Identified! MT - Human legs found in bag, in woods, Butte, June 2012 - Michael Wayne Canada

I agree. Where the sutures from a quadricep repair? Are they actually suture/anchors? That is a fairly rare injury, so more information would be great.I agree that they are suture anchors not absorbable sutures. Previous ACL repair?

I agree. Where the sutures from a quadricep repair? Are they actually suture/anchors? That is a fairly rare injury, so more information would be great.
I'm an OR nurse and agree with you that they are probably suture anchors not absorbable sutures. The description of where they were makes me think previous ACL repair.

Interesting to me because I suffered a similar injury and underwent a similar surgery. It was the tendons at the bottom of the fibrula that let loose rather than in my knee so I have a horizontal scar on the inside of my ankle and a long vertical scar along the outside of that leg where the rod was inserted, two screws at the top and two screws at the bottom that are palpable through my skin and still give me an alarming sensation if I kick them against something (the impact gets carried right into the bone). After the surgery, I wasn't even dismissed from the hospital for several days and the leg was in a cast for 8 weeks. They cut a little window to remove the staples and then taped it right back in. By the time I got it off the incisions were completely healed but it was about 30% smaller than the other leg and I wouldn't have wanted to hike on it or anything like that.

I doubt very much that this was a recent surgery Vic underwent. It's been decades now and my plate is still in there.

Simply going by the leg surgeries, i did find another missing person who seems to have something similar? Circumstances might not quite work and it is a bit out of the time frame, but it is a thought. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
I think it lines up pretty well. A little far but you never know. The surgical equipment is hard to get past. Here are some good photos. You can’t tell much about the injury though. Loren Wayne Harvey - California Missing Person Directory

I'd be hesitant about the tattoos but considering how they talk about the possibility of a scar rather than it being certain, my guess is that any tattoo would not exactly be visible at that point. Would it be worth submitting?

I'd be hesitant about the tattoos but considering how they talk about the possibility of a scar rather than it being certain, my guess is that any tattoo would not exactly be visible at that point. Would it be worth submitting?
I think so. No harm in doing so! IMO

I will send it in sometime tomorrow I think. I'd much prefer to email the people who have these cases but all I am coming across are phone numbers, so I will have to figure out the best way of doing this. I have not submitted anything before so I definitely do not know what would be the best here.

This is the easiest way I’ve found! Even though neither case has a Doe Network profile, you can still submit their NamUs profiles. I’ve done so in the past and they’ve never said it was not okay to do. Hope this helps!

Oops, thought I replied to you @Sarah7778

ETA: I just put “N/A” in the Doe Network fields. Something is required there.

I'm an OR nurse and agree with you that they are probably suture anchors not absorbable sutures. The description of where they were makes me think previous ACL repair.
That is my thought. I can't imagine UID be under 2 weeks post op or so.

This is the easiest way I’ve found! Even though neither case has a Doe Network profile, you can still submit their NamUs profiles. I’ve done so in the past and they’ve never said it was not okay to do. Hope this helps!

Oops, thought I replied to you @Sarah7778

ETA: I just put “N/A” in the Doe Network fields. Something is required there.
Thank you! I will send it in tomorrow when I have good time to make sure I have as much info in there as possible.

I submitted the match using DoeNetwork, there is a page for the UID linked earlier in this thread, just not for the MP as far as I could find. Now I'm waiting on the email it said would be sent after.

Another to try to find additional information on is Richard Earl Strong. He went missing after an argument with someone at a campground in Kentucky in early 2011, had a rod in his right leg (and right arm), height est 6'1-6'2, and was wearing jeans and brown boots at the time. It would take someone probably a good two days driving to get from there to Butte MT, but stranger things have happened with disposed remains... I have been trying to figure out if there is any information on how long before his disappearance he had his leg surgery but no luck yet.

Such a gross/creepy thought, but given @LucyOso observation's about jeans newly post op, I wonder if someone dressed the legs after they were removed?

Is it clarified anywhere if the jeans are a fully intact pair of jeans?
namus said remnants of blue jeans so not full jeans.

Another to try to find additional information on is Richard Earl Strong. He went missing after an argument with someone at a campground in Kentucky in early 2011, had a rod in his right leg (and right arm), height est 6'1-6'2, and was wearing jeans and brown boots at the time. It would take someone probably a good two days driving to get from there to Butte MT, but stranger things have happened with disposed remains... I have been trying to figure out if there is any information on how long before his disappearance he had his leg surgery but no luck yet.

He is on the exclusion list already!

I submitted the match using DoeNetwork, there is a page for the UID linked earlier in this thread, just not for the MP as far as I could find. Now I'm waiting on the email it said would be sent after.
I got the email. They said they don't see anything on the match being brought up before so they will bring it to the panel and will contact me if it is a positive match. so now its a lot of waiting an we'll see how it goes.

Another long distance drive, but Patrick Pfeiffer? He's shorter than the estimate but his Charley page says he has rod/screws/multiple scars on the right leg (some of that information was missing from Namus so I didn't see it right away).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress
Back