ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Charles Vallow, 62, Oct 2019 *Arrests* #66

Status
Not open for further replies.

Investigators said the alleged victim told Ryan after the incident that she was not okay with what he had done.

"The Victim said the Defendant said he was sorry and started to cry," the documents read. "The Victim went into her bedroom and locked the door while the defendant slept on the couch."
Another victim of Lori.

So sad. I hope his wife (probably soon to be ex wife) is able to recover from this and raise her baby in a healthy, happy environment. Enough is enough and it's time to break this cycle of tragedy and violence.

If Colby Ryan was scheduled to testify against his mother, I guess prosecution need to find someone else. Colby just ruined his credibility. I can’t help feeling bad for Colby. Even his last name isn’t real. Lori let him take Joe Ryan’s last name but that’s not who his dad was. Wow. She is so evil!

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

... MM was a lawyer involved in the case when filing his typo-laden motions thus not having to face semi-colon call-out by the judge. However, unsealing documents so we might understand Prior's motions to remove members of the prosecution team is important - particularly to the victims' family. If the victims' family members have another way to obtain this info and they feel solid in the abilities of the prosecution then that would be even better. Do they have anyone who will help them in this matter <modsnip>? And, I prefer retired attorney LH over MM in court... all day every day.

Last edited by a moderator:
I must have missed something somewhere. What is LH implying is being covered up by the judge?

If you ever listen to Scott Reisch podcasts on YouTube, he is in complete agreement with what Lori H is doing. He makes a lot of sense. Basically, these are public documents and he wonders why the judge is sealing them and the appearance is that something is being hidden.

"I prefer Mark Means over her any day." If I were in Lori Vallow's shoes, I know I would pick LH over MM as my attorney a thousand times. Zeal isn't a substitute for competence. MM's further involvement could have easily led to a mistrial.

Scott Reisch fully agrees with LH's request for transparency and he quotes his own experience as a criminal lawyer. He is surprised that the defense isn't filing motions opposing sealings.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Colby Ryan was scheduled to testify against his mother, I guess prosecution need to find someone else. Colby just ruined his credibility. I can’t help feeling bad for Colby. Even his last name isn’t real. Lori let him take Joe Ryan’s last name but that’s not who his dad was. Wow. She is so evil!
I am both disappointed in him and I feel sorry for him and his wife.

CR is a fairly young man and he and his wife have been dealing with the intense emotional trauma of the past 2-3 years - including the turmoil when LVD decided to leave CV, the violent loss of CV (which must have looked suspicious to CR), the disappearance and eventually discovered loss of TR and JJ, the revelations about his own childhood and his relationship with his mother and her claims that Joe Ryan abused CR, and the estrangement from his mother who fully invested herself in a life without him and who was responsible for the loss of so many others to him.

Colby and his wife had a very young child of their own, which is plenty of work and change for most couples, all by itself. I can't imagine how much more difficult it must be to try to take care of one's family without all the rest heaped upon it.

I wish CR had found a trusted mentor/counselor (or several), both for himself and for his marriage and family given the enormous strains they were under. And I wish he'd have gained and maintained an awareness that he had to be careful to avoid making stupid mistakes that would injure others. He might have been capable of physical separation from his mother, but extricating her impact upon him is a job that will take years of hard work that begins with the recognition that (1) walking away from LVD is only the first of a great many steps on the road to recovery, and (2) it is a huge burden to be carried by a young wife with a baby, even if it is not your fault and you are both victims of your abuser.

My hope is that through these charges, he will somehow be directed toward that help and will stick with it all the way through to recovery so he can serve as a good father to his child, whether he remains husband to his wife or not.

I wonder how Kay & Larry Woodcock feel about all of this (LH motions/denials).
In one of the recent videos on the HTC channel (approved here), LH stated that the Woodcocks asked her why the motions to disqualify the prosecutors and related hearings have been kept away from the public. I guess LH's motions are in their interest as well.

In one of the recent videos on the HTC channel (approved here), LH stated that the Woodcocks asked her why the motions to disqualify the prosecutors and related hearings have been kept away from the public. I guess LH's motions are in their interest as well.

I think so, too. The Woodcocks must be disappointed by repeated denial of the motions. I worry about them throughout this "justice" process... and hope they feel they are treated with fairness and respect by all the parties involved. jmo

Last edited:
I am both disappointed in him and I feel sorry for him and his wife.

CR is a fairly young man and he and his wife have been dealing with the intense emotional trauma of the past 2-3 years - including the turmoil when LVD decided to leave CV, the violent loss of CV (which must have looked suspicious to CR), the disappearance and eventually discovered loss of TR and JJ, the revelations about his own childhood and his relationship with his mother and her claims that Joe Ryan abused CR, and the estrangement from his mother who fully invested herself in a life without him and who was responsible for the loss of so many others to him.

Colby and his wife had a very young child of their own, which is plenty of work and change for most couples, all by itself. I can't imagine how much more difficult it must be to try to take care of one's family without all the rest heaped upon it.

I wish CR had found a trusted mentor/counselor (or several), both for himself and for his marriage and family given the enormous strains they were under. And I wish he'd have gained and maintained an awareness that he had to be careful to avoid making stupid mistakes that would injure others. He might have been capable of physical separation from his mother, but extricating her impact upon him is a job that will take years of hard work that begins with the recognition that (1) walking away from LVD is only the first of a great many steps on the road to recovery, and (2) it is a huge burden to be carried by a young wife with a baby, even if it is not your fault and you are both victims of your abuser.

My hope is that through these charges, he will somehow be directed toward that help and will stick with it all the way through to recovery so he can serve as a good father to his child, whether he remains husband to his wife or not.
Yes I agree with your sentiments. Maybe he bottled up all his aggression towards Lori and took it out on his wife. He had better get counseling. This will be with him for life.

Yes I agree with your sentiments. Maybe he bottled up all his aggression towards Lori and took it out on his wife. He had better get counseling. This will be with him for life.
I have heard all the excuses for rape and domestic violence since I first became a victims’ advocate in the 1970s. I always feel compassion for people stressed to the breaking point, but there is no forgiveness in my heart for those who express it violently. Counseling helps, but it doesn’t send the full message of social condemnation that I believe it should. JMO, of course. I understand there are others. :)

East Idaho News is joining with over two dozen local and national media outlets in opposing a motion from Lori Vallow Daybell's defense team to ban cameras from court proceedings.
Our attorney will be filing a legal brief in opposition this week and the issue will be discussed during a hearing on Sept. 15. Judge Boyce has authorized us to stream the hearing live. You can watch it at 9 a.m. on EastIdahoNews.com.
May be an image of outdoors

What doe she think the judge is covering up? Does anyone know?
See her newsletter here (you'll have to go down a ways to find where she discusses it - it is still not very specific so I guess we are all going to have to wait):

What's a Bill of Particulars? — The Lori Vallow Story

Here's a snip:

"After I submitted them the first time, I was contacted by several people who told me the sealed documents were a coverup. I can’t get into specifics, but based on that information, I believe the documents have nothing to do with Lori or Chad getting a fair trial and everything to do with professional misconduct. I also think one of those mysterious documents simply labeled “order” contains a secret and sealed gag order. The Idaho Supreme Court has a Media and Courts Conflict Resolution Panel, and I have submitted the issue to them. It may not be purely coincidental that the court finally accepted my motions today."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member