Found Deceased IN - Fiedwenya Fiefe Wandered Away From Her Plainfield Home

Last edited:
For whatever reason, Hendricks Ops 1 and 2 have been taken down recently. That's where the search is being broadcast on. The only option now is to go to the Public Safety and ISP district 52 channell, which makes listening difficult = a lot of traffic on that one.

Plainfield Police Dept. Updates

Bad news :-(

A body has been found :-(

My heart goes out to the family of this dear little girl :-(

Plainfield Police Department

eortnpsdSo3l23u53f4u20t211itucu149mm3039f9iiu3c5073ltl174fl6 ·

Despite the valiant efforts of our citizens, volunteers, police, fire, along with local and state agencies, the search for missing NeeGee has come to a devastating and heartbreaking end.
This evening a body of a child that matches the description of NeeGee was located in a body of water in the Legacy Farms subdivision. Exact confirmation as to the child's identity will be determined by the Hendricks County Coroner’s Office.
We ask that the public please keep Fiedwenya Fiefe‘s family in their thoughts and prayers and respect their privacy at this time.

Plainfield Police Department

edpnstoSrot22114u2m31350459ifgu004l1205chh0miac9l61utlm8232h ·

Despite the valiant efforts of our citizens, volunteers, police, fire, along with local and state agencies, the search for missing NeeGee has come to a devastating and heartbreaking end.
This evening a body of a child that matches the description of NeeGee was located in a body of water in the Legacy Farms subdivision. Exact confirmation as to the child's identity will be determined by the Hendricks County Coroner’s Office.
We ask that the public please keep Fiedwenya Fiefe‘s family in their thoughts and prayers and respect their privacy at this time.

So sad. The same story we have heard so many times before.

Those neighborhood ponds are so, so dangerous.
I'm always amazed at the ponds with no fencing around them. Morgan Johnson went into a pond right at Perry Rd in Plainfield and they didn't find him and his car for 2 years. It was in a very shallow pond with a deep mucky spot; they searched but just couldn't see it.

They sure tried hard for this little girl.

I'm always amazed at the ponds with no fencing around them. Morgan Johnson went into a pond right at Perry Rd in Plainfield and they didn't find him and his car for 2 years. It was in a very shallow pond with a deep mucky spot; they searched but just couldn't see it.

They sure tried hard for this little girl.
In the county where I live the issue of unfenced ponds has come up time and time again. But people think that barriers around ponds spoil the view.

Often homeowners pay a premium for lots that back up to a neighborhood pond.

Shorty after I moved here a woman and her three daughters drowned in a neighborhood pond when their van skidded on ice and slid into the pond. The mom had called 911 herself while her van was sinking. The first rescuers on the scene jumped into the water without any gear, wearing only sweats, but were unable to save them.

This particular neighborhood pond was very close to the road, near an intersection with a four way stop.

After this tragedy I was certain that ponds would be required to have barriers but no.

I think of them every time I drive by that pond.

So sad, the conclusion here. Autism and attraction to water are a richly studied connection.

Are retention ponds themselves dangerous? No, in the sense that it’s more dangerous to not have them and to instead flood out residential neighborhoods.

Would fences help? Probably not. Wanderers, autistic or not, are creative. Fences would help in the sense that border walls would help, which is to say, they are futile.

Also: Enormous credit to the Plainfield Police in this case, who responded in incredible force, organized volunteers well, welcomed scuba, communicated compassionately and truly were their sister’s keeper, a little tiny sister of a different culture who was profoundly disabled and supervised in a way that would have been easy to theoretically thrash at. They responded in a way that I hope we can collectively find rather spiritual, whatever our individual beliefs and faiths are. They were their sister’s keeper this week.

In the county where I live the issue of unfenced ponds has come up time and time again. But people think that barriers around ponds spoil the view.

Often homeowners pay a premium for lots that back up to a neighborhood pond.

Shorty after I moved here a woman and her three daughters drowned in a neighborhood pond when their van skidded on ice and slid into the pond. The mom had called 911 herself while her van was sinking. The first rescuers on the scene jumped into the water without any gear, wearing only sweats, but were unable to save them.

This particular neighborhood pond was very close to the road, near an intersection with a four way stop.

After this tragedy I was certain that ponds would be required to have barriers but no.

I think of them every time I drive by that pond.
These ponds look to be part of the landscaping and I can somewhat understand not wanting fencing. You can not fence every small body of water at some point there has to be accountability. Not saying that in this situation. Some developments hide theirs with berms and trees. They could at least fence the ones that are out of view and can be. We have a pool that has fencing but not far from that in a tree line is a retention pond with no barrier.

Oh God no...
How absolutely devastating for little Neegee's loved ones.
LE and this whole neighbourhood really did everything they could. The outpouring of community support I saw on fb was just incredible.
I'm sure the whole community is grieving tonight for this tiny soul

Rest in peace, NeeGee. :(

SBBM
The body of a child found in a Plainfield subdivision Friday was confirmed to be 4-year-old Fiedwenya Fiefe, who went missing Thursday, Hendricks County Coroner Rick Morphew told the IndyStar Monday. [snip] The autopsy has been performed and the coroner's office "will have no further information until the forensic pathologist finds cause and matter in the next 4 to 6 weeks," Morphew said in an email.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho
Back