OR OR - Skeletal remains of male found near Mt Hood in Clackamas County on August 19, 1982 could have been dead for decades

MadMcGoo

Staff member
Reaction score

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) UP9109

shoe
shoe bottom
shoe label
belt buckle
back of belt buckle

Victim's shoe and belt

Date of Discovery: August 19, 1982
Location of Discovery: Clackamas County, Oregon
Estimated Date of Death: Possibly decades (per NamUs) 1977-1982 (per Doe Network)
State of Remains: Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only
Cause of Death: Unknown
Estimated Age: 20-50 years old
Race: Multiple; White / Caucasian, Uncertain
Height: 5'5" to 5'7"
Weight: Unknown
Hair Color: Blond according to DNA Phenotype report
Eye Color: Blue or green according to DNA Phenotype report

Dentals: Available.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: Available.

Clothing: Dark-colored windbreaker, black belt with a buckle, andL leather ankle-high dress shoe with "Seiberling" brand on the sole.
Additional Personal Items: Toothbrush, toothpaste, razor, and a black plastic comb.

Circumstances of Discovery: Sparse skeletal remains were discovered in Clackamas County near Mt. Hood in Oregon.
Notes: Due to research on the Seiberling boot brand and a comparison to the boots found with the decedent, it may be possible that the boots are from the 1930's or 1940's. The manufacturing of these particular boots with this brand name ended in 1965, suggesting this person had been deceased for possibly decades.

Investigating Agency: Multnomah County Medical Examiner's Office, Dr. Veronica Vance 971-673-8220 or 971-673-8300
Agency Case Number: ME: B11-030

Last edited:
What about Kenneth R. Martin?

Age and height a bit off, but based on dates missing (1958), he could have been wearing a pair of Seiberling boots.

The Martin family case is so complicated that I would say it could be possible, but I'd expect if this were Kenneth then these remains probably would not have had personal hygiene affects (toothpaste, toothbrush, razor...) found with them and I'd have expected a bullet, since the only hypothesis surrounding their case I can think of where Kenneth would be dead but not in the river after the car supposedly went over the cliff in The Dalles would be if the ex-cons shot him with the gun that was found (which police suspect was stolen by another Martin family member and then possibly stolen by the ex-cons - it was located covered in blood near the other car the ex-cons stole). They'd have had to have driven him all the way to Mt Hood and then back up to Hood River where they ditched the car and gun - Mt Hood is an hour south of Hood River, one way. Worth submitting to get it ruled out but I wouldn't really expect this to be him.

I would think since they are both in Namus that they've got to have already compared the UID against Peter Bancarz, but I'm not finding a whole lot of additional information on him or his case either so who knows. Went missing in 1966, same height, falls within the age estimate.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back