Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please could you provide a timestamp for me? I really don't want to have to watch the whole video. As it was stated as fact I would really appreciate hearing his exact words.
Timestamp is around 10:10. Doug states 10,000 man hours have been spent searching Prosser. Says he is confident in what has been done at Prosser, so that is why he is not starting there.

He NEVER says LE told them not to search Prosser. That is misinformation.

Timestamp is around 10:10. Doug states 10,000 man hours have been spent searching Prosser. Says he is confident in what has been done at Prosser, so that is why he is not starting there.

He NEVER says LE told them not to search Prosser. That is misinformation.

thanks so much for setting the facts straight especially for newbies on the thread:)

Please could you provide a timestamp for me? I really don't want to have to watch the whole video. As it was stated as fact I would really appreciate hearing his exact words.
I'm not the OP but I was curious and watched the video again. I also downloaded the transcript. There's no mention of any AWP member saying LE told them not to search Prosser.

Oops! Too late, @CharlestonGal beat me to it. :p

Argh, watching the video again after some time has passed made me cringe a little. Like RA Nick describing the sweatshirt that the girl was wearing as light gray and the video flashes the dark gray/charcoal Lana Del Ray hoodie. Huh? I didn't pay much attention last month but now I see some miscalculated connections in that video. MOO.

Last edited:
ADMIN NOTE:

A couple of things to keep in mind .

When members are referring to specific info within a video, it is common courtesy to provide an approximate timestamp within the video so that 20 or 30 other members (including Mods and Admins) aren't having to rummage around and watch an entire video to see what someone is talking about. Nobody has time for that.

Speaking of common courtesy, snarky comments and rudeness are violations of Websleuths. We try to keep this board as civilized and respectful as possible. If you can't post in accordance with our rules and policies, don't post.

LE saying they’d already searched the area is not the same as LE telling AWP that they were not allowed to search. Important distinction IMO.
LE saying they’d already searched the area is not the same as LE telling AWP that they were not allowed to search. Important distinction IMO.

You are right. Not the same as LE telling AWP Not
Allowed to search. Important distinction , yes. That is why I never said "LE told them Not to search", just that they, LE, HAD searched that area so it did not need to be searched.

I'm not the OP but I was curious and watched the video again. I also downloaded the transcript. There's no mention of any AWP member saying LE told them not to search Prosser.
From what I'm finding, they weren't told NOT search there, rather, that it was searched extensively by LE so they didn't need to. Good thing AWP didn't pay that any mind, eh? ;)

On Sunday, August 21, the duo decided to search Prosser Lake, despite the fact that the Sheriff’s Office said it had already searched the lake with sonar “extensively.”

And this one. But again, the wording isn't "Don't search there".

Josh Cantu, a spokesman for the diving group Adventures With Purpose, told the New York Post about the discovery on Sunday and said: “Police told us they did a rigorous search of this body of water. They gave us a grid map and made us confident we didn’t need to search here.

But with all that... the NYP isn't the most factual paper IMHO.

I will explain again obviously a roadside assistance company keeps logs for their work. Video footage would be possibly dashcam for driver's own safety so it may have captured what Nick saw in terms of Kiely/car the "guy" with her. The dashcam would have time stamp on it. Its possible the dashcam or oher camera to record license plate. Equipment to check registration so roadside assistance company can get paid. Nick the RA nor would his company just say something when they have to back up what transpired.
using that logic, the RA company would have the name of the people they gave assistance to, what with all their solid record keeping.

Just a refresher of Nick's interview.

AWP - So we just got out of Best Buy after picking up some supplies here in Reno, NV. We're on our way to work the Kiely Rodney case just down the street in Truckee, CA and Nick, a long time supporter fan of ours... appreciate you for coming up to us, possibly has some information in regards to the Kiely Rodney case, so why don't you explain a little bit about what what you may have run into.

