ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Charles Vallow, 62, Oct 2019 *Arrests* #66

Status
Not open for further replies.

One reviewer's main findings about the Netflix documentary:
  • The truth-tellers* aren’t adequately scrutinized.
  • Mainstream Latter-day Saints are properly differentiated from extreme “preppers.”
  • The child victims are unfortunately sidelined.
* They mean Colby, Lori's mom and Julie Rowe

• Mainstream Latter-day Saints are properly differentiated from extreme “preppers.”

I watched the first episode last night, didn't think much of it to be honest. Full of nothingness if that makes sense. Then this morning the penny dropped. They can't pack in a load of info as we haven't had the trial yet.

I might not bother watching the other 2 episodes.

Do you mean agree with keeping it from the public because they want cameras banned, or agree because they haven't objected to the sealings?

I don't think JP weighed in on the camera issue, but he may have done and I missed it.

We don't know if JP raised objection to the sealings because the hearings were closed to the public.

As far as JA is concerned, perhaps he hasn't been included in JP's sealed motion hearings.
I totally agree. Since so much was/is sealed we don’t know if Prior objected to keeping things sealed or fought for some of it to remain sealed for now. We do know that the Judge ordered things to remain sealed and also has denied Hellis’ Motions so far.

For whatever the reason, it seems like there are things they do not want public.

"It was like being in the pits of hell and you couldn't escape," Kay told The U.S. Sun of her agony in the weeks and months after JJ's disappearance.
"Because I woke up thinking about him, I went to sleep thinking about him, I thought about him all day long and I could hardly focus on anything else.
"I thought maybe they can shoot adults but she’s not going to kill her kids," said Kay.
"I was so convinced she had them in a commune in Utah somewhere, with one of those extreme fringe groups that she and Chad were a part of

Apparently Kay and Larry were notified of the search on the Daybell property at 6:45 (I guess an hour earlier on Idaho time) on June 9 2020 by the FBI. A prosecutor called them at 1pm with the news that the bodies had been found:

"We've found two bodies and we believe they're JJ and Tylee," Kay remembers the prosecutor telling her. "We still have to do a DNA test but we're pretty sure it's them."

More from the interview with Kay Woodcock at:
I feel so deeply sorry for Kay and Larry. Except for total strangers, they were the only ones who cared about Tylee and JJ.
Lori’s and Chad’s families were in denial and ignoring the hard truth and their friends didn’t care because they were a part of the cult.
Seriously, I would like to see their friends prosecuted as well.

I don't think JP weighed in on the camera issue, but he may have done and I missed it.

We don't know if JP raised objection to the sealings because the hearings were closed to the public.

As far as JA is concerned, perhaps he hasn't been included in JP's sealed motion hearings.

All of this makes the whole Mark Means debacle look like a mere comedy sketch.

Netflix, Lifetime, etc...it really doesn't matter. Garbage money grab and same for book authors (and not just this case). I refuse to support any of them.

By the way, didn't CR write a book?

All of this makes the whole Mark Means debacle look like a mere comedy sketch.
Half the time MM didn't know what he was doing, plus he was insinuating a conspiracy by the LDS Church, not to mention his alleged leaking of sensitive information. Current defense attorneys seem to be doing their job.

Netflix, Lifetime, etc...it really doesn't matter. Garbage money grab and same for book authors (and not just this case). I refuse to support any of them.

Yes, he did. Do you ever watch true crime documentaries? That's how I got interested in the topic in the first place. Judging by the reactions to the Netflix series on SM a lot of people were unaware of the details of this case.

I had no idea he wrote a book! Why on earth would he, especially at this time.

I also found it odd that Lori's mom only mentioned having 4 kids (Alex, Lori, Adam, and Summer) when talking about the family growing up. I could possibly understand not mentioning the daughter that died as an infant, but no mention was made of Stacey (Melani's mother) who was in her early-30's and living with her parents when she died some while after having lost custody of Melani.

In fact, Lori's mom said Lori was the second oldest after Alex, which was not true. Stacey was older.

I also found it odd that Lori's mom only mentioned having 4 kids (Alex, Lori, Adam, and Summer) when talking about the family growing up. I could possibly understand not mentioning the daughter that died as an infant, but no mention was made of Stacey (Melani's mother) who was in her early-30's and living with her parents when she died some while after having lost custody of Melani.

In fact, Lori's mom said Lori was the second oldest after Alex, which was not true. Stacey was older.
Lori may have gotten her fascination with lying from her mother. How do you not claim all six children? That family produced two murderers if you count Alex. Wow.

I know other women* who only mention their living children when asked questions like this. It's almost a superstition, like associating the living kids with death is asking for trouble or something. It's very odd and I don't understand it.

*Men may also, I just don't have any data on that point.

I feel so deeply sorry for Kay and Larry. Except for total strangers, they were the only ones who cared about Tylee and JJ.
Lori’s and Chad’s families were in denial and ignoring the hard truth and their friends didn’t care because they were a part of the cult.
Seriously, I would like to see their friends prosecuted as well.
Well, not the only ones - Colby was also very concerned about Tylee and JJ, to give him due credit. But I do agree that more family and friends should have been caring, concerned and suspicious when the children disappeared. Though of course the moving of Lori and the kids to a different state really muddied the waters. Which was probably the intention.

Well, not the only ones - Colby was also very concerned about Tylee and JJ, to give him due credit. But I do agree that more family and friends should have been caring, concerned and suspicious when the children disappeared. Though of course the moving of Lori and the kids to a different state really muddied the waters. Which was probably the intention.
If I remember, Adam was also concerned. He’s Lori’s brother right, who is disconnected from his crazy family? And yes I forgot Colby.
But I guess it was Kay and Larry who really pushed the right buttons all the way from Louisiana! As for all the other friends and family, they would still be lying for Lori and Chad!

I know other women* who only mention their living children when asked questions like this. It's almost a superstition, like associating the living kids with death is asking for trouble or something. It's very odd and I don't understand it.

*Men may also, I just don't have any data on that point.
My daughter and her husband lost an infant, their first child to a genetic syndrome. They openly discuss her when talking with family, however, not with acquaintances. My daughter is a Nicu nurse practitioner and will discuss it with patients and their partners experiencing loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong