Queen Elizabeth II, longest-reigning British monarch, dead at 96

Status
Not open for further replies.
@scotgov

The queue at St Giles' has now closed. Please do not attempt to join the queue. Over 26,000 people have already had a chance to pay their last respects. We're doing everything we can to ensure that those currently queuing can do so before 3pm, when the Lying at Rest will end.

I was reading earlier that they expect 750,000 - 1,000,000 people to show their respect to the queen during the 4½ days that she lays in state at Westminster.

Each person would have less than one second by her coffin. And there may be a 12 (or more) hour wait in the queue - which has already started to form.

Each person has to pass through something similar to airport security.

I was reading earlier that they expect 750,000 - 1,000,000 people to show their respect to the queen during the 4½ days that she lays in state at Westminster.

Each person would have less than one second by her coffin. And there may be a 12 (or more) hour wait in the queue - which has already started to form.

Each person has to pass through something similar to airport security.

That's a logistical nightmare. Just the aid stations and paramedics on duty, the number must be astonishing.

After reading here and in print I found this image at link that shows how small the table is compared to the document he is signing. The tray he is pushing is extra pens that are in the way.

This moment to me, was very important to him.

He didn’t use the ink well, it appears he used a pilot fountain pen.

Jmo

All things considered I’ll not criticize that moment.

After reading here and in print I found this image at link that shows how small the table is compared to the document he is signing. The tray he is pushing is extra pens that are in the way.

Jmo

I think people need to get a life--- Good lord - what social media has become ---

LONDON — At 73, King Charles III is starting his dream job at an age most men are long retired and relaxing in a comfortable chair — not sitting on a throne.

But the new king has something many of his British subjects don’t have — namely the remarkable genes he inherited from his parents, gerontologists say.

King Charles has long-living genes," said Dr. June McKoy, a professor of medicine in geriatrics at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine. "Both parents lived a long time. That’s because they have long telomeres, protective caps at the end of a chromosome. Charles could live into his 90s, and the monarchs generally work until they die."...

Jmo

Especially considering it's Major Johnny Thompson of the Scot's Guard rearranging the inkpot. He was the Queens personal bodyguard and now the King's new equerry. He quite dashing and has a huge fan base due to his handsome good looks. ;)

1663088772787.png

1663089613951.png

Greeting Liz Truss at Buckingham Palace. (swoon)

Attachments

• 1663088745865.png
    1663088745865.png
    329.5 KB · Views: 6
Especially considering it's Major Johnny Thompson of the Scot's Guard rearranging the inkpot. He was the Queens personal bodyguard and now the King's new equerry. He quite dashing and has a huge fan base due to his handsome good looks. ;)

View attachment 366005

View attachment 366008

Greeting Liz Truss at Buckingham Palace. (swoon)

He also has a fan base here at WS! :D To be 50 years younger!! LOL!

I think people need to get a life--- Good lord - what social media has become ---
And the same lot reported that Charles next "made off with the pen" when in-fact the pen was earlier reported as a gift from his sons, William and Harry!

However, I can see where the ideas for the memes of the King relegated to the child's table came from given the size of the official document to the size of the table.

Well, that did me in-- I am crying again!

Oh look at that!' One is very amused after Mike Tindall reveals a miniature top hat he's hidden inside his own to The Queen and Sophie Wessex at Royal Ascot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53