Remembering Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II

And per his FB page

I have produced a series of works that I shall begin to share now the funeral is over. This image shows last Wednesday, her procession to Westminster on a gun carriage passing through Horseguards with the Cavalry giving a guard of honour.
I have painted a series of 'The Queue', was granted 4 hours to sketch The Lying-in-State inside Westminster Hall and painted The funeral procession on the streets of Whitehall on Monday.

Last edited:
@RoyalFamily

A photograph is released today of the ledger stone now installed at the King George VI Memorial Chapel, following the internment of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth. The King George VI Memorial Chapel sits within the walls of St George’s Chapel, Windsor

Attachments

• 880172C7-FF13-412C-A784-5BD6300007ED.jpeg
    880172C7-FF13-412C-A784-5BD6300007ED.jpeg
    143.6 KB · Views: 22
"The Queen 'ultimately died from a broken heart'
and was 'never the same' after the death of her beloved Prince Philip,
claims royal expert."

"The Queen 'ultimately died from a broken heart'
and was 'never the same' after the death of her beloved Prince Philip,
claims royal expert."

I mentioned this on the previous thread when the Queen's deteriorating health was mentioned. I noticed her becoming frail and weak, cutting back on activities and appearances, withdrawing from her usual busy schedule more and more. I attributed it to the loss of the love of her life. Rest in peace, beautiful lady. You are once again with your beloved Philip.

I mentioned this on the previous thread when the Queen's deteriorating health was mentioned. I noticed her becoming frail and weak, cutting back on activities and appearances, withdrawing from her usual busy schedule more and more. I attributed it to the loss of the love of her life. Rest in peace, beautiful lady. You are once again with your beloved Philip.
She was very blessed to have an enduring love like that, as was Philip. So many of us never do.

Queen Elizabeth II's final resting place

(I rotated image for a clearer view of inscription.)
View attachment 368488
I'm surprised that there are only 1st names there, e.g. "Philip".
Why no surnames?

Her final resting place: Buckingham Palace releases official picture of Queen Elizabeth II's ledge stone in Windsor chapel which will reopen for public to pay their respects on Thursday​

The first picture of the new ledger stone installed at the Queen's final resting place in Windsor has been released by Buckingham Palace showing that she has now been reunited with her beloved husband, loving parents, and dearest sister.

Her Majesty's name is now shown simply inscribed on the Belgian black stone slab, in gold lettering, alongside the Queen mother, the former King and the Duke of Edinburgh, who died age 99 more than a year ago, as she lies underneath the King George VI Memorial Chapel in St George's Chapel.

The new slab replaces the old stone that bore the names and dates of birth and death of George VI and his wife, Elizabeth. It now contains, in list form, 'George VI 1895-1952' and 'Elizabeth 1900-2002', and then 'Elizabeth II 1926-2022' and 'Philip 1921-2021'.

Between the two couples is a single metal Garter Star, the insignia of the Order of the Garter, the country’s oldest and most noble order of chivalry. All four were members of the order and St George’s Chapel, where the memorial chapel is situated, is its spiritual home.

Also in the chapel is the Queen's sister Princess Margaret, who died one month before the Queen mother at the age of 71 back in 2002 - as the Windsor royal family is now reunited together forever.

The public can pay their respects at St George's Chapel from Thursday, September 29, by buying a castle tour ticket, which costs £28.50 on Saturdays and £26.50 on other days, just over a week after the late monarch's funeral was watched by over 30million Brits.

When the never released publicly photo of the Queen hiking was released, I didn't see it as a photograph, I thought it was an impressionist painting that someone had painted as a memory after the Queen died.

I still see it that way.
1664056154882.png
''The photograph captures Her Majesty walking in heathlands near Balmoral in 1971 CREDIT: LICHFIELD/TWITTER
The Royal Family on Monday night paid a touching final tribute to the late Queen after she was laid to rest at an emotional state funeral.
The family's Twitter account published a never-before-seen picture of the Queen taken at Balmoral in 1971, with the words: "May flights of Angels sing thee to thy rest. In loving memory of Her Majesty The Queen."
The quote is from Shakespeare's Hamlet, and was said by King Charles in his first address to the nation on the day after the Queen's death.
The photograph features Her Late Majesty hiking through the heathlands in Scotland.
In Act 5 Scene 2 of William Shakespeare’s longest play, Hamlet’s best friend, Horatio, holds his dying friend in his arms and pays tribute to the Prince of Denmark, saying: “Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet prince, And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest!”
The photograph is believed to have been taken by Lord Lichfield, the late Queen's cousin. Lord Patrick took the official photographs of the King's wedding to Diana Spencer.''

So much is online now (including document signing), rather than printed on paper, I wonder if Prince William will transition away from a "Red Box" except maybe as a ceremonial accessory when he becomes king? Even King Charles III might embrace technology over tradition, especially with his pro-environment reputation to maintain in a modern monarchy.
MOO

Attachments

• 17A18B41-D5C6-422D-B452-B14940D972DF.jpeg
    17A18B41-D5C6-422D-B452-B14940D972DF.jpeg
    199.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 9E3572F4-69F2-45F0-8260-3C44A79E508B.jpeg
    9E3572F4-69F2-45F0-8260-3C44A79E508B.jpeg
    305 KB · Views: 15
  • F087FE8D-B3AD-483D-A60C-A20B3D9E04E6.jpeg
    F087FE8D-B3AD-483D-A60C-A20B3D9E04E6.jpeg
    343.6 KB · Views: 15
I'm surprised that there are only 1st names there, e.g. "Philip".
Why no surnames?

Writing all of their names would take up a lot of space. The royal family also don't really use surnames as such - everyone knows who Elizabeth II is! At school, William and Harry used 'Wales' as their surname, derived from their father's title. Prince George, before her majesty's death, used George Cambridge at school. The royal family can use either their title as a surname or their 'house' name - house of Windsor. It's also a bit complicated with her majesty, because she didn't take her husband's surname, but their descendants hyphenated... but also not really, because the descendants with royal titles don't. “It was therefore declared in the Privy Council that The Queen’s descendants, other than those with the style of Royal Highness and the title of Prince/Princess, or female descendants who marry, would carry the name of Mountbatten-Windsor” is what the royal family's website says. The Queen's children, and her descendants through the male lines (other than Edward because he and his wife decided against having royal titles for their children) therefore don't use surnames as they are prince/princess.

I guess the short answer can be said to be 'they don't have surnames' or just 'it's complicated'!

All of a sudden the hotels in London are selling out for the week about May 31-June 4.

I wonder what could be going on that weekend?

(There are reports that a traffic offense (using a mobile phone when driving) for the Duke of Norfolk had to be sentenced in private because the disclosure might reveal information of national security (ie: the date of Kings Charles' Coronation). The Duke is the one who organized The Funeral of Queen Elizabeth II and he is also in charge of organizing the Coronation).

It's supposed to be secret and unreleased at this point but a lot of London hotels are completely full that weekend and not the ones around it. The big US hotel chains, especially are already full or filling very fast.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back