETA: I guess he wasn't arrested, 4:00 on 9/1 is when police responded to a report of the theft. I wonder if his boss fired him that night and told him why.

So he was going to lose his job within the next few days. It seems like he was heading in only one direction. He literally couldn’t help himself imo
Not that this guy is a serial killer, but in a lot of sexually motivated cases like that, there is what's called a "precipitating stressor," prior to the act.

So it's some negative event that causes stress to the offender, like job loss, relationship issues, legal or financial troubles, etc.

So this doesn't move the needle for me in regards to Liza's abduction being a robbery attempt.

So, he was arrested at 4:00 PM on Sept. 1 for theft, and kidnapped EF a little over 12 hours later. It's either that the dam broke and all the impulses he'd been inhibiting were released at once, or that he was caught on the theft, and figured that he didn't need to bother to try to stop committing crimes: "I've already blown it, I might as well keep going."
Super-sized that "blown it".

a new federal charge on Monday, identity theft, and charges of theft of property, and fraudulent use of a credit card.
If this is a federal charge as indicated, I wonder if he crossed state lines to use the credit card etc?

Well that answers my last five questions
Answers a bunch of mine, too. Apparently, he *did* have a job that had him cleaning overnight. So 4:00 might have been a normal time for him to be on the way home. I wonder if he worked that night/morning, given that his boss made a police report about his theft. Maybe there was a discussion while he was at work, just hours before the abduction.

I'm not even a little bit worried about it even coming to that. We're not only dealing with an idiot, but an idiot who had little time to work with. I think there's just no way he concealed her body well.
Yes, but the heat in Memphis is a problem. Evidence is deteriorating by the hour. A professional basketball player was murdered in 2010 and his body wasn’t found for 9 days due to a jurisdiction issue with 911 service. Little more than skeletal remains were left by then. Autopsy: Lorenzen Wright shot to death

For some strange reason, most missing person cases don’t involve vulture sightings.

The only one I can think of is Hannah Graham, and that was questionable.

MOO
It happened in the Nancy Cooper Case, that was local to me, here in NC. She was found at the end of a cul-de-sac of a new development of homes being built. A neighborhood resident placed a 9-1-1 call after noticing buzzards circling.

The man who called 911 said he noticed the body because of the vultures hanging around.

Last edited:

ETA: I guess he wasn't arrested, 4:00 on 9/1 is when police responded to a report of the theft. I wonder if his boss fired him that night and told him why.
And it was the first of the month- rent, car payment, and other bills due? That's assuming he was contributing to the household where he was staying. So far not a peep from "housemate", but we do know lease, car and at least one utility are in her name. Maybe loosing everything over this small theft? Very likely fired with evidence on film.

Yes, but the heat in Memphis is a problem. Evidence is deteriorating by the hour. A professional basketball player was murdered in 2010 and his body wasn’t found for 9 days due to a jurisdiction issue with 911 service. Little more than skeletal remains were left by then. Autopsy: Lorenzen Wright shot to death
Even if they lose forensic evidence, it won't matter. They know this guy kidnapped her, and likely have biological evidence found inside his vehicle. It's the body that's most important, although I'm sure a case could easily be made without one.

Can't imagine it would ever come to that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge