OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #72

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've seen this ME's drawing, maybe we will get to see the CGI from the FARO scan, that will show where the victims were and which shots hit.

Could someone tell me what *advertiser censored* means? A bad word is blocked out?
Yes...and other words having to do with child abuse or crimes against children. It pops up in discussions on the Delphi murders thread.

Yes. Nearly all shots were outside to inside. No shots inside to outside. One shot inside through the floor into the ground underneath the trailer. Yesterday BCI agent said it was a hollow point bullet that hadn't expanded, meaning it hadn't hit a human body. Those bullets are designed to blast open when they encounter something liquid like flesh, etc.

I believe he also stated the bullet could have hit a bone as another example of why it hadn't expanded? Am I recalling that correctly?

Yes. Nearly all shots were outside to inside. No shots inside to outside. One shot inside through the floor into the ground underneath the trailer. Yesterday BCI agent said it was a hollow point bullet that hadn't expanded, meaning it hadn't hit a human body. Those bullets are designed to blast open when they encounter something liquid like flesh, etc.

I believe he also stated the bullet could have hit a bone as another example of why it hadn't expanded? Am I recalling that correctly?
No, I don't recall that. Will check later.

GW4 is guilty of murder.

I will also go back and try to find that because I'm pretty sure he said the bullet would have had to hit something hard to not expand and he listed bone as one of those hard things. I could be wrong so I will double check!

All 5 directly to head would have been fatal. Shot under chin severed carotid, might have been saved, but not likely.

Chest wound. Stomach wound. Photos cleaned up.

Final wound #9. Wound through right forearm. Arm extensively shredded. Bone broken into multiple pieces. might not have been able to repair. Snowstorm effect - a lot of small fragments of the bullet left behind. Not able to determine distance on that injury. Greater than 3 feet.

Coudn't tell direction of the shot, there was too much damage.

This wound was from a high powered weapon. Different weapon than other gunshot wounds on Chris Sr.

Collected all projectiles recovered from Chris Sr.

Looking at bullet box for Chris Sr. bullet retrieved from lower back, upper back, left posterior scalp(piece of jacket), fragment also found behind left ear, pieces of lead from bullet that were on autopsy table, left head (furst bullet in back of head), second bullet from left back of head, etc

Last edited:
Direct of Dr Looman continued

CR sr

Back, bruise where bullet was found from GSW 6 under chin, photo to jury bullet recovered from hole, red polymer plug from bullet found in wound, bullets consistent with each other

pointing out surgery staples left behind

exit wound for No 5 recovered polymer plug the bullet exited,
6 under chin, shaved his chin to get better look,
wood fragments in forehead photos
something flew at his head at high velocity, wood broke off and stuck in his face

GSW 7 path through ribs, heart hit aorta, esophagus injured scratched thoracic vertebrae exited (this one would have been fatal if only this one was fired) loose contact, gun held close to chest, soot from gun was on clothes - recovered bullet left lower back

GSW 8 abdomen, near belly button, indeterminate, went in skin liver, intestines large and small, kidney ended up in back? eventually fatal if not instantaneous, if he had not received great medical care

GSW 1-5 lethal, 6 damaged carotid artery but would only have survived if immediate medical attention

GSW 9 right forearm, arm shredded, 2 bones broken, fractured in many pieces, indeterminate, direction/path across forearm, too much damage for analysis

photo of arm shown to jury, (continuing objection to photos by defense judge overruled them)

high powered rifle caused this one GSW9, other wounds caused by different type of gun,

showing recovered bullets to jury, some with red polymer on

Last edited:
Jmo from what I heard from evidence I feel they state has proven at least one shooter outside and one inside. They need to put the 3rd person at scene. I am sure the will but so far jmo
If the bullet that entered CRSR on the top of his head comes back as not a rifle shot AND not BW's gun. Did AC mention in opening who had what weapons...according to JW's proffer?

Last edited:
Is there any significance in the colors of bullet trajectory lines?

Good question. They didn't go into any detail about that, IIRC. I wondered the same at that time.

We have to be patient, I'm having a hard time doing that.

CR Sr had caffeine in his system. Only substance he had in his system. No drugs.

Well that answers the question about his tox exam

If the bullet that entered CRSR on the top of his head comes back as not a rifle shot AND not BW's gun. Did AC mention in opening who had what weapons...according to HW's proffer?

JW claims, per AC, GW4 had trouble sighting the SKS with a fuel filter suppressor and JW took the SKS away from GW4. (sorry don't believe him)

Trajectory evidence shows all outside shots from the same area, near the mower between there and the porch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam