Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging - Memphis #4 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
lottery tickets?
Do convenience stores sell gift cards?
Most gas stations have items for sale such as drinks, snacks, etc. Also alcohol and cigarettes.
Good possibilities.

In addition, some states such as mine (Texas) permit or tolerate quasi legal slot machines in gas stations and other businesses.

There is a limit to the number of machines (5-7?), but that number can go up fast when enforcement is lax and from owner creativity such as having separate entrances so machines say, 8 to 15 are technically in a separate location,

Players play "fun only"- yeah, right, and win token prizes such as the standard carny stuffed animals. But.... the prizes can evidently be sold back to the business at very inflated prices. Who ever knew that carny stuffed animals could be valuable collectors items? Other formats are said to give winnings in gas coupons- which the owner then buys for cash.

I wonder if TN permits "fun only" slot machines in gas stations and allows playing credits to be purchased by credit cards? If so, perhaps the perpetrator has a gambling habit?

Last edited:
The police affidavit released today indicates that cameras show CA turning onto the the street perpendicular to Victor street (ie Person street) minutes before 6am, following the ~4:30am abduction. CA then shows up at his brothers just before 8am, so 2 hours after arriving to where EF was found. The affidavit doesn't indicate when cameras recorded CA leaving the area.

Loser CA didn't seem to be driving around looking for places to toss evidence, so I'm wondering if he spent that time at Victor street w/ EF, or maybe CA got to the brother's home earlier than noticed by witnesses. Or maybe he literally went to McDonald's to get a snack, which is why LE was looking in that dumpster for evidence.

I guess I'm hoping to find that CA was with EF as little time as possible :(

I’m just now catching up after hearing the body confirmation.

This makes me so so sick. This poor angel

Someone was asking earlier what the wooden object was that police were putting dirt in. It looks like a sifter. Possibly to collect traces of remains or items of the victim?

Have we learned anything more about CA's June 2022 arrest?

I think we will hear about it in a few days (as reported in the media). I hope it was not a theft with a violent action on another person because if it was he should not have been walking the streets. That said, not having clarity on what he was arrested for is making me wonder. JMHO.

I've watched the court appearance video multiple times, and as the perp is walking through the door, he hikes up his pants. Or, he messes with the bottom hem of his shirt. Then, you can see his arms move freely.

Am I wrong? Did I see that wrong?

If I saw it right, why wasn't he cuffed and in shackles?
I wonder if he wasn't cuffed when he first walked into the courtroom because he had to raise his hand when the judge asked him to, and the several guards around him felt they could control him if needed. But maybe they cuffed him after the raising of his hand? I hope he was cuffed when the public defender attorney approached him closely to speak to him after the hearing.

Someone was asking earlier what the wooden object was that police were putting dirt in. It looks like a sifter. Possibly to collect traces of remains or items of the victim?
It was definitely a sifter. I am horrified at the thought that perhaps she was beaten so badly that they were sifting through the dirt, trying to recover bone fragments, but honestly, that is the first thing I can imagine. JMO

Last edited:
I think we will hear about it in a few days (as reported in the media). I hope it was not a violent assault on another person because if it was he should not have been walking the streets. That said, not having clarity on what he was arrested for is making me wonder. JMHO.

Apparently not a violent assault but a Class C felony.
  • Class C felony ($10,000 to $60,000): imprisonment between 3-15 years and maximum fine of $10,000

Is it just me? That doesn't look like an SUV to me. It looks like a car.
In the video, you see the black SUV drive past the parking stalls. Later, the defendant is seen walking along past the same car stalls and red canopy/tent where you can see the roof of the black SUV where he is stationary -- reportedly cleaning the interior.

He sits in the vehicle for a while and then goes to the trunk. It’s hard to see exactly what he is doing but he runs to his brother’s apartment unit shortly after.

A few minutes later, he comes back outside and spends more than an hour at the passenger side of the SUV.

According to court documents, a witness said Abston was in a strange mood and vigorously cleaned the interior of his car with carpet cleaner and washed his clothes in the house’s sink.

It was definitely a sifter. I am horrified at the thought that perhaps she was beaten so badly that they were sifting through the dirt, trying to recover bone fragments, but honestly, that is about all I can imagine. JMO

I would imagine that the heat and decomposition might have had a severe affect on her body. Also, out in the open, animals and/or birds may have been attracted to the body. Further, if there was any other evidence of him in the area (hair, skin, or fluids) sifting would allow them to collect those items. Sorry that this is so graphic.

We can only guess. But she may have fought so hard, that he felt the only solution (from his point of view) was to kill her, to put an end to her fighting for her life. Just speculation, of course. We'll have to wait for autopsy results to see if there was evidence of a SA.
I think he raped her, she was found without her Lulumelon shorts on (they were in a garbage bag 1/2 mile from her body).

It was definitely a sifter. I am horrified at the thought that perhaps she was beaten so badly that they were sifting through the dirt, trying to recover bone fragments, but honestly, that is about all I can imagine. JMO
I believe it is standard operating procedure in regards to processing the scene. It was used in Caylee Anthony's crime scene as they needed to sift for bones. The mesh screens can also sift out other things of evidentiary value, for example carpet fibers from the suspect's vehicle, placing the decedent in his car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151