LA - LSU student, Allison Rice, shot to death in car while waiting at RR Crossing, Baton Rouge

Some are saying that’s the train “slack”. But I’m not sure what that means. And I’m also not sure if this sound recording is from security footage or this bullet recording thing they have around the city to alert them to where gunshots are coming from…
I can’t remember the official name for the gunshot recording thing
shot spotter?

Father of LSU student fatally shot in car speaks out

Fox News - Sep 19, 2022

This video of the family causes this heart to ache.

So, AR's father feels it was wrong time, wrong place. Is that bc they can't think of anyone who would want to hurt Allison? A complete review of any camera footage should tell police whether or not she was followed and from where, if so.

One thing that caught my attention in the reports is that she took bullets to her arm. Was that due to her being in a defensive posture with her arm placed to deflect the artillery? Seems like the shooter may heave been very close to her when he fired.

I hope he's caught swiftly. I detest him for what he's done to an innocent's life and to all who loved and cared for Allison Rice.

This just looks too targeted to have been random but we have been surprised before.
At first I thought it was random but now I'm starting to think targeted. Shooting her AND her memorial gets stolen? That seems like there may be someone out there with some sort of grievance/grudge.

At first I thought it was random but now I'm starting to think targeted. Shooting her AND her memorial gets stolen? That seems like there may be someone out there with some sort of grievance/grudge.

The memorial vandalism does seem random for some reason but the murder just seems intentional.

<modsnip - Not an approved source>

And a $10K reward from the Shed BBQ where she worked is being offered.

"Police said Tuesday afternoon that the killing appears to have been a random act of violence.

East Baton Rouge District Attorney Hillar Moore said federal agencies like the ATF, FBI and DEA are assisting the investigation."

Restaurant offering $10K reward for arrest in LSU student's killing

Last edited by a moderator:
Horrific and becoming all too typical.

Any video that is found will probably show indistinct figures in hoodies.

I hope the perps are found but don't like the chances.

Caught a link to the cross from People

Cross Placed at Memorial of Slain LSU Student Allison Rice Is Stolen, Still No Arrest in Shooting

It has Allison's photo inside the center of the cross. Would the killer return for a "trophy"? I don't understand why this cross was stolen. Was someone angry because she'd rebuffed them?

I think the shooter was close enough for AR to see who was shooting her. Now, her memorial cross with her photo in the center has disappeared.

Screenshot 2022-09-21 1.50.51 AM.png

Evidently, the cross placed a bit lower, without a photo of Allison, was left behind. So bizzare!

Screenshot 2022-09-21 1.56.58 AM.png

Was there any fresh minor damage to her car (other than the bullet holes of course)? Although the opportunism of the noise from the train is very suggestive of premeditation its possible that in making a u-turn she bumped into someone else's car who got road rage from it.
Was there another car on footage. I haven't followed this cas recently. Then its also possible a road rage incident occurred by another on Allison.

Maybe someone knows this perp and thought the reward was good to get. Maybe it was someone from the perp's own gang who turned him in for the money. Some gang initiation, for this perp. If it was a gang initiation. Like they say there is no honour among criminals or theives.
The “urgent manhunt” had me thinking that they had a suspect named.

A sleuther posted with an article that LE thinks it was random (so sad.) If it was targeted one would think the perp would be afraid being idenitified if it was someone in Allison's known circle of friends/acquaintances, plus how would the perp know where she was at that moment unless obviously she was followed from Jack In the Box. That would require a car and the perp would have to get out of their car to commit this horror. At Jack In the Box a person may be asked to take their hoodie off or I wonder if it would be so as at the front door stating that since the city has a lot of crime. However, if a person came in with a hoodie it would be hard to cover heir face completely because CCTV footage is good and it is well lit inside. Or even at the drive thru. Actually at the drive thru it is a closer visual of an individual. Maybe that drivethru isn't open late at night for safety reasons, IDK just speculating. But these things may factor in if it was random or targeted. From what I see so far IMO it seems random.

I don’t have the mainstream SM but I’m curious as to how public her presence was there. There’s so many possibilities from gang violence to road rage. I wonder how often these gang initiation random killings actually occur? Road rage happens in cities often I think but I’m not ruling out a stalker type situation.

I don’t have the mainstream SM but I’m curious as to how public her presence was there. There’s so many possibilities from gang violence to road rage. I wonder how often these gang initiation random killings actually occur? Road rage happens in cities often I think but I’m not ruling out a stalker type situation.
Her postings are private. Only her profile/cover photos are public.

A sleuther posted with an article that LE thinks it was random (so sad.) If it was targeted one would think the perp would be afraid being idenitified if it was someone in Allison's known circle of friends/acquaintances, plus how would the perp know where she was at that moment unless obviously she was followed from Jack In the Box. That would require a car and the perp would have to get out of their car to commit this horror. At Jack In the Box a person may be asked to take their hoodie off or I wonder if it would be so as at the front door stating that since the city has a lot of crime. However, if a person came in with a hoodie it would be hard to cover heir face completely because CCTV footage is good and it is well lit inside. Or even at the drive thru. Actually at the drive thru it is a closer visual of an individual. Maybe that drivethru isn't open late at night for safety reasons, IDK just speculating. But these things may factor in if it was random or targeted. From what I see so far IMO it seems random.

As a sleuther may be prone to do, I phoned the Jack in the Box in Baton Rouge.
The Foster Drive Jack in the Box's location's dining room closes at 8pm. Then, service becomes strictly drive thru only until 7am. Hence, no one was in the lobby or dining room area at the time when Allison drove through for her French fries just prior to being shot at 2:22am.

Screenshot 2022-09-21 12.50.54 PM.png

'So much ahead of her' - LSU student Allison Rice mourned

The third video found at the link above is interesting about the Mayor reaching out to crime victims and being seen in court supporting a 13yo teenage carjacker.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back