Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging - Memphis #4 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just came out of a meeting and am now reading that her body was found in the dumpster? Is that true?

Eliza Fletcher kidnapping suspect appears in Memphis court after cops find the 32-year-old's body in a dumpster near elementary school: Chilling clue emerges linking heiress' murder to suspect's first kidnap in 2000

Last edited:
Hopefully he will plead guilty and spare her family and the court from having a trial.
Unfortunately, I doubt he will. Just as he repeated his previous crime of kidnapping, having learned nothing from his 20 years behind bars… I seriously doubt “he going to sign his name to a guilty plea…”
I will be interested to hear his answer to charges, is that tomorrow?

Right?!
Eliza did nothing wrong and I cannot handle the people shaming her for running at that time.
But it’s made me rethink things. I was going to go to the ATM last evening at 9:30 but had to go inside a physical bank, that was closed, to do so and decided not to. I used to always think - I should be able to do whatever, whenever, but we live among people who are opportunistic predators.
I, too, felt uneasy last night when returning home after dark. This has been a tough case to follow, and left its mark on many of us. We have also learned a lot about the need to practice safety at all times.

As a 5’1 female jogger, I’m at a disadvantage physically as soon as my feet hit the pavement. And also, there’s the element of being caught off guard. Carrying pepper spray and/or other weapons is great when you have time to react. It’s unfortunate women jogging alone have become prey to these sick predators. No one is safe anymore.
I admittedly used to roll my eyes at my husband when he voiced concerns about me jogging alone in the dark. I’d feistily respond with, “No one wants to kidnap a woman in her late 30s.” I see now, age means nothing. It’s all about opportunity for these sick predators.
Yes. I am not sure what to think any longer. There have been so many of these. The one that shook me up the most, was the teacher in Sydney, MT. If any place is "safe" it would be there. It is like "Mayberry".

I still run in the morning. My watch has a GPS tracker too.

Good points- I think this case was resolved in record time- lots of elements had to come together to make this happen including a very responsive police department-- they deserve to be commended- finding her body was no easy task.

I have to say this: I know everyone deserves a defense, but if it was up to me he would be put to death - there is no defense- he is seen on CCTV abducting her, and I am sure there is a trove of evidence that led the police to her body. Imagine cases like this occurring before CCTV and DNA--- so many cases never solved. I can't wait for the defense: let's see: there is the insanity defense, there is the "that's not me on CCTV"- there is the I was abused as a child defense---there is pointing fingers at the somebody else defense- I could go on. and you what else fries my socks? when they dress these killers in a suit for court- that should not be allowed: I am sure this never donned a suit in his miserable life, yet they will dress him up real nice for trial. Rant over!
I have to agree this person if u can call him a person, deserves nothing has been in jail for 20 years and a criminal since he was 12 yrs of age . A psychopath! Do not let another judge or jury allow this animal to live . He deserves to die and die soon without appeal after appeal .

Reportedly, CA was linked to the crime with his cell phone records and DNA left on a shoe (slide) in the street at the abduction site.

On Monday evening, EF's body was located at a grassy lot located along Victor St, 7.5 miles from where EF was abducted, and yards from the Longview Garden Apartments where detectives said CA was washing his clothes in his brother's sink and cleaned the inside of the subject, black SUV.

LE also removed a dumpster from this apartment location as they searched for more evidence.

ETA: AS REPORTED BY MEMPHIS TN'S WREG NEWS 3. I BELIEVE THIS LOCAL NEWS SOURCE SHOULD KNOW ABOVE ANYTHING BEING REPORTED BY DAILY MAIL INCLUDING THE BODY LOCATED INSIDE A DUMPSTER.

Last edited:
Since he served 20 years for the last kidnapping he committed that left a living victim, I think it's not a leap to assume he didn't intend on leaving a living victim to testify as he did in his previous abduction. I am sure there is evidence to support the premeditation. Besides, it only takes seconds to premeditate. There doesn't need to be a diagram or written plan per se. Seconds is enough time to conclude I now intend to make sure this victim is not alive to testify. I suspect he knew when he grabbed her he would be killing her rather than letting her live to tell so to speak.
I'm not sure he meant to leave a living a victim the first time. His first victim saw a security guard and yelled for help, had that not happened maybe his first victim would have been killed too.

Absolutely, with these violent sick monsters it's not even physical appearance that drives it. Look at the crimes against elderly with rape too. It's an easy target. Women, elderly, children. We can not understand their minds because we don't think like them. It's scary to even try to imagine how/why. For most life is precious and the thought of harming another is unthinkable unless our own lives are threatened and even then it might be hard for many to know they killed someone. For others, they have no thoughts about it after the fact. Just cold and zero compassion or empathy.
He hasn’t yet been charged with rape. And if he didn’t rape her why kill her? He was lying in wait for her. There’s more to come. IMO.

I just came out of a meeting and am now reading that her body was found in the dumpster? Is that true?
Nope. The dumpster was taken from the apartment location but EF was NOT found in the dumpster. Her body was found in a grassy lot along Victor St. -- 7.5 miles from where she was abducted.

Eta: per LOCAL WREG NEWS 3 -- and not Daily Mail.

Last edited:
He hasn’t yet been charged with rape. And if he didn’t rape her why kill her? He was lying in wait for her. There’s more to come. IMO.
I hate to even type this, but for many of these guys, the sexual gratification actually comes from the murder rather than the SA. Time and charges will tell, I guess. Maybe I'm just holding out hope she was spared that additional horror.

I think cause of death may answer that question. She may have fought like hell to not be put in the car, and it caused him to go a little too far on the front end. I don't think he expected it to be that hard or to go that far at first. But, you are right, there could be other charges to come. Autopsy/cause of death should still answer a lot.

@RebeccaB_TV

We asked authorities if there’s another open case involving #CleothaAbston, who was released two years ago on a separate kidnapping charge from 2000. They said the information will come in the coming days
@ABC24Memphis
#ElizaFletcher
9:31 AM · Sep 6, 2022

Would this be the credit card and identity theft or is there another case against Pookie?
No, this will be the murder charges which were not on today's docket. The hearing is set for 9 AM on Sept 7. (CA was arraigned today on the kidnapping and unrelated misdemeanors).

@TKG, That was a very dangerous robbery. I'm gratified to hear that you survived.

Unfortunately this woman did not survive. She was murdered at an ATM in Charlotte, North Carolina this past July. So far, the case has not been solved.

I could not find a thread on WS about this sad case. I'm thinking of starting one.
There's just so many lately, it's overwhelming...

I think cause of death may answer that question. She may have fought like hell to not be put in the car, and it caused him to go a little too far on the front end. I don't think he expected it to be that hard or to go that far at first.
I agree. I also think he may have thought she was a younger college student and therefore an easy pick. She looked very young and could easily have been mistaken for a college age while driving by her at o-dark-thirty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44