Nick - So my name is Nick. I work at a emergency roadside assistance programme. I got a call up in Truckee, Boca, for a battery call, so pretty much that means the vehicle can't start. So I went en route up there, found the vehicle. At the time I didn't realise that this was a situation until later on but...

AWP - Let me stop you right there. You said you went to Boca?

Nick - Yes sir.

AWP - So, over near Boca lake?

Nick - Yes Sir.

AWP - So, not Prosser Lake? Prosser Creek Lake?

Nick - It's right by Prosser Creek.

AWP - Yeah, so just north? So you went to Boca?

Nick - At first when I went there I realised after my test that, you know, everything was working great on the vehicle. At that point in time I did notice that like, she was very hesitant and very sceptical on everything that was going on. She was asking me really weird questions, like in the sense of - 'how do you put on your seatbelt correctly?' and like...okay and she asked me to show her on how to connect it to like her actual belt. After that she was stating on how she was there all night and she can't get her vehicle started due to the fact that, now we both realised, it was in neutral. She was wearing a sweatshirt, so it looks like she has been there for quite a while.

AWP - What colour was the sweatshirt?

Nick - It was a grey sweatshirt.

AWP - Was it dark grey, or light grey?

Nick - It was light grey, yeah. Also, there was a guy there that was with her, at time being. He was wearing a black San Francisco flat top ball cap facing forwards, brown hair sticking out just a little bit on the sides. It was kinda like...they were both kinda at unease, is what it looked like for me, like as if either had like a crazy night or a crazy day...there's something going on, I couldn't know and at the time I didn't realise what was going on, but other than that he was.... I mean a thinner built guy is the best way I could put it, with a bro tank and it was white bro tank. He had some freckles on his face, maybe, or like...like maybe it's like acne or what not, but it was on both sides of his face. Oh and he was also a little bit like shorter than me, so I'm 6ft 3.

<modsnip: Linked source does not contain referenced image>

AWP - In hindsight, you're realising all of this. When do you think that this took place? Was it before? During the day? After she disappeared?

Nick - To be honest with you, it's either right after she disappeared or right before she disappeared, but it was around noon ish, like 11 o'clock in the morning when I got out to her. During that period of time....after the period, I told her that I was gonna leave and hope you have a great day. Vehicle - I told her to keep it running for a couple of hours to obviously make sure everything's working good on the vehicle, charging system wise. At that point in time, then I left and a week later is when I saw, at a coffee shop, that she was gone.

AWP - You saw this on a flyer or something?

Nick - Yeah, but then everything spiralled out of control and I got in contact with the detective and tried to do everything I could and..yeah... and then I saw you guys.

AWP - Now we know we probably have a tie to Boca, you know, which was already on my radar. Do you know who placed the call to your roadside company?

Nick - So I can't get details. Calls don't go through me, they go through...

AWP - Dispatch? So, you don't have...

AWP - So, when you were digitally dispatched, did you call them to say you were coming or you just showed up?

Nick - I did call and nothing went through, it went straight to voicemail.

AWP - Do you know if she had a phone on her at the time?

Nick - She did say that her phone was dead and so she used whatever died. Whoever this was, she used his phone. So that's how she did get in contact.

AWP - And what was...you mentioned like she was asking funny questions and acting weird.

Nick - Right and at the time I didn't realise, again, that's..

AWP - Yeah, yeah, I mean, being I... I've been in the towing industry my whole life, so you see a lot of crazy stuff, a lot of weird stuff and it's actually pretty normal, you know. So I can see why at the time it's just....just a normal call.

Nick - She kept on going over that like - 'How do you like, you know, how do you secure your seat belt, like, firmly and like do it correctly' and that's when I...

AWP - When she was asking this - was the guy that she was with right there too?

Nick - He was on the opposite side of the car.

AWP - So he could hear the conversation as well?

