FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #13 *1 guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what Wendi's life is like these days. Even though she has never been charged with anything (or at least, not yet) there is a lot of speculation about her on blogs and social media. Does she still get invited to social events? Are people side-eyeing her? Are they avoiding her? I read that CA's dental practice took a nosedive long before he was arrested, just because patients and potential patients heard the rumors about his involvement in Dan's murder. Those same rumors are being passed around about her as well. And how does she feel about the fact that her brother is in jail and will probably spend the rest of his life behind bars because he tried to "help" his little sister?

I heard somewhere that they just had a bar mitzvah for the younger boy (sigh..) and 200 people attended. So apparently the Adelsons still have a support system. How have they bamboozled that many people or do they just disregard the obvious?

Ya know, like most of you I've given this a lot of thought. And I've been leaning toward Charlie working a deal, but I've changed my mind for these reasons.

His life was deteriorating on the outside. It's not like he was living the high life of lobster and shoulder rubs like he once was. He was paranoid, friendless and had guns stationed all around his house and barely working plus fighting lawsuits on multiple fronts. He does not seem that connected to his child, so not much incentive there.

He talks to Donna a lot from jail. I can see her working her manipulative influence, knowing his buttons, to keep him from doing that for her own selfish reasons. I suspect by now she and Wendi have convinced themselves this was all Charlie's doing and without him, they would have never gone along with it.

I recently rewatched the last hearing video. The part where Georgia says something about his not being released as he could influence his family and there might be arrests there too, he gets this look of "no way" and shakes his head. It's about the most emotion I see of him during that hearing. Like he's in disbelief they could be arrested. That's the thing that flipped me over to think he won't cooperate. I'm sure Donna is telling him he has "the best attorney" and a "great chance to get out" doing her manipulative thing protecting herself (which I hope does not--there is enough on her without him imo).

Anyway, some of my thoughts.
Very interesting thoughts! Thank you for sharing!

Florida death-row prisoners had for more than forty years spent almost every day in 24-hour-a-day solitary confinement in concrete rooms the size of a parking space with no windows. They had severely limited access <> .

The settlement allows the prisoners to spend up to 20 hours a week in a day room, where they can meet with others, watch television, and have access to Department of Corrections multimedia kiosks. They will also have more access to phones to call loved ones, increased shower access, and will be granted six hours a week of outside activity — up from three hours — with a new sunshade. Prisoners who meet eligibility requirements determined by the Department of Corrections will also have access to institutional jobs.

Florida Becomes Latest State to End Permanent Death-Row Solitary Confinement After Settlement of Conditions Lawsuit

Prosecutors, once upon a time, held the Ace card in the deck by making plea deals that'd keep potential death row inmates out of solitary confinement but, times have changed, thereby, allowing DR inmates to socialize while imprisoned.

Ray Charles can see that this entire Hit For Hire operation springs from CA's sister, Wendi, with an i, who along with her family members wanted the Markel children with them in FL. Dan Markel died over child custody issues. Sounds similar to the JaredBridegan murder in Jacksonville.

Key coded words and symbols used by them flow to connect WA to the death of Dan's children's father. They've used TVs a lot and, until today, I did not know it was DA who called the TV repairman for WA's TV in Tally, short for Tallahassee. Stapled bills. Maybe stapled $100s, too.

Katie called LouisRivera, while he's in Tally the evening before the murder, and ordered him to remove the owl photo from his IG acct. Broken TVs and TV repairs, DA's $5000 TV replacement and the owl permeate in their comms, esp for WA. The owl's the mascot for WA's alma mater. Whhooo could forget WA wearing the owl on a shirt in the interrogation interview room at the police station?

A wise old owl sat in an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke. The less he spoke, the more he heard. Why can’t we be like that wise old bird? ~ Edward Hersey Richards

Owl Meaning and Symbolism: A Powerful Spirit Animal - Full Guide 2021

"unlike eagles, which are often used by humans as symbols of freedom, owls prefer calmer pursuits such as hunting small animals using stealthy techniques rather than attacking prey outright with forcefulness typical..."

We are apt to say to CA, what Aaron James Judge has done for the NY Yankees: Game over.

Re post as i wait for my reserved copy of Ms Markel's new book to arrive.
1663773446143.png
Dan Markel seen here at a Passover seder in Montreal. (Submitted photo).

July 22 2022 rbbm.

''House Bill 1116, unofficially called the Dan Markel act, was formally adopted on June 22, 2022.

Markel is convinced it was the pending ratification of the bill that prompted a surprise invitation in April from her former daughter-in-law, Wendi, to attend Benjamin’s coming bar mitzvah. After six years of no contact, the Markels hoped they could at least spend a little time alone with the boys, the day before the celebration, to get to know them again.

It was arranged they should fly down in April and spend the day.

“We saw the children. They’re not children anymore, they’re big boys. And it was amazing. And that was the best experience that we could have,” Markel said.

They could not have known that at the exact same time, on April 20, Florida police were arranging to arrest the boys’ uncle, Charles Adelson. He was picked up the next morning, and charged with the murder for hire plot, with the boys’ mother Wendi and their American grandmother, Donna Adelson, named as co-conspirators.''

''She also received advice during the trials from Abe Anhang, the father of slain Winnipeg real estate millionaire Adam Anhang. The Jewish man was killed in Puerto Rico in 2005 at the request of his ex-beauty queen wife, after a dinner to discuss their divorce. She was later convicted, along with her sister, and an ex-boyfriend, after an international police manhunt to Israel and Italy.''

''While American news outlets have been devoting gavel-to-gavel coverage of the Markel case, less attention has been paid to the story north of the border, Ruth Markel lamented.
She hopes the launch of her book will pique the interest in her home country, especially in Toronto, and in Montreal, where she was raised and worked for years with that city’s Jewish Family Services, now part of Ometz.''

I'm trying to rationalize why KM and SG have not ratted on the A's after all this time. Over the past several years I thought they were either getting bad, paid for, legal advice or just decided they would roll the dice on their trials. I've also contemplated that someone is financially taking care of their children in exchange for their silence, but it doesn't make sense to me that they would both trade their freedom for money for their children.

After SG's appeals, they could have jointly ratted on the A's and KM would probably be out on the street for time served, and SG could have possibly reduced his sentence to 20 years or at least moved into a posh prison.

So, are they being threatened? Perhaps, but I don't believe they are silent for their safety or the safety of their family members. I'm wondering if the A's have been blackmailing them for another crime one or both of them committed in addition to Dans murder. Hence, if they throw the A's under the bus, the A's will expose them for a secret crime that would just put KM back in prison and possibly put SG on death row. Has anyone contemplated this theory?

Last edited:
I'm trying to rationalize why KM and SG have not ratted on the A's after all this time. Over the past several years I thought they were either getting bad, paid for, legal advice or just decided they would roll the dice on their trials. I've also contemplated that someone is financially taking care of their children in exchange for their silence, but it doesn't make sense to me that they would both trade their freedom for money for their children.

After SG's appeals, they could have jointly ratted on the A's and KM would probably be out on the street for time served, and SG could have possibly reduced his sentence to 20 years or at least moved into a posh prison.

So, are they being threatened? Perhaps, but I don't believe they are silent for their safety or the safety of their family members. I'm wondering if the A's have been blackmailing them for another crime one or both of them committed in addition to Dans murder. Hence, if they throw the A's under the bus, the A's will expose them for a secret crime that would just put KM back in prison and possibly put SG on death row. Has anyone contemplated this theory?
That’s a very interesting theory!
It’s been so bizarre to me as well, especially KM with the retrial.

I've said it before: I think KM made a deal with CA for a large amount of money to be paid in trust for her children in exchange for her silence. I think SG has always done whatever KM asked of him-- and then add the children, and it's done, no looking back.

I don't think KM believed she would be convicted for felony murder after both SG and LR were convicted. She did not believe all twelve jurors would see her as the equivalent of the gunman. She was wrong, and I'm very glad she was wrong.

Unlike LR, SG was not a habitual offender. I don't think the A's have anything on this group including death row.

IMO, KM's first is money. I think she'd very much like to hold money over the heads of her own children. She's twisted. JMO

I've said it before: I think KM made a deal with CA for a large amount of money to be paid in trust for her children in exchange for her silence. I think SG has always done whatever KM asked of him-- and then add the children, and it's done, no looking back.

I don't think KM believed she would be convicted for felony murder after both SG and LR were convicted. She did not believe all twelve jurors would see her as the equivalent of the gunman. She was wrong, and I'm very glad she was wrong.

Unlike LR, SG was not a habitual offender. I don't think the A's have anything on this group including death row.

IMO, KM's first is money. I think she'd very much like to hold money over the heads of her own children. She's twisted. JMO
Yes, I think you’re right. She thought she would be acquitted at the last trial.

Yes, I think you’re right. She thought she would be acquitted at the last trial.
By her reaction at both the verdict and sentencing, combined with her cocky demeanor at her trial, I believe this 100%. Someone or someones convinced her she had an excellent shot at acquittal. But why? Since the odds were never in her favor.

By her reaction at both the verdict and sentencing, combined with her cocky demeanor at her trial, I believe this 100%. Someone or someones convinced her she had an excellent shot at acquittal. But why? Since the odds were never in her favor.
I think CA convinced her!! And we know she's more than a fool. ;)

It is being reported on YT that: UPDATE: CHARLIE’S COUNSEL WITHDRAWS MOTION 9/16 for access to discovery & longer visits.

Any guesses as to what that means?
Would hope it is a sign he is cooperating. Not having any law background, speculate it is possibly related to unintended consequences that he doesn’t like, such as sitting for depositions in his ongoing legal issues he has in other cases.

It is being reported on YT that: UPDATE: CHARLIE’S COUNSEL WITHDRAWS MOTION 9/16 for access to discovery & longer visits.

I don't know but I sure hope one of our lawyer members signs on to give some ideas.

Am I right in thinking that the only way CA would take a deal is: 1) to shorten his own sentence, which I don't see GC agreeing to; or 2) to lessen exposure for his parents and sister-princess?

But I don't see GC letting Donna, Harv & Princessa all just off the hook in exchange for Charlie's plea. Maybe it would be for probation. That would not be justice IMO. I would rather see GC go to trial and fight for prison time for Donna at least.

Hmmm.

Interesting!
I don’t know what it means but I really think he is the only one of the family that could flip… I mean he did this for his princess sister who has no consequences. He’s probably had a lot of time to sit and think about everything.
Yes he has many issues outside incarceration but I doubt he wants to spend the rest of his life in prison.

Maybe Charlie is having remorse too. One can hope… I hope someone in this saga does. I think being removed from the murder can make it so you feel less guilt. He’s been living in a fantasy world and the arrest and bail denial probably brought him back to reality.
He has some money so he’ll be ok in the future and he also has a brother that left the family. Maybe he realizes he can too.
It’s got to be brutal for him being locked up.
Maybe he’s thinking - why should I take the fall when I didn’t even ask for it?! And he should think that IMO! But maybe it was his idea as he seemed to enjoy the lifestyle of being on the edge of the law…

rbbm. Lengthy.
Sept 24, 2022 •
''Rivera didn’t know who was behind the murder plot but testified that Magbanua was “the woman in the middle doing everything.”

He also claimed to know the reason for the hit: “Because the lady wants her two kids back. She wants full custody of the kids.”

NAMED AS SUSPECT: Ex-wife Wendi was miserable in Tallahassee. Her mother Donna seemed to drive the hatred towards Dan Markel.
For Ruth Markel, the developments stirred in her guts. She had suspected that Wendi Adelson was involved in her son’s murder “from the start.”

Wendi has maintained her innocence and has so far not been charged, despite now officially being named a suspect.''

“We’re not used to a murder-for-hire in our family. The Unveiling is about what I’ve learned,” Ruth said. “We’ve had eight years of this. Hearings, appeals … it was a very hard experience, a disaster.”

Dan Markel, a man who urged his mother to “just take care of my kids” if anything should happen to him, would have celebrated his 50th birthday on Oct. 9.

“For all Dan’s achievements, I’m most proud of him as a father,” Ruth said.

Ruth Markel is not a neophyte writer, The Unveiling is her 10th book. She began recording her thoughts as her son’s murder case wound its way through law enforcement and the courts.

“It’s about the victim experience, but the case does have a lot of glamour and glitz. Expensive cars, boob jobs and murder,” she said.''

Recently, Ruth and her former husband Phil, visited their grandchildren for the first time in six, long years.

“It couldn’t have gone better, we asked if they could give us a hug and they ran right to us and hugged and kissed us,” Ruth said. “There was no awkwardness or discomfort at all. They remembered us.”

Attachments

• 1664048204598.png
    1664048204598.png
    347.5 KB · Views: 8
rbbm. Lengthy.
Sept 24, 2022 •
''Rivera didn’t know who was behind the murder plot but testified that Magbanua was “the woman in the middle doing everything.”

He also claimed to know the reason for the hit: “Because the lady wants her two kids back. She wants full custody of the kids.”

NAMED AS SUSPECT: Ex-wife Wendi was miserable in Tallahassee. Her mother Donna seemed to drive the hatred towards Dan Markel.
For Ruth Markel, the developments stirred in her guts. She had suspected that Wendi Adelson was involved in her son’s murder “from the start.”

Wendi has maintained her innocence and has so far not been charged, despite now officially being named a suspect.''

“We’re not used to a murder-for-hire in our family. The Unveiling is about what I’ve learned,” Ruth said. “We’ve had eight years of this. Hearings, appeals … it was a very hard experience, a disaster.”

Dan Markel, a man who urged his mother to “just take care of my kids” if anything should happen to him, would have celebrated his 50th birthday on Oct. 9.

“For all Dan’s achievements, I’m most proud of him as a father,” Ruth said.

Ruth Markel is not a neophyte writer, The Unveiling is her 10th book. She began recording her thoughts as her son’s murder case wound its way through law enforcement and the courts.

“It’s about the victim experience, but the case does have a lot of glamour and glitz. Expensive cars, boob jobs and murder,” she said.''

Recently, Ruth and her former husband Phil, visited their grandchildren for the first time in six, long years.

“It couldn’t have gone better, we asked if they could give us a hug and they ran right to us and hugged and kissed us,” Ruth said. “There was no awkwardness or discomfort at all. They remembered us.”
Thank you for this! I’m glad their visit went so well!!

I recall at the motions hearing that the judge stated something to the effect that the Court believed they could easily facilitate the provisions being challenged. IMO, I think the motion that's now been withdrawn was more about the defense getting on record than it was that there wasn't a workable, available solution to what the defense cited as a challenge.

For example, the defense complained that they had thousands of pages of discovery to share with CA but the jail was delaying the exchange because they were required to first copy the documents transmitted to CA and retain the originals. In the age of electronic transmission, I'm sure that the defense is simply printing their electronic record to send to the jail where the jail can certainly streamline making a copy of a copy.

At the time the defendant filed this motion, I was reminded of another defense motion I'd just read for an unrelated case where the defense wanted the inmate moved to another jail that was closer to the counsel's office because the defense attorney felt inconvenienced having to commute 2.5 hours to/from the jail to visit their client to prepare for trial. Here, the judge wasted no time asking the defense attorney to cite the statute or case law where it was the Court's responsibility to eliminate being inconvenienced. :p

ETA: Besides papering the record, especially for future appeal purposes, important to note that we've probably not seen the last of nonsense defense motions here where CA's defense team is also working daily to maintain their client PR. It becomes tiring to watch defense teams placate privileged clients as that retainer dwindles down. I'm sure CA was really impressed with his team harping on the jail conditions where staff don't work 24/7 to fulfill CA's personal defense needs. No inmate is as important as CA. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Maybe Charlie is having remorse too. One can hope… I hope someone in this saga does. I think being removed from the murder can make it so you feel less guilt. He’s been living in a fantasy world and the arrest and bail denial probably brought him back to reality.
He has some money so he’ll be ok in the future and he also has a brother that left the family. Maybe he realizes he can too.
It’s got to be brutal for him being locked up.
Maybe he’s thinking - why should I take the fall when I didn’t even ask for it?! And he should think that IMO! But maybe it was his idea as he seemed to enjoy the lifestyle of being on the edge of the law…

I mean how could he not feel, now, that he took all the risk, paid all the money, has lost his liberty for
God's sake, while his "trust fund baby" sister got everything she wanted.

I would love to be able to hear the recorded calls between he and Donna. I bet she's doing her best to work her magic to keep him from working a deal, playing on his weaknesses as she only knows them, to save herself and her baby. Unless, plot twist, she works a deal squealing on Wendi so she would get no prison time and get to raise those two boys as her own. Blech.

Such a twisted family, yet watching 3D chess at the same time.

So curious about this defense motion.

Interesting!
I don’t know what it means but I really think he is the only one of the family that could flip… I mean he did this for his princess sister who has no consequences. He’s probably had a lot of time to sit and think about everything.
Yes he has many issues outside incarceration but I doubt he wants to spend the rest of his life in prison.
Not to mention isolation. That part has to be absolutely debilitating a person like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member