Queen Elizabeth II, longest-reigning British monarch, dead at 96

Status
Not open for further replies.
LONDON — Queen Elizabeth II, whose 70-year reign spanned wars, a pandemic, 13 presidents and the winding down of Britain’s vast empire, has died. Her eldest son, Charles, is now king.

“The queen died peacefully at Balmoral this afternoon,” the royal family said in a statement. “The king and the queen consort will remain at Balmoral this evening and will return to London tomorrow.”

The longest-serving British monarch was 96...

@BBCNews

Prince Charles is now with the Queen after she was placed under medical supervision The Duke of Cambridge is also on his way to join them in Balmoral

@LizzieITV

The Duke of York is travelling to Balmoral

https://twitter.com/LizzieITV
The Earl and Countess of Wessex are travelling to Balmoral, it's understood. The Princess Royal is already there, having undertaken engagements in Scotland this week.

@ellievhall

A Sussex spokesperson confirms that the Duke and Duchess are heading to Balmoral.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will be traveling to Scotland a spokesperson says

I wish they'd also use their names. I don't know who any of those titles belong to.

I wish they'd also use their names. I don't know who any of those titles belong to.
Duke of York - Andrew
Earl and Countess of Wessex - Edward and Sophie
Duke and Duchess of Sussex - Harry and Megan
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge (soon to be Prince and Princess of Wales)- William and Kate - apparently this is the gift or the reigning monarch so William and Kate are now automatically the Duke and Duchess of Cornwall.

ETA updates re William and Kate

Last edited:
Seeing her greet the new PM 2 days ago, I certainly didn't expect her death to follow so soon. Its made me feel genuinely sad
Yes, but she looked good in those pictures and I am glad that there was no prolonged suffering. She looked radiantly happy, and that is the way I want to remember her.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa