Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging Near University of Memphis #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
If she/or anyone else was dumped in a vacant house, how could they have found the body?

Searching abandoned properties would be typical in something like this, but something had to reaffirm to LE that area should’ve been the focal point.

Identity theft charges released to public around 3:45p ET, they already had that info beforehand with the previous police report. Wonder if they applied pressure with thag to CA or others to see if they could “jog their memories” on timeline gaps. LE started posting up at Hamilton HS less than an hour later, body found at 5:07. I wouldn’t put it past LE to release the other charges at 3:45 to shift focus so they could work on whatever lead/tip they got.

I am often a critic of LE, but in this case I have to hand it to Memphis PD (and the other agencies they coordinated with) for excellent handling of a difficult case.

So glad that LE has been able to move swiftly to both identify the suspect and (presumably) locate Liza. Far too few MPs get this resolution.

I am often a critic of LE, but in this case I have to hand it to Memphis PD (and the other agencies they coordinated with) for excellent handling of a difficult case.

So glad that LE has been able to move swiftly to both identify the suspect and (presumably) locate Liza. Far too few MPs get this resolution.

I’m impressed with how LE has acted in this investigation. Now if only every other police department across the country could most as swift.

With a history like his I agree! I wish we knew what his record in prison was like.

I look up Sidney & Tammy Moorer every once in a while - this is what you can see in South Carolina https://public.doc.state.sc.us/scdc-public/inmateDetails.do?id= 00373721
Yep, Arizona provides similar detail including all their jail infractions, work details, risk level, and so forth. I was hoping to find something similar for Tennessee but it does not appear to exist.

Search for Frank Atwood in the AZ database. He kidnapped, raped, and murdered an 8 year old girl in Tucson when I was going to college there in 1984. He was convicted and sentenced to death in 1985 after release from a California prison for child molestation. The case and trial were a big deal in Tucson then and his name continued to come up through the years for various reasons. I was ecstatic earlier this when the Arizona Supreme Court issued his death warrant and we celebrated on June 8 of this year when he was finally executed. My only regret is that he got to live almost 40 years after his horrendous crime.

they have done amazing!

There is evidence though, that those lacking empathy can learn societal norms. There is scientific evidence that some high power administrators/CEOs have ASPD/ narcissistic PD traits. The difference though, is that those that are successful have had good upbringings and have learned what society considers acceptable. I truly believe they are born this way, but upbringing can alter the path they go down. First post after signing up to track this case. I hope it is acceptable.
Welcome to Websleuths! Great first post.
In my profession, I’ve seen how imperative early intervention is when it comes to maladaptive behaviors. When I get a patient at 3 years old, the outlook is infinitely better than getting a patient at 8+ years old. I’ve always said the reason I only work with kids is because adult behaviors are too ingrained. It’s too late. Truthfully, it’s often “too late” after age 4 to 5-ish.

I don't know how to put this delicately. The scent of decomposition in 4 days of high heat is very distinctive and travels quite a distance. jmo
Thanks CharlestonGal and all the others who replied. My thought had to do with the legal issues of going onto private property, and going into a privately owned structure. Plus, I think I was unaware that the scent would be so strong outside the building. AND now I see from Twitter that the body was NOT inside a building. Guess we'll have to wait for more details.

Last edited:
This has been completely heartbreaking to follow, and this is the first time I've followed a crime in this manner. I grew up in Memphis nearby where the abduction took place, and like everyone else had hoped for the best, but there was so much useful information and insights provided on this forum- it's been helpful in a lot of ways.

In terms of the timeline and the fact that he didn't bury EF, I find myself wondering what he would have been doing throughout the 3 ish hour timeframe from abducting EF to showing up at his brother's if she had went in those 4 moments directly following the abduction. 4:30 to nearly 8am, I believe? Since CA didn't spend that time to go out into the woods etc. But then it kind of gets worse going down that path. Her poor family.
Ted Bundy hit his victims in the head, but he didn't kill them. They were temporarily knocked out. I don't think the suspect would go to so much trouble to be a necrophiliac.

Please add info ... when did he get off work?
When did he steal the wallet (stealing $900)

4:00 AM went for her usual run, usual route
4:20 AM approached by unknown person near 3879 Central Avenue
6:45 AM cyclist discovers suspect's footwear on road
6:45 AM Liza's phone and water bottle found in front of house near footwear
7:00 AM husband reported his wife missing from his home
7:45 AM university police and husband report Liza missing, police at location

1662433162382.png

It's 10:45 PM here on the East Coast, so I guess 9:45 in Memphis? I've been waiting, as have we all, to see if a confirmation will be made tonight about this being Eliza.

I'm guessing at this time we won't hear anything further tonight.

<modsnip: Do not discuss rumors

There are two little boys that in a few years will realize that whatever variation they'll hear now about how "Mommy lives right here, in your hearts" is due to the fact that some lowlife who couldn't keep it together for five consecutive minutes is the reason Mommy is gone.

I wish Eliza's parents strength. They don't look like they can bear it. I wish strength for her brother. I wish strength and some future happiness for the husband down the road.

I wish for the boys that when they grow up, they'll have each found a way to take this pain and make good lives for themselves. Grow up to be two of the good guys.

Eliza, I hope your impact in 34 years was enough to make your time on Earth worthwhile.

Last edited:
I have noticed that several locals have joined Websleuths, while following this tragic case, and offered valuable input that only a "local" can share. With the apparent discovery of Eliza's body this evening, this phase of the investigation will be winding down soon, and once the legal part begins, it can, and probably will be, a slow and drawn out process. While many of you will probably wish to stick around to follow this case, you might also consider perusing the other forums and lend your insights to other cases here as well. Sadly, while Eliza was a beautiful, unique soul, her story isn't unique. There will always be others here, the missing, and the murdered, on these pages, crying out for justice to be served. I hope that you will stick around and join us. You would have a hard time finding a more caring group of people. JMO

Last edited:
Does anyone recall if they had been searching this same area on the days leading up? Or was this area just searched today? Part of me thinks they searched this area but maybe never searched inside the houses?
I think in the last two days police returned to this area ... first, after learning that he washed his clothes at his brother's home around 7:50 AM.

Tennessee has it, but it usually takes 25 to 30 years. However, death row in Tennessee is a very unpleasant place to spend the rest of your life because it's solitary confinement in a small cell.

DavidEarlMiller: Died by electric chair on Dec. 6, 2018, for the murder of LeeStandifer, 23, in 1981.

Last words: "Beats being on death row."

David started drinking when he was in the womb, they say.

'A simmering rage': David Earl Miller's path to Tennessee's electric chair

If CA is guilty, may swift punishment be served. May Eliza's spirit live vibrantly in her beautiful two boys and the girls she taught in Kindergarten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth