Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
On here 1O years and have never seen a case where LE is forthcoming. They will be interactive when they need something from the public, some are charismatic and so we might feel a connection, but they do not feel it. They only give to get back, it is definitely a one sided relationship. They will lead you on for info, but when they get it, they will not share it or even say where they got it. And really, why should they% The perp is always out there with the websleuths...maybe even on WS. chilling isnt it% Not talking about KR specifically. But we should not be let down when LE clams up.

Nick is a better underwater salvager than LE
LE is better criminal investigators than awp
Exactly.

Two key points here.

One, AWP are great sonar/divers and not expert investigators. And LE the opposite.

Two, LE is currently investigating and has zero obligation to inform the public or release any key information before they are ready. We are armchair sleuths, and LE are professional sleuths.

Think about the quantity of information that LE must have - we cannot imagine how much there is because we are not privy to it. Roadside Nick is probably a tiny fragment of a tip of an iceberg of possibly useful and possibly useless information. Imagine what’s under the surface.

IMO we are spending way too much time on roadside Nick. I’m not saying it’s meaningless but I’m saying it may pale in comparison to the massive quantity and likely quality of data that LE has.

Anyone remember last fall as we waited for months for updates from LE on Gerrish Chung?
We had a lot of wild goose chases online.
This wait while LE follows their processes and procedures is normal.

One week ago today, a NewsNation article posted stated that LE told NewsNation...

“We are not providing comments on (Adventures With Purpose) remarks. Our investigation is ongoing. We hope to release the final autopsy and toxicology reports soon — once they are finalized.”

The Nevada County Sheriff’s Office told NewsNation they hope to provide an update on the case next week.

So here we are exactly one week later, and today we get this...

The Nevada County Sheriff's Office is not providing any further information — including to dispel possible rumors — while the investigation into the death of Truckee teen Kiely Rodni is still open.

Nevada County Sheriff Shannan Moon has turned down requests for an interview, now a month since Kiely's body was found.

“With this still being an open case, we do not want to jeopardize the integrity of the case," said public information officer Andrew Trygg.

Someone, please tell me this isn't the "update on the case" that we have all waited a week to hear. JMO
Wow ! LE does not want to jeopardize the ongoing investigation.......think it may be a little late for that!

Posting what I feel are main points of the article, withholding any comment.

"As far as the young man by the name of Jagger is concerned, we never mentioned his name," Bishop told The U.S. Sun.

"And the hat that was referenced that I think everyone is trying to draw to him, there are millions of those hats that are sold.

"As an organization, we do not consider anything like that to be possible, he's not a suspect, and we never named him as a suspect whatsoever.

"Now, those conclusions are being drawn and it's unfortunate, but the FBI has completely ruled him out.

"The main thing that the public needs to understand is we have never named that young man, nor will we ever."

Bishop said they did their background work on "witness" Nick and still stand by him "100 percent" but admit there is a possibility Kiely may have been with someone else, or it wasn't her at all.

"As much as we deem the entire thing to be suspicious, it very well could just be an accident."

"It would far benefit us to be controversial, but that's not how we operate," he told The U.S. Sun.

Last edited:
Posting what I feel are main points of the article, withholding any comment, other than it seems they may not be as secure in parts of their story as they initially were. JMO

"As far as the young man by the name of Jagger is concerned, we never mentioned his name," Bishop told The U.S. Sun.

"And the hat that was referenced that I think everyone is trying to draw to him, there are millions of those hats that are sold.

"As an organization, we do not consider anything like that to be possible, he's not a suspect, and we never named him as a suspect whatsoever.

"Now, those conclusions are being drawn and it's unfortunate, but the FBI has completely ruled him out.

"The main thing that the public needs to understand is we have never named that young man, nor will we ever."

Bishop said they did their background work on "witness" Nick and still stand by him "100 percent" but admit there is a possibility Kiely may have been with someone else, or it wasn't her at all.

"As much as we deem the entire thing to be suspicious, it very well could just be an accident."

"It would far benefit us to be controversial, but that's not how we operate," he told The U.S. Sun.

Besides noting that the FBI completely ruled Jagger out, Doug has been saying these same things in YouTube interviews I’ve watched.

"Kiely's family is supporting him, they do not think he was involved and he is even living with them at the moment.”

Wait, what? He’s living with them? In Truckee?
According to The Sun he is. I don't put a whole lot into their reporting (sorry, Sun lovers) so maybe he is, maybe he isn't. I'm just not taking their word for it as 100% truth. :cool:

"Kiely's family is supporting him, they do not think he was involved and he is even living with them at the moment.”

Wait, what? He’s living with them? In Truckee?

Jagger, who dresses like most every other Truckee guy his age, has, IIRC, stayed with them since the Saturday he came back to help look for her. Maybe once the initial mourning ends, he'll go back to Nappa Valley?

Two, LE is currently investigating and has zero obligation to inform the public or release any key information before they are ready. We are armchair sleuths, and LE are professional sleuths.

Think about the quantity of information that LE must have - we cannot imagine how much there is because we are not privy to it. Roadside Nick is probably a tiny fragment of a tip of an iceberg of possibly useful and possibly useless information. Imagine what’s under the surface.

I don’t find this unusual. LE is not obligated to keep us informed in this way.

I, for one, am entirely grateful that LE anywhere is working on investigations, as they should be, and not divulging information which is not my right to know, simply because I, Arkay, am curious.

Many of us feel this way. Let the professionals handle this. We will know when we ought to know, if that time ever comes.

I also agree that Nick the RA is likely an infinitesimal part of their investigation. It blew up because of his interview with AWP. I still firmly believe that he isn't lying about seeing some couple, just that he was erroneous that it was Kiely. Of course his company has the data on the car and RA video, and LE has reviewed it. That we haven't received confirmation of a different last sighting of Kiely or her being alive after being reported missing is clarification enough for me.

Personally I'm done with the Nick RA aspect even though I know some here are not, unless and until LE gives concrete info based on what he alleges.

Jmo

Why did LE clear Jagger, but refuse to comment on RA Nick's encounter with 2 unnamed individuals? Why?
LE has publicly cleared potential suspects in other cases many times. IMO this is probably because he has received death threats. I think clearing a potential suspect and commenting on a tip are two different things.

Why did LE clear Jagger, but refuse to comment on RA Nick's encounter with 2 unnamed individuals? Why?
I could be wrong, but my guess is because...

1) Jagger, an innocent teen, and Jagger alone, was receiving threats. Additionally,

1) The two unnamed individuals have no connection at all to this case, so there is no need for LE to comment, or.
2) The two unnamed individuals may be connected to the case, and are still being investigated, or
3) LE is unaware of the alleged encounter with the two unnamed individuals. JMO

LE has publicly cleared potential suspects in other cases many times. IMO this is probably because he has received death threats. I think clearing a potential suspect and commenting on a tip are two different things.

Yes, this is it exactly! The RA Nick encounter is about a guy described as somebody who could be anyone of a number of Truckee male teens. This is what I'm trying to say - we the public don't know who they were, and just b/c the guy was wearing an SF cap and had typical Truckee teen guy hair, does not make him Jagger! LE hasn't publicly spoken about the tip, but b/c they cleared Jagger doesn't mean they aren't investigating the tip! They are 2 separate things!

Yes, this is it exactly! The RA Nick encounter is about a guy described as somebody who could be anyone of a number of Truckee male teens. This is what I'm trying to say - we the public don't know who they were, and just b/c the guy was wearing an SF cap and had typical Truckee teen guy hair, does not make him Jagger! LE hasn't publicly spoken about the tip, but b/c they cleared Jagger doesn't mean they aren't investigating the tip! They are 2 separate things!

Wouldn't that mean they feel other suspects may be involved, but they cleared Jagger, meaning Keily's death has someone else involved and is a suspicious death.
If the RA Nick encounter has no bearing on the case , shouldn't they say so as to stop all the speculation around it?

Wouldn't that mean they feel other suspects may be involved, but they cleared Jagger, meaning Keily's death has someone else involved and is a suspicious death.
If the RA Nick encounter has no bearing on the case , shouldn't they say so as to stop all the speculation around it?
LE isn't going to play that game because it will never be enough. It would then be "why did LE refute the RA Nick encounter but they haven't said anything the validity of the tarot card reading. The tarot card reading must be true!" Don't argue with crazy.

I don’t find this unusual. LE is not obligated to keep us informed in this way.
No, they're not, but they've been asked repeatedly. I would not expect them to comment on Roadside Nick off the cuff either. I simply find it interesting that they have not said anything even in a generic way. I also do not read anything into it.

Because they're not going to get in the game of commenting on every social media rumor. They probably felt they had to comment on Jagger because he was receiving threats.

LE isn't going to play that game because it will never be enough. It would then be "why did LE refute the RA Nick encounter but they haven't said anything the validity of the tarot card reading. The tarot card reading must be true!" Don't argue with crazy.

Why are you equating the RA Nick encounter with 2 unnamed individuals with SM rumors and tarot readings? He is a witness to a car with 2 people and we do not know if there is a connection to K's case or not. What are you implying with your comment about 'crazy'? That anybody who thinks the Nick tip is real (connected or not) is crazy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong