Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging Near University of Memphis #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
ugh ya'll.. watched the very quick hearing. They couldn't change the bond to NO BOND because the State never filed new charges in writing yet, and it is considered hearsay. So they have to quickly put a motion in for new charges.

Hearing just ended.

Clarification on name - apparently it's Henderson, and I couldn't understand the explanation.

Appointment of an attorney - a young looking <modsnip> female.

Motion by defense to lower bond, motion by prosecution to declare "no bond", judge advised both motions will have to be in writing to be considered.

Will meet again tomorrow on new charges of murder, as they weren't officially entered yet into the court.

Live stream ended with the court appointed attorney approaching Henderson and having a discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:
What was the attorney from the PDO requesting at the end?

Thank you. I didn't realize there would be a representative in the courtroom from the public defender's office.
Yeah in criminal cases most counties have someone there immediately so once they get assigned, the defendant has an attorney present right away. Helps prevent claims that the accused wasn't allowed to have counsel.

I definitely know that my calling is not to be a defense attorney. I had things go through my mind while watching him seem so nonchalant after killing a human being. Nope. Not for me. Bless those who can keep your emotions out of something so important for the sake of protecting everyone’s right to a fair trial. So, did I hear correctly that there would be another hearing in the morning?

I understood that he will be referred to as Abston. Still confused about the Henderson, I couldn't hear what the perp was saying.
Also, looks like the female that stepped is from the public defenders office? She prematurely asked for a gag order? Hard to hear with the mask on.

I understood that he will be referred to as Abston. Still confused about the Henderson, I couldn't hear what the perp was saying.
Also, looks like the female that stepped is from the public defenders office? She prematurely asked for a gag order? Hard to hear with the mask on.
Public defender asked for a gag order. Judge told her no because it wasn't in writing. Same thing he told the State about the bond cancellation.

Judge also questioned the need for a gag order at this point since the new charges haven't even been filed. But he basically left it saying unless it's in writing, I'm not ruling.

So will they go for the death penalty? I see it is legal in TN. Assuming all the evidence lines up I can't think of a more perfect use of the death penalty. I don't see why he deserves to live.
I’m not sure they can give him the death penalty if he confesses right now. Executions are on hold. Maybe for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288