Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging - Memphis #4 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
They dug down quite a ways. Perhaps to rule out he didn't bury a body there already? Or perhaps Eliza's body was partially buried? There's a video here.

*MOD WARNING - GRAPHIC*
Guessing, and just a guess, that they dug out soil to obtain samples for blood. If he killed her there, the soil would be full of her blood as she died there and her heart kept beating until she passed away. If he killed her elsewhere, the heart stops pumping so a body could be placed elsewhere and no or little blood may leak out.

Last edited by a moderator:
If he learned of his name change from SS, maybe his name change is due to someone in his family requesting it? I’d totally understand a family member legally disowning him. Is that possible?
He was a minor when he first went in, which means his parents could have requested it. In some states, if a juvenile is incarcerated, the parents have to pay for the incarceration. Kind of like paying child support to the state. It's possible that his father was Abston or Henderson but when challenging the requirement of paying the fees it was determined that Abston/ Henderson was not his father. Perhaps his mom then updated his name with the courts. Pure speculation but it is possible. ETA: This is the first post I've been able to make since last night. Every thought and feeling that I've had about this case since last night has been a violation of TOS. So I didn't post. I'm glad I can contribute meaningfully again. I'm still incredibly angry for Eliza. But I can control my thumbs and respect the rules.

For those who don't know how PDO's usually work, while he was assigned one today it's almost always not the same one that represents you at trial.

As soon as any defendant fills out the needed paperwork that shows they are indignant and cannot afford an attorney of their own, the judge must assign them someone from the PDO. Failure to do so would be a major violation of a core Miranda right.

The PDO office usually has representatives in the courtroom or nearby in criminal cases so as to adhere to that right. The one that he was assigned today is likely just there for now to advise him on court procedural matters and so he can't claim later he wasn't afforded an attorney. If I recall, many PDO's have a similar structure to normal law firms in they have clerks, associates and trial lawyers.

From here on out, he has the right to be professionally advised on any court proceedings so while it's unlikely the woman who talked to him today after the hearing will defend him at trial, she is making sure that he understands all procedural matters before him leading up to that.

It's also possible - unlikely but possible - that a private law firm will take up his case pro bono or at a reduced rate. Law firms do this sometimes in high profile cases as essentially publicity builders. Chad & Jennifer Freese did something similar to defend Mollie Tibbett's killer because he in no way could pay for their services.

In the end it's highly unlikely to matter because from what we've even seen there is a mountain of physical and video evidence that places him at the scene of the crime at the same time as Eliza and his DNA at the scene and presumably on her body. That will leave any attorney - regardless of skill or competence level - with very few options to have him avoid anything but the max sentence and at this point, when the case is so strong, that's what you typically are shooting for as a defense lawyer.

Acquittal and/or 'walking free' is not an option. It's not going to happen. Zero chance of this. He will spend an incredibly long time in prison - if not the rest of his life.
What does indigenous imply in this case? How long does he have to live in TN to be considered indigenous?

Important: what if he stayed in prison in another state, but was released and moved back to TN? Does he lose indigenous status?

How did he know that house was there and was abandoned? I would not be surprised at all if he has done this before to other women and just didn’t get caught.
Purely speculation of course but, awareness space. In criminology it's the familiar perimeter suspects use in their every day lives. Home, work, family, friends, etc. In this case, his brother's place (where he went immediately after to clean the vehicle) was literally just around the corner. In earlier articles witnesses were quoted as saying he hung around there quite a bit (the brother's place) so it makes sense he'd be familiar with the surrounding streets.

jmo

Are we still missing info on what happened in the hour or so after Eliza’s abduction, before he disposed of the body and cleaned the car?

What does indigenous imply in this case? How long does he have to live in TN to be considered indigenous?

Important: what if he stayed in prison in another state, but was released and moved back to TN? Does he lose indigenous status?
Indigenous=native to a place. The word you're looking for is indigent (poor). Just wanted to clear this up for other folks!

The word was supposed to be indigent. Meaning poor, broke, cant afford a lawyer.

The word used by the poster was "indignant", ie someone not willing to cooperate.

Good possibilities.

In addition, some states such as mine (Texas) permit or tolerate quasi legal slot machines in gas stations and other businesses.

There is a limit to the number of machines (5-7?), but that number can go up fast when enforcement is lax and from owner creativity such as having separate entrances so machines say, 8 to 15 are technically in a separate location,

Players play "fun only"- yeah, right, and win token prizes such as the standard carny stuffed animals. But.... the prizes can evidently be sold back to the business at very inflated prices. Who ever knew that carny stuffed animals could be valuable collectors items? Other formats are said to give winnings in gas coupons- which the owner then buys for cash.

I wonder if TN permits "fun only" slot machines in gas stations and allows playing credits to be purchased by credit cards? If so, perhaps the perpetrator has a gambling habit?
I am not sure on if TN allows slot machines in gas stations. I can say we drove to Nashville, TN (from OK) for vacation this year. None of the gas stations we stopped at had slot machines.

Edited typo

Last edited:

i'm not sure where you're getting the word "indigenous", but in the post you quoted, i'm fairly certain that "indignant" is supposed to be "indigent"...maybe a spellcheck change that the poster did not catch before posting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa