Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher, 34, Abducted While Jogging, Memphis, 2022 *arrest* #5

Can someone tell me how I can get into the Memphis/Shelby County court docket? I tried last night and didn’t find the correct site. I know there was supposed to be a hearing this morning but it may have been postponed. I have looked all over online and in groups and can’t find reference to it anywhere. Thank you kindly.

Can someone tell me how I can get into the Memphis/Shelby County court docket? I tried last night and didn’t find the correct site. I know there was supposed to be a hearing this morning but it may have been postponed. I have looked all over online and in groups and can’t find reference to it anywhere. Thank you kindly.

It was supposed to be at 9 this morning, but it was continued to the 28th at 9 am.

You need to make an account here

Last edited by a moderator:

Franklin said she met Abston-Henderson on the dating app Plenty of Fish and agreed to meet him in person in Sept. 2021.

She claimed that as soon as she entered his apartment, Abston-Henderson pressed a gun to her neck, then covered her head with a T-shirt her and raped her, before taking off with with a wad of her cash.

Because of the paywall, we can't read what she has to say, other than the headline that she is blaming the police for inaction with her case.
She said she met him on a dating app, they met face to face, he put a gun to her head and blindfolded her and raped her. They were supposed to meet at a restaurant but he claimed he only had a doughnut tire on his vehicle and could not drive so she met him at the apartment complex he was arrested at. He also stole some cash from her and touched some items in her purse. She thinks it was an empty apartment she was attacked in.
She moved to Mississippi because of the trauma.
The police did not take fingerprints from the items touched in her purse or provide an update picture to her as requested after a photo lineup was done and she couldn’t identify him. She had his phone number though! As well his profile had been pulled from the dating site at that point. She called for updates and was told to be mindful that the sexual assault kits takes awhile to be processed and she was very upset about the lack of concern.

Last edited:
She said she met him on a dating app, they met face to face, he put a gun to her head and blindfolded her and raped her. They were supposed to meet at a restaurant but he claimed he only had a doughnut tire on his vehicle and could not drive so she met him at the apartment complex he was arrested at. He also stole some cash from her and touched some items in her purse. She thinks it was an empty apartment she was attacked in.
She moved to Mississippi because of the trauma.
The police did not take fingerprints from the items touched in her purse or provide an update picture to her as requested after a photo lineup was done and she couldn’t identify him. She had his phone number though! As well his profile had been pulled from the dating site at that point. She called for updates and was told to be mindful that the sexual assault kits takes awhile to be processed and she was very upset about the lack of concern.
This is so awful!!!

More at the link:

"Alicia Franklin, 22, spoke out in an interview published in the Daily Memphian on Monday, volunteering to be publicly identified, and said: 'I feel that my story could help other women.'

While DNA evidence from Fletcher's abduction was tested within hours, the rape kit in Franklin's case sat on a shelf for months, and she says police failed to take basic steps such as gathering fingerprints after she was violently assaulted.

In September 2021, Franklin says she met a man she only knew as 'Cleo' through the online dating app Plenty Of Fish, and agreed to meet him in a large apartment complex in southeast Memphis.

His invitation had originally been to meet for dinner at Olive Garden, but when Franklin said her car was riding on a spare tire and she didn't want to drive that far, they agreed to meet at what he said was his apartment.

But when she arrived, she says Henderson held a gun to her neck and led her inside one of the apartments, which appeared to be empty and under renovation.

There, he blindfolded her with a T shirt and led her to a white Dodge Charger, where he assaulted her, and then took her back into the apartment. It was a terrifying ordeal that she did not expect to survive.

'I really thought he was going to shoot me in the back of my head,' she told the Daily Memphian.

'Can you please let me go? Please let me go,' she recalled pleading with her attacker.

After the assault, the attacker rummaged through her purse, touching her keys and cell phone, before stealing some cash and leaving her.

But Franklin says police failed to fingerprint her phone, and dropped the ball on a vital clue -- the address of the apartment where the attack occurred.

According to a police incident report, the apartment is located at 5783 Waterstone Oak Way, just doors away from where Henderson appears to live, and where he was arrested for Fletcher's murder a year later.

Franklin also says she gave police her assailant's phone number."

More at the link:

"Alicia Franklin, 22, spoke out in an interview published in the Daily Memphian on Monday, volunteering to be publicly identified, and said: 'I feel that my story could help other women.'

While DNA evidence from Fletcher's abduction was tested within hours, the rape kit in Franklin's case sat on a shelf for months, and she says police failed to take basic steps such as gathering fingerprints after she was violently assaulted.

In September 2021, Franklin says she met a man she only knew as 'Cleo' through the online dating app Plenty Of Fish, and agreed to meet him in a large apartment complex in southeast Memphis.

His invitation had originally been to meet for dinner at Olive Garden, but when Franklin said her car was riding on a spare tire and she didn't want to drive that far, they agreed to meet at what he said was his apartment.

But when she arrived, she says Henderson held a gun to her neck and led her inside one of the apartments, which appeared to be empty and under renovation.

There, he blindfolded her with a T shirt and led her to a white Dodge Charger, where he assaulted her, and then took her back into the apartment. It was a terrifying ordeal that she did not expect to survive.

'I really thought he was going to shoot me in the back of my head,' she told the Daily Memphian.

'Can you please let me go? Please let me go,' she recalled pleading with her attacker.

After the assault, the attacker rummaged through her purse, touching her keys and cell phone, before stealing some cash and leaving her.

But Franklin says police failed to fingerprint her phone, and dropped the ball on a vital clue -- the address of the apartment where the attack occurred.

According to a police incident report, the apartment is located at 5783 Waterstone Oak Way, just doors away from where Henderson appears to live, and where he was arrested for Fletcher's murder a year later.

Franklin also says she gave police her assailant's phone number."
This story is really shocking, very horrifying to learn that these police just toss violent rape cases into a back closet. Take a number, you are number 12,001 in line?!

Why did they lazily do a police lineup when she met him on social media and had all kinds of digital info?! All kinds of physical evidence, DNA fingerprints apartment complex, phone number, social media, on and on.

if they had poked around even the slightest bit to find out even the tiniest amount about what type of guy would violently attack a woman he does not know at gunpoint they would have discovered the monster capable of this.

A violent ex-con, who had been in jail for 20 years since he was a teenager. Who had never shown to be able to succeed at adult life in society.

Now within 10 months of freedom was showing that he had already given up on any commitment to living a quiet upstanding life. And not with some type of small petty lawbreaking. An explosion of terrifying ruthless armed predator violence.

If I was Eliza’s family, I would have a very hard time ever forgiving this situation.

Oh, get me the barf bucket: alleged killer's mom says " he is a good person" and she believes him if he says he didn't murder this woman--- I guess we know why he is what he is---

For those who can't read the interview with the 2021 survivor, it is embedded at this article at the Daily Mail:

Alicia Franklin has every right to be outraged. I'm outraged reading her story. As said in the article, the differences between the handling of the two cases are GLARING. I feel so badly for her.
Totally. She did everything right, even following up several times… she is very brave for sharing her story and I admire her for everything she’s done.

This doesn't have anything to do with what you're discussing now, but in my head I still have that video done of Eliza singing to her students and then calling Janie the dog to meet them at the end. I can't believe that such a vibrant and loving person is no more. RIP Eliza.

I'm outraged for Alicia Franklin and for all women who are ignored/not taken seriously after being raped.

Oh, get me the barf bucket: alleged killer's mom says " he is a good person" and she believes him if he says he didn't murder this woman--- I guess we know why he is what he is---

Enabling at its finest, IMO.

JMVHO.

Will this help the future???

Hagerty, Blackburn Introduce ‘Restoring Law and Order Act’​

September 20, 2022 Peter D'Abrosca
Marsha-Blackburn-Bill-Hagerty_840x480.jpg

Tennessee’s two U.S. senators have introduced legislation that would speed up the process of analyzing sexual assault kits after Memphis teacher Eliza Fletcher was abducted and killed by a habitual offender two weeks ago.
“United States Senators Bill Hagerty (R-TN) and Marsha Blackburn (R-TN) introduced the Restoring Law and Order Act in response to the violence plaguing communities across America,” according to a joint press release. “Compared to mid-2019, America’s largest cities have seen a 50% increase in homicides and a 36% increase in aggravated assaults. In Tennessee, Memphis has experienced a series of shockingly violent crimes.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back