UK UK - Suzy Lamplugh, 25, Fulham, 28 Jul 1986 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think you can discuss the content of a police interview with others.
Nothing to stop him talking or thinking about the disappearance of SL, and her lost property.
NH would, yes, because he saw and spoke to and was with SJL the morning she disappeared. CV, per his own account, was not, however. She never turned up, end of, so there was nothing for him to say or remember.

Indeed, the whole episode was so unimportant that he never even mentioned it to the permanent landlord. The first the latter knew that police had been re SJL was a year later, when they turned up again looking for CV. How did CV forget all about this after 2 weeks, yet remember so much after 35 years?
This was a big story, widely publicised, and people talk about such things even if their involvement is only peripheral. SL may not have turned up, but she had telephone conversations with people at the PoW, and they were holding items belonging to her. He's bound to have turned it all over in his mind.

It might be the landlord who forgot about it - if "CV" did mention it to him he may not have been paying attention.

Something else that puzzles me about the police belief in Mr Kipper is that in one obvious respect, HR's claimed sighting was clearly mistaken. HR said he heard a door slam and saw a couple coming out of 37SR. The door being closed was the only reason he noticed anything happening at 37SR at all. The woman was blonde, and was assumed by the police to have been SJL even though HR never said this and saw only the back of her head.

If this account is true, and this was SJL, then HR is unequivocally saying she went inside 37SR. The police assumed both points in their first reconstruction, in which they showed their SJL stand-in entering and leaving. It was this that prompted others to come forward claiming to have seen the same thing.

The police later fingerprinted the house, however, and found no sign she had ever been inside. Let's leave aside the contentious point of whether SJL even had the keys. Even if she did indeed have them, how did she manage to enter and walk around 37SR, conducting a viewing, without touching a single door, door handle, banister rail, kitchen cupboard knob, or anything else at all?

Answer (IMO): she didn't. SJL never went into 37SR. HR's claim to have seen a woman leaving 37SR is either total fiction, made up God knows why - perhaps as something to do; or he is describing an actual visit, but by implication, at a different time by different people. SF with MG, for example, fit the physical descriptions given and the actions described. They may have had keys, may have looked inside, came out again. They just didn't do it at 1pm.

It seems to me that no further credence at all should have been given to HR's sighting once the house was fingerprinted. He claims to have seen something that the fingerprint evidence completely debunks, yet his sighting continues to be relied on and cited as evidence that SJL really went there.

And hence I am back to wondering where SJL really went when she left the office.

There was other people who claimed to have seen her there though ? It’s not simply one persons account. She was due there and seen by multiple people in that time frame.

There was other people who claimed to have seen her there though ? It’s not simply one persons account. She was due there and seen by multiple people in that time frame.
I'm not convinced this is true. She disappeared on Monday, by Tuesday at 10 the police have decided to go for a prezzer that afternoon and by the end of the week they're saying the response was disappointing. So they do the first speculative reconstruction on the Monday and then they start getting corroborative sightings. Crimewatch does another one and they get more. The obvious inference is that the sightings are created by and echo the reconstructions. The only person saying he saw a woman there uninfluenced by the TV was HR and he said he saw her leaving. The fingerprinting proves she did not enter 37SR, therefore she did not exit, therefore this was either 1/ not her, or 2/ HR is completely unreliable. Either way, the single source of all the SJL-went-to-37SR evidence is discredited.

The fingerprinting proves she did not enter 37SR, therefore she did not exit, therefore this was either 1/ not her, or 2/ HR is completely unreliable. Either way, the single source of all the SJL-went-to-37SR evidence is discredited.
Can I question the fingerprinting proved she did not enter, I havent seen any report that suggests this.

Indian food is very popular with Northerners. Was it ever checked that CV ate at or ordered a take away from Mossops on the Friday night?

Indian food wasn't common up north in the 80s - it was chippies and chinese takeaways everywhere back then, italian food was 'fancy'. Pizza and fast food take-away was gaining a rapid foothold.

According to "The Good Curry Guide 1986/1987", curry is Britain's most popular dining-out food. Consequently, with every roomali roti tossed over the wok, Indian restaurants are raking in the shekels.

Well I am surprised to hear this as I was dragged up in the north and can't recall any type of indian food places or even having eaten indian food until moving to London in the late 80s (albeit in predominantly white areas that weren't diverse at all and still aren't!). I do recall 'vesta' powdered curry mix, yuk, and maybe curry flavour pot noodle.

No, I went there in 1988 and I don't remember what it served except it was considered pretty good. I worked from home in Staffs, but my area manager worked from home in Putney, somewhere walkable from both Mossops and the Tube. I had dropped round his house because I was in town using up leave. We went out to lunch, and as we did his wife said Where are you having lunch; he said Mossops and she said Oooh, lucky you. I have no idea what it served.

I am still mystified by the lost property timeline. How did her stuff get to the PoW on Sunday if it was lost elsewhere on Friday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member