Nick - Every single time the guy would come over to us, she would go on to the other side and it was just like a back and forth, like a tag team, but say like one person would come over, she wouldn't stay near him and then they would go vice versa. Or if we were at the front of the car, going about the battery and talking about the battery, he was always on one side, she was on the other. They were never close to each other.

AWP - She was uncomfortable? Yeah, yeah, yeah that screams awkwardness and someone being uncomfortable and when in that the scenario - If he was there with her, he should have been right next to her. If not, if not. Dealing with you the entire time and not not not her. Did she seem high or intoxicated or...?

Nick - I thought that maybe she was either hungover or just had a really rough day. She looked distressed.

AWP - Can you show me on the map where you saw her?

Nick - Absolutely.

AWP - So we're here in Reno. Let's go down to Truckee, there's Prosser, there's Boca. Just drop a pin on the road, exactly where you saw her.

Nick - Boca, you come in...you follow this road down. I think that is a turnout right there Yeah this is it. And so, right there - how she was coming out this way.

AWP - So her front end was facing 84 from A94?

Nick - Yeah.

AWP - And did you leave before her? Or did she leave before you?

Nick - I left before her.

AWP - Was there anybody else around?

Nick - There was people far back here, yes, but not near her, no.

AWP - Did you notice anything in particular in her car at all? I mean...

Nick - I mean, besides perfume bottles and like...yeah actually there was a perfume bottle that was in the centre consul and that was all that I recall to be honest.

AWP - Did she have anything on her keys at all..?

Nick - I don't remember.

AWP - Did you say that you guys have cameras that could possibly get some sort of facial recognition on...

Nick - Yeah, so we do indeed. We have cameras facing front and rear of our vehicles as well as that we do have like audio, so we could pick up audio from inside and outside of the truck. So we did have that and I'm guaranteeing, I mean, my vehicles facing directly towards hers. So that's how I normally do it for my protection.

AWP - What's the window you're giving us, of when this happened?

Nick - Either Friday, Saturday or Sunday, I believe one of the...cos.... the weekends I usually cover Truckee. So, that Friday I also worked in Truckee. So, yeah.

AWP - If you were to make a bet on what day it was, what would you say?

Nick - I.....I mean when I was looking back under my GPS on my phone, where I've been.. I was there both on Saturday and Sunday, farther into Boca.

AWP - Everything you just heard unfolded right here where I'm standing. Talking about where Nick described him parking his service van when he pulled up to give the battery service to Kiely he parked his van right here, facing that direction. Her vehicle was parked right over here, facing A94. That way..
Jagger has longer hair sticking out from hat. There is a guy in one of the original videos at beginning of search for Kieley , with a black hat and shorter hair sticking out. I’ll look to get the time stamp and video I’m taking about

Last edited by a moderator:
Roadside Nick clarifies the female he saw was wearing a light grey sweatshirt.

AWP then shows the Lana Hoodie Kiely was known to be in possession of, which is clearly NOT light grey. If you look, there is a note across which identifies the image as a hoodie linked to Kiely.

I would interpret this as one of two things: the young woman Roadside Nick saw was NOT Kiely, based on the clear difference in color between the 2 hoodies. OR it was Kiely, and she was wearing a different hoodie when Roadside Nick saw her at Boca.

This is what I get if I enter "light grey hoodie" as an image search in Google. It is what I picture when I hear "light grey"Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 9.33.47 PM.png sweatshirt:

I will explain again obviously a roadside assistance company keeps logs for their work. Video footage would be possibly dashcam for driver's own safety so it may have captured what Nick saw in terms of Kiely/car the "guy" with her. The dashcam would have time stamp on it. Its possible the dashcam or oher camera to record license plate. Equipment to check registration so roadside assistance company can get paid. Nick the RA nor would his company just say something when they have to back up what transpired.
BBM- No, that's not how it works in the billions of cases of people lying regardless of their agenda. Go follow Alex Murdaugh and the person who tried to kill him while having a flat tire. Spoiler- he lied

Secondly, I don't think you can lump together the driver and his company. If a company needs to, they'll turn over information to authorities. It's not as though they're going to release that info to the driver as well.

In addition, even if he works for someone like AAA, he's more than likely a contractor (as most of AAA have become) and regardless if he's a contractor or not, they're not feeding him the information from any encounters on any service calls. They have entire departments and legal teams to handle situations like this.

I'm not saying Nick or the RA people are lying, but to state they wouldn't say something that couldn't be backed up is insane. It literally happens all day, every day. I really dig AWP but watching Jared talk about how the car had to be in neutral because the tires were spinning blew my mind. Right there, told you he literally didn't know what he's talking about. Doug talks that their job is the "where" and their job isn't to determine the "why"...Well, they've inserted enough incorrect information that I hope they learn from it. They're young company with unlimited potential. They're going to make mistakes and they're going to learn and grow. I have total confidence they'll be a better group because of this case.

I was reading about homicidal drowning cases, because I’m intrigued now.

This news article from 2014 describes an accident which led to arrests of the adults who provided alcohol to underage kids. I wonder if we’ll see anything like this in KR’s case. I think someone mentioned it before, but you can trace beer and alcoholic beverages by codes.

Jagger has longer hair sticking out from hat. There is a guy in one of the original videos at beginning of search for Kieley , with a black hat and shorter hair sticking out. I’ll look to get the time stamp and video I’m taking about
Nate, one of 3 Nates.

I was reading about homicidal drowning cases, because I’m intrigued now.

This news article from 2014 describes an accident which led to arrests of the adults who provided alcohol to underage kids. I wonder if we’ll see anything like this in KR’s case. I think someone mentioned it before, but you can trace beer and alcoholic beverages by codes.
the code will lead you maybe to the store it was sold at. IMO of course there is going to be trouble about the alcohol. as there should be. This case will boil down to who sold or gave the alcohol to the minor who then accidentally drove into the lake and drowned. If a minor gave it to her, then the person who gave it to them and so on. IMO
possibly different levels of charges, and maybe some surprises.

BBM- No, that's not how it works in the billions of cases of people lying regardless of their agenda. Go follow Alex Murdaugh and the person who tried to kill him while having a flat tire. Spoiler- he lied

Secondly, I don't think you can lump together the driver and his company. If a company needs to, they'll turn over information to authorities. It's not as though they're going to release that info to the driver as well.

In addition, even if he works for someone like AAA, he's more than likely a contractor (as most of AAA have become) and regardless if he's a contractor or not, they're not feeding him the information from any encounters on any service calls. They have entire departments and legal teams to handle situations like this.

I'm not saying Nick or the RA people are lying, but to state they wouldn't say something that couldn't be backed up is insane. It literally happens all day, every day. I really dig AWP but watching Jared talk about how the car had to be in neutral because the tires were spinning blew my mind. Right there, told you he literally didn't know what he's talking about. Doug talks that their job is the "where" and their job isn't to determine the "why"...Well, they've inserted enough incorrect information that I hope they learn from it. They're young company with unlimited potential. They're going to make mistakes and they're going to learn and grow. I have total confidence they'll be a better group because of this case.
I'm going to disagree there is a potential to get sued by the victim's family. So a company might not want to go down that route of lying when it can't be backed up.

using that logic, the RA company would have the name of the people they gave assistance to, what with all their solid record keeping.
How do we know they don't. They aren't going to work on someone's car if the person cannot prove its their vehicle, that's how it works where I live. Whoever the female was with the car would probably have to show ID to prove its her car. Which I'm sure Kiely had when she left that day before the party so she had it with her if she needed it.

When has his company ever confirmed anything about his story? You keep saying they have. If you could please tell me where and provide a link that would be great. Thanks.
According to our sight Websleuths Nick is cosidere an eyewitness as has been posted earler to not trash him. I f one wants to go find what the moderator said feel free to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard