GUILTY CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, fake abduction Nov 2016, ARREST MAR 2022 #26

This is going to follow her for the rest of her life.

Jmo
For sure. Even if she gets divorced and changes her name back, a simple background check will uncover her identity. Plus she has a pretty distinct face IMO, which has been plastered all over the news thanks to her own stupid plan. I wonder, when she leaves prison, where she will go and what she will do for work. I always wonder that about Casey Anthony too - I hear that she’s often seen at bars partying, but how does she fund that? Who employs her?! I’m very curious what Sherri’s life after prison will be like.

For sure. Even if she gets divorced and changes her name back, a simple background check will uncover her identity. Plus she has a pretty distinct face IMO, which has been plastered all over the news thanks to her own stupid plan. I wonder, when she leaves prison, where she will go and what she will do for work. I always wonder that about Casey Anthony too - I hear that she’s often seen at bars partying, but how does she fund that? Who employs her?! I’m very curious what Sherri’s life after prison will be like.
Pat Mckenna must have devoted his life to her, he tried to get her a photography business then next thing you know it's a private investigation firm, both flopped so last time I drove by their house it had been sold and demolished, seems like the records showed it sold for 1 point something million, this is my guess how she is funding her life now

Just watched.

Cringy.

She's a shape shifter.

Her posturing... then the second she's alone with K, she stares him down -- then they have a whispered conference, where she assumes new posture and tone. IMO dominance.

I do think LE came down hard on K, only because it's hard to imagine he couldn't have known, been complicit, etc, but I see, after watching S for an hour how puppet mastering she is. Gas lighters are crazy makers. They get normal, logical people to question their own perception, it's awful.

S has probably gotten by her whole life by manipulating other people. Here, she says things like 'I love my husband" and "I would never leave my children" which IMO have no real value except as deflectors. (Never mind that what she did absolutely showed how little she cared for her marriage and family.) 'Don't talk to me like that." "I don't know." It's revolting how she uses those words to try to redirect --

My guess, this is the first time in S's life that her gaslightery didn't work.

I watched how quickly the waterworks stopped when the detectives left the room. She wasn't crying because she was sad or fearful (of K's reaction) or even that her lies were unraveling. IMO 100% she was using her tears for effect and control. I notice her feet. They barely moved. In an hour. She was IMO fully in control of herself, not a natural emotion there. She probably was recalling an injury from her past to summon the tears. She turned them on and off at will.

She may be tiny, but make no mistake, she's no small menace. The emotional damage she's inflicted -- black widow spidery.

IMO there's a word for people like her.

Exhausting.

JMO
and that is how she controlled him. 100% spot on @Megnut

I have such a specific feeling about him. Like he knew in his gut that something was wrong and that she was lying. But definitely wasn’t in on it.

I think he had conflicting emotions and motivations. There’s the sense that he’s played a part in her drama before, sort of supporting her nonsense and acting like whatever crazy thing she was claiming, was real, even though deep down he knew she was exaggerating if not outright lying. My guess is this was a pattern with them: Him being sucked into her drama and play acting in her behalf.

He probably knew something was fishy but he might have simply liked the benefit of the money. However, he probably was also very desperate for her story to be true because otherwise, it was a threat to his manhood (if he suspected she was with a man) and it revealed too much about the narcissistic lengths she would go to, despite how much pain it caused their kids and him.

So, he was constantly trying to prove her right, even though inside he probably knew she was lying.

I bet this isn’t making sense but I’m feeling it. Just some strange psychology going on.

For me, this explains how for some, he looked sort of like he was faking crocodile tears when he was interviews by the media and used performative language such as “her signature long blonde hair had been cut off.”

It could also explain why the authorities don’t seem to like him much. Like they felt he was desperate to prove Sherri was telling the truth. Or maybe that he just thought he needed to act like he wanted to “solve” the case, but inside, he knew this was all b.s.

I don’t know.
100% it makes sense to me. A weird, complicated, complex dynamic for sure. I can only hope for the best for him and those innocent kids.

Probably why the ex bf is not being charged;
When confronted by authorities, the ex-boyfriend allegedly admitted that he had helped Sherri "run away" because she had told him that her husband had abused her.

Sherri Papini's Husband Says He Was 'Traumatized by Her Disappearance' in Court Papers Seeking Custody

Eighteen Months in time, and restitution of $300k, and her husband had to find out in the worst way. Seems he was willing to stand by her, and her story, until the day they confronted her.

Sherri Papini sobbed when confronted with evidence of her kidnapping hoax

She could always dye her signature blonde hair and become just another brunette Barbie.

I am fortunate that I don't know S but unfortunately I have known her kind.

IMO her life, going forward, will be charmed chaos. People like S need drama and attention; if people grow weary of her, she'll do what they do and find a new audience. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Even her sorry apology was grandiose and self-adulating.

Sucktheliferightouttaya.

JMO

I am fortunate that I don't know S but unfortunately I have known her kind.

IMO her life, going forward, will be charmed chaos. People like S need drama and attention; if people grow weary of her, she'll do what they do and find a new audience. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Even her sorry apology was grandiose and self-adulating.

Sucktheliferightouttaya.

JMO
I agree. She’s very good looking and charming and will manipulate others going forward. She’ll be ok. Like Casey. IMO.

Thanks for posting this. I’m only a few minutes in and I’m already sad for KP. He seems so excited to be close to solving this, and just from the first few minutes alone I get the impression he’s fairly naive, or as someone upthread said, simple. My heart is breaking for him. And I am seething at SP.

What gives me pause is his body language. He keep excitedly jumping up but he has his arms tightly folded against his body. I think he knew it was bs. Wanted desperately to believe differently but he knew.
I have a terrible feeling she will commit suicide rather than go to prison. I hope my feeling is wrong.

That’s been my concern.
Nothing special here for SP. Feds have their own system and nobody sentenced is ever immediately surrendered to jail.

It's the same when a federal jury comes back with a guilty verdict -- the sentence by the court typically happens at a minimum, 3 months later. For example, Elizabeth Holmes was found guilty of four charges of fraud by a federal jury in late January and she wasn't scheduled for sentencing by the Court until Sept 26!

And the PA dentist, Larry Rudolph, recently convicted of shooting his wife, Bianca, while on Safari in Zambia, he too was found guilty by a federal jury and his sentencing is not until Feb 2023.

Fortunately, Larry Rudolph was never granted bail so he has to await sentencing sitting in jail. (This case was on 48 hours last Saturday).

She’s already been sentenced though! Why does it take over a month to begin serving her sentence?

I have such a specific feeling about him. Like he knew in his gut that something was wrong and that she was lying. But definitely wasn’t in on it.

I think he had conflicting emotions and motivations. There’s the sense that he’s played a part in her drama before, sort of supporting her nonsense and acting like whatever crazy thing she was claiming, was real, even though deep down he knew she was exaggerating if not outright lying. My guess is this was a pattern with them: Him being sucked into her drama and play acting in her behalf.

He probably knew something was fishy but he might have simply liked the benefit of the money. However, he probably was also very desperate for her story to be true because otherwise, it was a threat to his manhood (if he suspected she was with a man) and it revealed too much about the narcissistic lengths she would go to, despite how much pain it caused their kids and him.

So, he was constantly trying to prove her right, even though inside he probably knew she was lying.

I bet this isn’t making sense but I’m feeling it. Just some strange psychology going on.

For me, this explains how for some, he looked sort of like he was faking crocodile tears when he was interviews by the media and used performative language such as “her signature long blonde hair had been cut off.”

It could also explain why the authorities don’t seem to like him much. Like they felt he was desperate to prove Sherri was telling the truth. Or maybe that he just thought he needed to act like he wanted to “solve” the case, but inside, he knew this was all b.s.

I don’t know.
I do know what you mean.
I wonder if he had an exaggerated sense of loyalty, some people do. It can lead to enabling. Is that called codependent? Anyway I do have a strong sense of loyalty and it took me many years to understand how to set boundaries. Unfortunately his lack of setting boundaries with her caused chaos.
Speculative Fantasy Throwback Trial:

Sherri Papini begins to cry.
Juan Martinez: Were you crying when you lied for six years? Were you crying when you took thousands of dollars because of your lies? etc.

Last edited:
She’s already been sentenced though! Why does it take over a month to begin serving her sentence?

After sentencing, the feds will use the time between now and the "report date" to rule on collateral matters including the payment schedule for her monetary penalties associated with the sentence, and perhaps a recommendation for a particular institution!

Also, in the federal system, judges sentence a defendant “to the custody of the attorney general.” That means the person is being transferred from the judicial branch of government to the executive branch of government. The attorney general oversees the Bureau of Prisons, and the Bureau of Prisons has ultimate discretion on where a person serves the sentence. Although a defendant may request a specific institution, and the judge may recommend a specific institution, the Bureau of Prisons is not bound to follow the judge’s recommendation.

In other words, at SP's sentencing, they couldn't even tell us where she is going to report to. Somebody is still counting beds and deciding what security level.

The judge should have made her reporting date November 24th.
“Released” on Thanksgiving, incarcerated on Thanksgiving.
Careful what you ask for!

It would actually be no surprise if they extend her "report date" if prisons are refusing her. Federal prisons can be prima donnas and come up with reasons to reject somebody like SP -- not wanting another "high maintenance" inmate disrupting the mix! Naturally, this will be voiced in the context of rejection for "security" reasons. The last federal case I followed from Florida resulted in having to send the inmate to BOP Arizona. I'm not kidding when I say the feds operate differently. :)

ETA: I don't recall how involved KP was with the bond/bail conditions SP was initially released on but they are still in effect until she is in federal custody behind bars. Obviously, KP and the children can't put SP behind them -- she's still a nasty thorn in his side.

Last edited:
I would think (her still being free and being able read and watch the same stuff we all do) that Sheri would be aware that her police interrogation video has now been released and available for anyone to see.
I wonder how that's gotta feel.
....and the award for worst actress in a drama role goes to...

This video is 1 hour and 25 minutes. The one posted yesterday on Law and Crime and other networks (30 mins to 50 mins) is the second half of THIS longer video. This first part of the interview is incredible to watch and it mirrors exactly what the March 2022 affidavit described. Keith is nearly jumping for joy that they seem to have found the house she was "held captive" in. With each picture presented to both Keith and Sherri, she sees pieces of the rooms she stayed at whilst on vacation at her ex's house, but it's all just kinda too foggy and it looks kinda like what she remembers but in other ways, not really. "I guess it's just been so long." Remember, because she wouldn't talk to the police after she got home (because, remember, an officer wanted to "buy" her), Keith elicited details from her in the ensuing days, months, years. In this video, the FBI agent produces certain pictures with those exact details she had described to Keith privately, which he then brought to the authorities to help them find her captors. From the first photo she sees, she is fully aware that this is her ex's house, yet she is still putting on the act. She can't confirm anything she sees because then that means they know where she really was and she can't deny the similarities because it's the same room, same closet, same table, same window, same everything she told Keith all about. But imagine. Keith is watching this unfold thinking they finally found the bad guys. The pieces are coming together. The people who terrorized your wife and destroyed your world are about to pay. All you gotta do is just agree that these pictures look somewhat similar to what you told me, Sherri, and they'll be on their way to making an arrest. We're so close to getting our life back. Our sense of safety. Our future. We can put this behind us. We can breathe again.

And BAM.

OMG!

The contrast between Keith and Sherri tells all.
Keith is so, so excited that they found the place. He literally jumped up out of his seat. 'That's it! 'That's how you described it!'. He's like an excited puppy. He's thrilled that they are so close to finding her kidnappers.
And Sherri is like, 'well..., pause..... pause...I don't know. It's not quite the same.'.

This now convinces me that poor Keith was just a caring, very naive spouse. And then the brick hits.

ETA: but I also suspect that he had his suspicions but just stuffed them under the pillow to avoid conflict or avoid facing bad realities. He changed his reaction during the interview fairly quickly. And it didn't come across as devastation. I think his worst fears were confirmed.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrnkKrcher