TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very good insights about the garage sale Dedee, which provided easy access , minimum effort , an early timing and no trouble.Till today of course…

Well, I do think that the perp knew about the garage sale somehow , but biggest question bothering me is how she/he knew S would GO to work and Liz would be alone as well . Usually couples or at least two people are present at these sales so Sergio could well be at home with Liz and it would not be that convenient and logical to attemp to kill her when S was near . JMO of course .

So many neighbors called 911, I would love to know, which neighbors didn't call 911. I still wonder if there was someone in the neighborhood helping orchestrate this.
Hello, Centaurus,

For me that is the sixty-four-thousand-dollar question. IMO, I wonder the same.

Here are a few examples of criminal signatures:

• Level of injury to the victim, minimal or excessive.
  • Specific location or sequence to the criminal act.
  • Ejaculation, urination, and/or defecation at the crime scene.
  • Specific type of weapon used.
  • Personal items taken from victim.
  • Specific type of victim targeted that refers to age, race, occupation, or other physical characteristics.
  • Anything specifically left at the crime scene, such as a note or object.
An easy way to remember the difference is that a criminal’s MO refers to the way the crime is committed and the signature is what is beyond that it takes to commit the specific crime.

All of this info is in my opinion only!
  • The level of injury to (four shots) Liz was excessive.
  • Location: Victim's home on the driveway. For others to drive by and view?
  • Weapon used: Possibly a revolver was used in the murder of Liz, a defenseless innocent young lady.
  • Anything that was specifically left at the crime scene: <modsnip - rumors are not allowed>

Are these the killer's signature?

Also, as noted in the A.Stoner Youtube video there may have been short conversation between Liz and the killer before the coward brutally murdered Liz.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Weapon used: Possibly a revolver was used in the murder of Liz, a defenseless innocent young lady.
  • Anything that was specifically left at the crime scene: <modsnip>

Also, as noted in the A.Stoner Youtube video there may have been short conversation between Liz and the killer before the coward brutally murdered Liz.
  • If the level of injury was excessive, does this rule out a hit?

• Wow. Hadn't thought of that! By "others", do you mean the person who ordered the hit, to confirm the deed, if you think it was a hit? Or, by "others", do you mean anyone passing by, in order to demean her? Something else?

• Revolver? Hmmm. Could be that's what the shooter had, although it was obviously someone experienced in using a gun and such a person would likely have other/additional options. Or, used so no shell casings left at scene?

• <modsnip>

• Anything that was specifically left at the crime scene: <modsnip - rumor>

1: Actually, the level of injury was not excessive—it was barely adequate for the purposes of the killer. Liz survived to be Life Flighted to a hospital.

2: Location—maybe because that’s where she was?

3: Revolver? If used, I doubt that it says much except that it’s what the killer had. Also, meant that the killer didn’t have to abandon shell casings.

4. <modsnip - referring to modsnipped rumor in quoted post>

MOO

1: Actually, the level of injury was not excessive—it was barely adequate for the purposes of the killer. Liz survived to be Life Flighted to a hospital.

2: Location—maybe because that’s where she was?

3: Revolver? If used, I doubt that it says much except that it’s what the killer had. Also, meant that the killer didn’t have to abandon shell casings.

<modsnip>

MOO
Good point about the level of injury. This is difficult for me because I don't know that much about revolvers. The killer fired four shots, all of which hit her in target areas: Chest (and/or abdomen, not sure) and head.

Is the reason that she lived due to the fact that a revolver was used, or simply that, although the first three shots were to the torso, none pierced the heart/aorta?

Not sure if that makes sense, but I'm just wondering why it took four shots. Was it due to aim or gun type?

I'm sketchy on a few details, apologies if this has been brought up in previous threads:

1. Did the shooter hand Liz a note or not? Have heard conflicting info.

2. If the shooting happened less than 5 minutes after Sergio left for work, why did it take Sergio one hour and three minutes to return back to the home?

TIA

The odd thing about the note (if there is one, and IMO I do see him hand or show her something in the video - has it been confirmed there was a note?) is that it must not have been identifying to who the killer was or had any evidence on it that pointed toward him/her. But yet it was significant enough that he showed it/handed it to her before murdering her. That's very bizarre to me. What possibly could have been on it?

Regarding the "note", which could be a note, a cellphone, something else, or nothing, on AS's video he points out that the shooter extends his/her left arm, in what looks like the gesture of someone handing a person in front of them, a note.

Certainly everyone who views the video might not see the gesture or agree that it is any kind of gesture on the killer's part, but as I went through the video listening to Arrin's remarks, I certainly thought it looked exactly like someone, using the left arm, to either hand Liz or show Liz something. Something small, like a note.

We really can't know, because even were LE to find such a thing at the scene, they certainly might not let the public know about it.

Is the reason that she lived due to the fact that a revolver was used, or simply that, although the first three shots were to the torso, none pierced the heart/aorta?

Not sure if that makes sense, but I'm just wondering why it took four shots. Was it due to aim or gun type?
The reason she lived doesn't really have to do with a revolver or semi-auto. A revolver in .38 Special or .357 Magnum with hollowpoint ammo would have been as deadly as any semi-auto in 9mm. Or more so. That she lived had more to do with shot placement (i.e., where she was hit) and to some degree the caliber and ammunition.

It seems like every time this comes up for me I have to go back over footage. About 1:08.

The shooter has the gun at shoulder height so those first 3 shots could have been upper torso or neck. That 4th definitely looks like a well aimed head shot. Again, I see little or no recoil from the shots. People have survived torso shots. I once served with a Marine colonel who was medi-vac'd with multiple AK-47 rounds to the chest in Viet Nam. But that 4th shot to the head, in my opinion, wasn't done with a .38 special or .327 magnum or similar, as I don't believe she would have lived long enough to even get on the Life Flight.

Another thing I note from the video. If I was shooting at a life size dummy, I could have made those first 3 shots and all would be heart shots and in the same amount of time with my .22. But in that situation with an unarmed party, no, I couldn't do it. And those of us here, regardless of their proficiency with a gun, would say the same. In my time in the military I've known Marines, SEAL's, Army Special Forces and Rangers - ALL HIGHLY proficient with firearms - and I firmly believe each would say this is too cold blooded for them. This was cold and ruthless. To me, this looks too personal to be anything else. To me, this looks like someone with a great deal of anger against Elizabeth because of some offense, real or imagined, against the killer or someone close to the killer. That 4th shot really bothers me. After shooting Elizabeth up close, they are calm enough to go up and take a well aimed shot to the head.

The Garage Sale

If not for the garage sale the shooter would have needed a back up plan. Why would the couple wait until the last minute to decide to have the Garage Sale? Why not have it on SAT when EB had the day off from work? She had already packed her luggage for the FL trip. Waiting until SAT would provide for the best possible outcome in profits from sales to occur. People would be arriving early to get the best bargains possible. (That could pose a problem for the shooter.)

Apparently, Elizabeth was a noble employee who didn't hesitate to ask for FRI off while also taking time off the next week for the Orlando, FL trip to begin on SUN in celebration of their 5th wedding anniversary on FEB 1.

If not for the garage sale, Elizabeth would not have been outdoors getting items ready for the sale. While I cannot be certain of the temperature in Tomball, TX, the temps in Houston were quite chilly.

When the truck first drove past her home at 2am, it was 39 degrees F.
When Elizabeth dashed to Starbucks at 6:08am, it was 38 degrees F.
Between 06:17:00 - 6:47:00 AM, she and SB set up items to sale. It's 38 degrees or cooler.
When Elizabeth is shot at 6:52am, it was 35 degrees F.
When Elizabeth is boarded onto LifeFlight at 7:21am, it was 35 degrees F.
When Sergio returns to the home at 7:52am, one hour after his wife was shot, it was 38 degrees F.

View attachment 368214
Houston, TX Weather History | Weather Underground

How many signs and where did the couple place the signs in their neighborhood? It's difficult to surmise or reconcile that someone creeping the neighborhood at 2am saw one of the GS signs and decided it'd be a perfect time for Elizabeth to die.

Finally, cui bono? Who was to benefit or profit from the murder of Elizabeth Baraza?
OMG, I had no idea it was so cold! I lived in Austin for several years and don't remember anyone having yard sales that time of year when it was that cold!

The reason she lived doesn't really have to do with a revolver or semi-auto. A revolver in .38 Special or .357 Magnum with hollowpoint ammo would have been as deadly as any semi-auto in 9mm. Or more so. That she lived had more to do with shot placement (i.e., where she was hit) and to some degree the caliber and ammunition.

It seems like every time this comes up for me I have to go back over footage. About 1:08.

The shooter has the gun at shoulder height so those first 3 shots could have been upper torso or neck. That 4th definitely looks like a well aimed head shot. Again, I see little or no recoil from the shots. People have survived torso shots. I once served with a Marine colonel who was medi-vac'd with multiple AK-47 rounds to the chest in Viet Nam. But that 4th shot to the head, in my opinion, wasn't done with a .38 special or .327 magnum or similar, as I don't believe she would have lived long enough to even get on the Life Flight.

Another thing I note from the video. If I was shooting at a life size dummy, I could have made those first 3 shots and all would be heart shots and in the same amount of time with my .22. But in that situation with an unarmed party, no, I couldn't do it. And those of us here, regardless of their proficiency with a gun, would say the same. In my time in the military I've known Marines, SEAL's, Army Special Forces and Rangers - ALL HIGHLY proficient with firearms - and I firmly believe each would say this is too cold blooded for them. This was cold and ruthless. To me, this looks too personal to be anything else. To me, this looks like someone with a great deal of anger against Elizabeth because of some offense, real or imagined, against the killer or someone close to the killer. That 4th shot really bothers me. After shooting Elizabeth up close, they are calm enough to go up and take a well aimed shot to the head.
JnRyan, thank you for your service to our country. Your posts and another poster's posts commenting about the firearm is essential and greatly appreciated. They're very insightful. Justice will prevail for Liz's family.

What was the motive? That is the main question.

I can even agree with the idea that it might have been a man dressed a woman. It even looks like this person wore boots to the crime. What type of a man goes to the lengths this person did to dress up like woman? Or what type of a woman dresses themselves up like this for a murder?

In my opinion, I personally think this person was probably single and did not have a job at the time of the crime. When you look at Elizabeth Barraza's life, maybe someone was jealous of her? But because of the Nissan Frontier truck entering the area where she lived, how could someone become jealous without seeing her every day(if they were not local to her neighborhood)? The only other way would be following social media.

That brings me to my last point: Newspapers. Maybe a newspaper delivery person saw the Nissan Frontier Pro-4X truck? Who gets a newspaper delivered to their address? What time does this usually happen each morning?

Newspaper carriers might have seen the Nissan Frontier Pro-4X truck on their route and could be very helpful in trying to find it. Maybe the police get lucky?

Still, Liz was murdered. The question I have is why
She didn’t lead a life at risk. She didn’t seem aggressive. So why?
Could (her) death have benefited anyone? I don’t know, I wonder.

<modsnip> The Killer got great satisfaction out of ending EBs life. He drove back by the CS to have another lookie.

This without a doubt, in moo, is a targeted hit specifically on EB. When the cold blooded killer reaches down and shoots Elizabeth, with ill-intention and purpose right in her head, almost point blank, to assure her death, so with the 4th shot, then it became personal between the two of them. Whether the shooter was hired by someone, I cannot say with certainty but it shouldn't be ruled out. I think the Killer is one who wanted her dead and wanted to be the one to do it.

A criminal profiler said she thinks the KIller drove back by the CS as a sort of celebration so they could feel the thrill that they'd done the deed. EB was dead. And, so she would die later the next day. RIP LIZ

I also wonder if the 'note' the Killer may have extended to Liz was meant for us or the cops or SB - for someone it held meaning but the LE aren't saying what it was, if anything. Maybe it was like a 'calling card'. A Hint. A Clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member