MISTRIAL AZ - Isabel Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012, found deceased in 2017* *Arrest* #27

From now on - only murder cases....

Wednesday, June 15th:
*Motions Hearing (@ 9am PT) – AZ – Isabel Mercedes Celis (6) (April 21, 2012, Tucson, found Mar. 3, 2017, Id’ed Mar. 31, 2017) & Maribel Victoria Gonzales (13) (June 4, 2014, Tucson, found June 6, 2014, id’ed June 20, 2014) – *Christopher Matthew Clements (30 @ time of 1st crime/36/now 40) aka Damion James Johnson indicted (9/15/18) & arraigned & charged (9/24/18) with 2 counts of 1st degree murder, 2 counts of kidnapping a minor under 15 & 14 counts of sexual exploitation of minors. Plead not guilty. $2M cash only bond. DA will not seek DP.
*Christopher Matthew Clements (35/now 40) charged (4/6/17) & arraigned 2/23/18) with fraudulent schemes/artifices, 2 counts of 2nd degree burglary, 1 count of theft by controlling stolen property, 1 count of trafficking in stolen property. Found guilty & sentenced on 6/8/22 to 20 years for fraud, 15 years for 2nd degree burglary, 15 years for theft & 15 years for 2nd degree burglary. The sentences for the 2nd degree burglary counts are set to run concurrently with fraud & theft, meaning Clements may serve 35 years, minus time served.
Murder trial for Maribel set to begin on 7/28/22 with jury selection.
Murder trial for Isabel set to begin on 9/8/22 with jury selection.

Court hearings for Isabel Celis from 8/23/19 to 4/18/22 & Burglary/Theft Trial Days 1-11 (3/29 to 4/18/22) & 5/24/22 reference post #454 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...tucson-20-april-2012-arrest-27.464075/page-23
Court hearings for Maribel Gonzales from 8/23/19 to 4/18/22 & Trial Days 1-11 (3/29 to 4/18/22) for burglary/theft reference post #195 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...s-13-tucson-3-june-2014-arrest.251212/page-10

6/7/22 Update: Murder: Next motions hearing on 6/15/22.

@PayrollNerd - was wondering if there might be a next court hearing date for the murders? All I have next is Maribel's trial starts on 7/28.

TIA! :)

Clements will face a jury in Isabel’s death starting Thursday, Feb. 2, 2023. Jury selection will last at least two days and that trial could run through Friday, March 3.

Christopher Clements
CR20183978

I couldn't get either of these links to work which makes me think their online court record system is down. Maybe later this week it up be updated. But the article posted above does have some dates listed.

Snip
There was a review hearing in Pima County on Tuesday, July 19, and the judge confirmed the new dates for both trials.

Clements will face a jury in Maribel’s death starting Thursday, Sept. 8. Jury selection could last at two days and the trial is scheduled to run through Friday, Sept. 30.

Clements will face a jury in Isabel’s death starting Thursday, Feb. 2, 2023. Jury selection will last at least two days and that trial could run through Friday, March 3.

Christopher Clements
CR20183978

I couldn't get either of these links to work which makes me think their online court record system is down. Maybe later this week it up be updated. But the article posted above does have some dates listed.

Snip
There was a review hearing in Pima County on Tuesday, July 19, and the judge confirmed the new dates for both trials.

Clements will face a jury in Maribel’s death starting Thursday, Sept. 8. Jury selection could last at two days and the trial is scheduled to run through Friday, Sept. 30.

Thanks! I shall wait for the times of the trials & maybe they will have his next court hearing date also.

Just an FYI for those that are interested looks like there will be live audio of the trial. Pima County Superior Court

Look for criminal/civil hearings. Search for Clements. It will link you to a YT feed. AUDIO only. Nothing so far, but it doesn't start for a few more minutes,

Update: And it is up. I can hear people in the background

Last edited:
Link to "Disappeared in the Desert" by KOLD News: Episodes 1-8

OMG----I read the title of the article and thought his trial was delayed. once again....thank goodness they re refer ng to the previous 4 delays, and now it is supposedly on track.

Since this monster led LE to the bodies , it will be interesting to see how the defense tries to spin that.

Just an FYI for those that are interested looks like there will be live audio of the trial. Pima County Superior Court

Look for criminal/civil hearings. Search for Clements. It will link you to a YT feed. AUDIO only. Nothing so far, but it doesn't start for a few more minutes,

Update: And it is up. I can hear people in the background

****Finally***** this has been a long time coming. I moved away from Tucson in 2002, but this cases always still haunts me. Listening now....

Link to "Disappeared in the Desert" by KOLD News: Episodes 1-8

OMG----I read the title of the article and thought his trial was delayed. once again....thank goodness they re refer ng to the previous 4 delays, and now it is supposedly on track.

Since this monster led LE to the bodies , it will be interesting to see how the defense tries to spin that.

Just an FYI - you all SHOULD be posting on this link:

This is Maribel's murder trial going on - not Isabel's yet...

A judge also will hear testimony Nov. 14 for a possible change of venue for Clements’ other murder trial, scheduled for Feb. 2 involving the death of 6-year-old Isabel Celis.

Also from the article.

Christopher Clements was convicted Sept. 30 of first-degree murder and kidnapping in the death of 13-year-old Maribel Gonzalez.

He was scheduled to be sentenced Wednesday in Pima County Superior Court, but the date has been moved to Nov. 14.

Court officials also said Clements’ attorneys have filed a motion for a new trial and a motion for judgment of acquittal not withstanding the verdict.

A Nov. 7 hearing is set for both motions.

A judge also will hear testimony Nov. 14 for a possible change of venue for Clements’ other murder trial, scheduled for Feb. 2 involving the death of 6-year-old Isabel Celis.

So he will have a motions hearing on 11/14 re Isabel's case & will also be sentenced on that same day for Maribel's murder. And a motions hearing for new trial (Maribel) on 11/7/22.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back