Kyron Horman Discussion Thread 2020 - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one was willing to see this woman for what she was. No one. She's capable. More than capable. She will never stop. Until she is behind bars.

The "wrong dates" were intentional. It served her purposes. All in my opinion only, of course.

Snipped quote: "We're dealing with someone who is a master of deception, misdirection, and she's bringing it forward in spades," Kaine said of Terri during a press conference at the boy's 'Wall of Hope.'

Snipped quote: Young told KOIN 6 News. “It’s not that we don’t know who did this. This is not a stranger who walked into the school that day and took Kyron. It’s Terri. She was with him, she walked out of the school with him and she took him from our lives.”

Snipped quote: Detectives in Roseburg are investigating allegations of a murder-for-hire plot involving Terri Horman that occurred nearly 30 years ago – long before her stepson Kyron Horman disappeared.

Below are two quotes from the Rebecca Morris book, for discussion purposes:
Snipped quote: Terri's first attempt to hire a hitman had been in December 2009. She approached Rodolfo Sanchez in May 2010.
"Boy Missing · The Search for Kyron Horman" by Rebecca Morris

June 6, 2010
Terri stood a little too close to [mother of one of Kyron’s classmates] and spoke under her breath.

“I want you to tell Kaine… and the police… that Kyron has a doctor’s appointment next week.”

“I don’t know anything about that, Terri,” [mother of one of Kyron’s classmates] tried to explain.

Terri kept right on talking.

“It’s to check out his petit mal syndrome,” Terri told her. “Kaine doesn’t think he has it, but I do. I want him to be tested.”

It was the first [mother of one of Kyron’s classmates] had heard of this, and she was skeptical. She saw Kyron as often as five days a week. She did not believe he had a form of epilepsy. And she was uncomfortable with Terri telling her what to say to Kaine and the police.

“Well…,” [mother of one of Kyron’s classmates] managed to say. “I’ve never seen any sign of seizures. I can’t lie, Terri.”

[Mother of one of Kyron’s classmates] didn’t know that Miss Porter had been led to believe that Kyron’s doctor’s appointment was the Friday he had gone missing. [Mother of one of Kyron’s classmates] was being asked to confirm Terri’s claim that Kyron’s appointment was June 11, not June 4. [Mother of one of Kyron's classmates] was uncomfortable. As they walked back upstairs, Terri spoke loudly for the benefit of the nearby detective.

“Kyron has a doctor’s appointment coming up. If the teacher hadn’t mixed up the dates, maybe someone would have realized Kyron was not at school.” Terri was creating a scenario whereby she was absolved of anything to do with his school day.

Last edited:
No one was willing to see this woman for what she was. No one. She's capable. More than capable. She will never stop. Until she is behind bars.

She certainly seems to have stopped whatever it is she's supposed to have been doing.

Snipped quote: Detectives in Roseburg are investigating allegations of a murder-for-hire plot involving Terri Horman that occurred nearly 30 years ago – long before her stepson Kyron Horman disappeared.

Out of all the things in this case that didn't happen, this happened the least. The fact that a prison snitch brings this up in 2011, when it was becoming obvious that the investigation was dead in the water (and similarly, that it was leaked in 2017, when Terri's domestic troubles gave them a sliver of hope - soon extinguished), well... it certainly didn't impress a Grand Jury.

Below are two quotes from the Rebecca Morris book, for discussion purposes:
Snipped quote: Terri's first attempt to hire a hitman had been in December 2009. She approached Rodolfo Sanchez in May 2010.

June 6, 2010
Terri stood a little too close to [mother of one of Kyron’s classmates] and spoke under her breath.

“I want you to tell Kaine… and the police… that Kyron has a doctor’s appointment next week.”

“I don’t know anything about that, Terri,” [mother of one of Kyron’s classmates] tried to explain.

Terri kept right on talking.

“It’s to check out his petit mal syndrome,” Terri told her. “Kaine doesn’t think he has it, but I do. I want him to be tested.”

It was the first [mother of one of Kyron’s classmates] had heard of this, and she was skeptical. She saw Kyron as often as five days a week. She did not believe he had a form of epilepsy. And she was uncomfortable with Terri telling her what to say to Kaine and the police.

“Well…,” [mother of one of Kyron’s classmates] managed to say. “I’ve never seen any sign of seizures. I can’t lie, Terri.”

[Mother of one of Kyron’s classmates] didn’t know that Miss Porter had been led to believe that Kyron’s doctor’s appointment was the Friday he had gone missing. [Mother of one of Kyron’s classmates] was being asked to confirm Terri’s claim that Kyron’s appointment was June 11, not June 4. [Mother of one of Kyron's classmates] was uncomfortable. As they walked back upstairs, Terri spoke loudly for the benefit of the nearby detective.

“Kyron has a doctor’s appointment coming up. If the teacher hadn’t mixed up the dates, maybe someone would have realized Kyron was not at school.” Terri was creating a scenario whereby she was absolved of anything to do with his school day.

The second quote is a good example of how Morris steers the reader to where she wants them. Look at what actually happened, Terri's words alone, and it isn't really all that suspicious. She's telling a friend about the upcoming appointment, the reason for it and that the school got it mixed up. Terri wanting to hold the school accountable is described as trying to absolve herself. The book is rife with these things. Terri being kind and friendly to Desiree's sister is her trying to create an ally. Terri looking sad when the search is scaled back is judged by Tony as her thinking she "had to act sad now".

What's interesting here is something the book doesn't even touch upon - was there an appointment on June 11th? Unlike whatever the friend, Desiree or Rebecca Morris reads into Terri's words or actions, this is a binary question that is 100% answerable - either there was or there wasn't, and the doctor has records of the matter.

If there was an appointment, then the whole quote above is Terri telling the truth to both the friend and LE, which would be perfectly valid.

If there wasn't an appointment, then isn't it odd that the book, which is cover-to-cover Terri smears, or LE, leakier than the whole country of Wales (sorry, that pun lost something in writing) have never ever mentioned this fact?

Here is where the focus should be - the facts, the evidence. Sadly, that doesn't seem to be where the interests of Morris lay.

RSBM

IIRC, Terri Horman was at one point a serious body builder, placed in competitions?

1664105692286.png
image from oregonlive.com

Not an interest of mine, but this level of achievement in anything involves careful planning, overcoming obstacles, persistence, motivation, work.

IMHO, she could have applied these strengths to her marriage with Kaine, we wouldn't know her name or Kyron's.

IMHO, she could have applied these strengths to eliminate Kyron.

She's no longer married to Kaine.
She hasn't seen her daughter since -- well I don't know when.

No one has (reliably) seen Kyron since 2010.

jmho ymmv lrr

She certainly seems to have stopped whatever it is she's supposed to have been doing.

Out of all the things in this case that didn't happen, this happened the least. The fact that a prison snitch brings this up in 2011, when it was becoming obvious that the investigation was dead in the water (and similarly, that it was leaked in 2017, when Terri's domestic troubles gave them a sliver of hope - soon extinguished), well... it certainly didn't impress a Grand Jury.

The second quote is a good example of how Morris steers the reader to where she wants them. Look at what actually happened, Terri's words alone, and it isn't really all that suspicious. She's telling a friend about the upcoming appointment, the reason for it and that the school got it mixed up. Terri wanting to hold the school accountable is described as trying to absolve herself. The book is rife with these things. Terri being kind and friendly to Desiree's sister is her trying to create an ally. Terri looking sad when the search is scaled back is judged by Tony as her thinking she "had to act sad now".

What's interesting here is something the book doesn't even touch upon - was there an appointment on June 11th? Unlike whatever the friend, Desiree or Rebecca Morris reads into Terri's words or actions, this is a binary question that is 100% answerable - either there was or there wasn't, and the doctor has records of the matter.

If there was an appointment, then the whole quote above is Terri telling the truth to both the friend and LE, which would be perfectly valid.

If there wasn't an appointment, then isn't it odd that the book, which is cover-to-cover Terri smears, or LE, leakier than the whole country of Wales (sorry, that pun lost something in writing) have never ever mentioned this fact?

Here is where the focus should be - the facts, the evidence. Sadly, that doesn't seem to be where the interests of Morris lay.
I was pointing out that Terri has a certain history that cannot be denied. She is also a schemer and that shouldn't be denied or overlooked, either. This behavior began to show when she was barely the age that Kyron would be now. It won't stop. The DA's office is aware.

In the example, Terri was trying to manipulate a friend into lying. It's one of the rare occasions when things didn't go her way. Terri's friend knew Kyron too well. She had seen him five days a week.

Rebecca Morris is a New York Times bestselling author.

My opinion only.

Last edited:
She hasn't seen her daughter since -- well I don't know when.
Twenty-two days after Kyron went missing, Kaine took his baby daughter and left the house. Terri has not seen the child since.

Up until that point, Kaine had been protective of Terri. In my opinion, LE had something solid to show Kaine to make him understand what he was married to and the danger both he and his remaining child faced. I don't believe Kaine scares easily.

At that time, before Terri could see her bio-daughter, she had to undergo a child custody evaluation. Due to the nature of the evaluation, she would have had to answer questions about Kyron's disappearance and the murder-for-hire plots. She couldn't refuse to answer and be awarded any amount of custody.

She, quite obviously IMO, could not answer the questions without incriminating herself; so she dropped her request for custody, visitation access, everything.

Another child, supposedly so "loved" by her was discarded as if she had no significance. Only Terri matters, IYKWIM.

Snipped quote: Kaine Horman left the house with their daughter on June 26 after investigators told him that Terri Horman had solicited her landscaper to kill him in an alleged murder-for-hire plot six to seven months before his 7-year-old son Kyron Horman disappeared from Skyline School after a school science fair on June 4.

I was pointing out that Terri has a certain history that cannot be denied. She is also a schemer and that shouldn't be denied or overlooked, either. This behavior began to show when she was barely the age that Kyron would be now. It won't stop. The DA's office is aware.

Seems very deniable to me. A lot of it amounts to nothing more than gossip and armchair analyzing. None of the serious accusations - kidnapping, MFH - were substantiated and not for lack of trying by LE. And if it's a case of "no smoke without fire", remember that all of these stories only came up after Terri Horman had been made the most hated woman in America. Of course you'll get gadflies or eager-to-help people with newly reinterpreted memories. I put no value on it.

What has she actually done? Provably done? A DUI? Bad, yes, but hardly uncommon. What else?

In the example, Terri was trying to manipulate a friend into lying. It's one of the rare occasions when things didn't go her way. Terri's friend knew Kyron too well. She had seen him five days a week.

Would she be lying, though? If an appointment for the 11th existed, that would be the truth. There would also be a reason for the appointment stated.

And if it didn't exist, Terri had to know that it would be figured out immediately. As in, within minutes. It just doesn't make the slightest bit of sense to lie about something that would be documented.

Rebecca Morris is a New York Times bestselling author.

Well, I hope her other books are better, then.

A DUI? Bad, yes, but hardly uncommon.
So on Sunday, July 10, 2005, just after 6 p.m., Terri was pulled over by police while driving on Interstate 5 near Woodburn. She was given a breathalyzer and blew just a fraction below twice the legal limit.

She had an 11-year-old child in the vehicle with her.

She pleaded guilty to:
#1) Driving under the influence
#2) Reckless endangerment of another

Her punishment was:
#1) Payment of a nearly $600.00 fine (A nothing burger)
#2) Sentenced to 12 months probation
#3) A 90-day suspension of her driver's license
#4) Attend alcohol counseling programs
#5) Attend a victim impact statement

Snipped quote: A records search of Terri [] under her current, maiden and previous married names turned up a DUI conviction in 2005 in which she pleaded guilty not only to driving under the influence, but also to "reckless endangerment of another."

Oregon State Police Lt. Gregg Hastings told ABCNews.com that the endangerment charge stemmed from the fact that her son, who was 11 at the time, was in the vehicle when she was stopped.

A spokeswoman for the court in Marion County, Ore., said Horman was sentenced to 12 months probation, a 90-day suspension of her driver's license and she had to attend alcohol counseling programs and attend a victim impact statement.

Snipped quote: On July 10, 2005, she was pulled over by police on Interstate 5 near Woodburn just after 6 p.m. Given a breath test, she registered 0.15. Under Oregon law, it is illegal to drive with a blood alcohol level of 0.08 percent or more.

Terri pleaded guilty to reckless endangerment for driving under the influence with [J], then 11, in the car. She paid a nearly $600 fine and completed a diversion program.

The above was "a very big deal". In my opinion. I hope attending the victim impact statement helped her to understand the repercussions of her actions. Probably not, though.

If an appointment for the 11th existed, that would be the truth.
She wanted as many people as she could "persuade" to say they had previous knowledge that the appointment was on the 11th. How could the teacher mix that up when no one else did, right?

What has she actually done? Provably done?
I believe there are no statutes of limitations on any of the many possibilities she faces, so we can wait. We'll see. Terri is not the victim. IMO

So on Sunday, July 10, 2005, just after 6 p.m., Terri was pulled over by police while driving on Interstate 5 near Woodburn. She was given a breathalyzer and blew just a fraction below twice the legal limit.

She had an 11-year-old child in the vehicle with her.

She pleaded guilty to:
#1) Driving under the influence
#2) Reckless endangerment of another

Her punishment was:
#1) Payment of a nearly $600.00 fine (A nothing burger)
#2) Sentenced to 12 months probation
#3) A 90-day suspension of her driver's license
#4) Attend alcohol counseling programs
#5) Attend a victim impact statement

Snipped quote: A records search of Terri [] under her current, maiden and previous married names turned up a DUI conviction in 2005 in which she pleaded guilty not only to driving under the influence, but also to "reckless endangerment of another."

Oregon State Police Lt. Gregg Hastings told ABCNews.com that the endangerment charge stemmed from the fact that her son, who was 11 at the time, was in the vehicle when she was stopped.

A spokeswoman for the court in Marion County, Ore., said Horman was sentenced to 12 months probation, a 90-day suspension of her driver's license and she had to attend alcohol counseling programs and attend a victim impact statement.

Snipped quote: On July 10, 2005, she was pulled over by police on Interstate 5 near Woodburn just after 6 p.m. Given a breath test, she registered 0.15. Under Oregon law, it is illegal to drive with a blood alcohol level of 0.08 percent or more.

Terri pleaded guilty to reckless endangerment for driving under the influence with [J], then 11, in the car. She paid a nearly $600 fine and completed a diversion program.

The above was "a very big deal". In my opinion. I hope attending the victim impact statement helped her to understand the repercussions of her actions. Probably not, though.

So she got a DUI - one of the 1 million Americans who did that year - took responsibility for it, paid her fines and completed her programs. And then she never did it again.

Sounds like the system worked just fine.

It's also hardly indicative of scheming or whatever dangerous mindset she's supposed to have. There was no malice, no manipulation. Just a thoughtless mistake made by so many, that led to immediate consequences.

She wanted as many people as she could "persuade" to say they had previous knowledge that the appointment was on the 11th. How could the teacher mix that up when no one else did, right?

None of which would matter if there was an appointment for the 11th. Everyone keeps dancing around it, but either there was an appointment for the 11th - and Terri told the truth and the encounter wasn't suspicious - or there wasn't - and no number of witnesses would be enough to counter the lack of documentation.

Funny thing is, if the encounter with the friend was Terri confiding in her something that she had kept close to her chest - fear that something was wrong with Kyron and that Kaine was dismissive about it - it reads very differently. A lot of the scenes in the book are like that.

Funny thing is, if the encounter with the friend was Terri confiding in her something that she had kept close to her chest - fear that something was wrong with Kyron and that Kaine was dismissive about it - it reads very differently. A lot of the scenes in the book are like that.
Children often act out when they are being molested or being groomed for molestation. We have seen this in so many other cases. What if Terri was right? What if someone was molesting or grooming Kyron? At 7, he might not tell, so many children don't. It would have to be someone he knew, possibly from school. Molesters tend to find ways to be around places where they know children will be.

Children often act out when they are being molested or being groomed for molestation. We have seen this in so many other cases. What if Terri was right? What if someone was molesting or grooming Kyron? At 7, he might not tell, so many children don't. It would have to be someone he knew, possibly from school. Molesters tend to find ways to be around places where they know children will be.
This could be an explanation of Terri's emails. Kaine didn't see anything about Terri hating Kyron in them but Desiree did. It could be Terri was venting her frustration with a change in Kyron's behavior. It would sure be interesting to see what those emails actually said. I hope LE has considered this.

Is there a link for Terri saying that Kyron was being molested or groomed? Is it in the book? tia

So she got a DUI - one of the 1 million Americans who did that year - took responsibility for it, paid her fines and completed her programs. And then she never did it again.

Sounds like the system worked just fine.

It's also hardly indicative of scheming or whatever dangerous mindset she's supposed to have. There was no malice, no manipulation. Just a thoughtless mistake made by so many, that led to immediate consequences.

None of which would matter if there was an appointment for the 11th. Everyone keeps dancing around it, but either there was an appointment for the 11th - and Terri told the truth and the encounter wasn't suspicious - or there wasn't - and no number of witnesses would be enough to counter the lack of documentation.

She got a DUI while her young son was in the car with her. This is neither common nor typical for mothers.

We don't know if she had put her child at risk before then, or any of her children since then. It may have been the only time she was caught.

She may have made an appointment for the 11th. The point is that she convinced the teacher that it was for June 4. Then she tried to convince everyone else that it was not for June 4.

Seems very deniable to me. A lot of it amounts to nothing more than gossip and armchair analyzing. None of the serious accusations - kidnapping, MFH - were substantiated and not for lack of trying by LE. And if it's a case of "no smoke without fire", remember that all of these stories only came up after Terri Horman had been made the most hated woman in America. Of course you'll get gadflies or eager-to-help people with newly reinterpreted memories. I put no value on it.

What has she actually done? Provably done? A DUI? Bad, yes, but hardly uncommon. What else?

Would she be lying, though? If an appointment for the 11th existed, that would be the truth. There would also be a reason for the appointment stated.

And if it didn't exist, Terri had to know that it would be figured out immediately. As in, within minutes. It just doesn't make the slightest bit of sense to lie about something that would be documented.

Well, I hope her other books are better, then.
bbm
A DUI while her young child was in the car with her. That is not common.

Terri banked on the teacher believing that the appointment was for June 4. Then she would "gaslight" and say that the teacher misunderstood, she had bad hearing, she was a first year teacher, etc. She would tell everyone else the appointment was for the 11th.

I suspect Terri didn't think much of Kyron's teacher. IMO she thought she, Terri, could have done a much better job and that the school should have hired her for the job. She said the teacher got it mixed up. The teacher believed what Terri indicated to her, that the appt. was for that day. The teacher was the only one that Terri told the incorrect information about the appointment. She didn't tell the school secretary, other teachers, the principal, or other parents that Kyron had an appointment that day. Just Kryon's teacher.
imo

Is there a link for Terri saying that Kyron was being molested or groomed? Is it in the book? tia
See post #989. That is the one I was replying to. Also, I remember reading in at least one of the earliest posts that Terri was claiming there was something wrong with Kyron. I don't believe anyone ever said what was wrong. I remember wondering if that was the reason for the doctor's appointment. I don't know if it is in the book as I don't have it.

So she got a DUI - one of the 1 million Americans who did that year
Her's included the "reckless endangerment of another" charge. See comment 987 for the linked source(s). I doubt that "the 1 million Americans" who did the same thing that year had a child with them when they blew twice the legal limit at 6:00 p.m in the evening on a busy interstate.

Children often act out when they are being molested or being groomed for molestation.
We were discussing the petit mal seizures, which was Terri's first excuse for the doctor's appointment. This was on or about June 6--about 2 days after Kyron went missing. She was focused on discrediting the teacher.

But I'm glad you moved the discussion along.

I've seen that floating around as well, but I've never been able to track it down to an original source. Generally, I wish people would look more into the testimonies of TP and TK; I think there is a lot of valuable information there.
I remember at the time watching TP's interview over and over. Something about it bothered me. I recall that he said something about people leaving notes and presents on Kyron's desk. He said it in a wistful way. I drew some conclusions from that, among other things.
IMO, TP was mistaken in some or all of his account.

See post #989. That is the one I was replying to. Also, I remember reading in at least one of the earliest posts that Terri was claiming there was something wrong with Kyron. I don't believe anyone ever said what was wrong. I remember wondering if that was the reason for the doctor's appointment. I don't know if it is in the book as I don't have it.
BBM - the discussion on the petit mal seizures.

aaaannnnddd -- what if TH herself was the perpetrator??? Hypothetically.

Hypothetically consider this scenario:

Explains Kyron begging Desiree to stay at her house.
Explains changes in Kyron's behavior.
Explains vague, shifting doctor's appointment because TH can't really have the child examined by a competent professional.

Hypothetically, of course.

She got a DUI while her young son was in the car with her. This is neither common nor typical for mothers.

We don't know if she had put her child at risk before then, or any of her children since then. It may have been the only time she was caught.

"We don't know". As with most of the stuff used to paint Terri as some kind of menace to society, we don't know. That's why I pay no heed to the gossip that only emerged after Terri had become a public figure of hate, nor to the failed attempts by the police to persuade multiple grand juries about any of her supposed crimes.

What do we know here? We know Terri didn't contest the charges. We know she paid her fine. We know she completed her program. We know she has never been arrested or otherwise caught doing it in the seventeen years since.

She may have made an appointment for the 11th. The point is that she convinced the teacher that it was for June 4. Then she tried to convince everyone else that it was not for June 4.

No evidence she tried to convince the teacher of that, but the point is, if there's an appointment for the 11th, there is no reason whatsoever for Terri to have to go around convincing people to lie for her.

Far more likely is that her "friend" began believing Terri had done it, and then started to go back and assign sinister meanings to the things Terri said. Same thing happened in the Meredith Kercher case.

I suspect Terri didn't think much of Kyron's teacher. IMO she thought she, Terri, could have done a much better job and that the school should have hired her for the job. She said the teacher got it mixed up. The teacher believed what Terri indicated to her, that the appt. was for that day. The teacher was the only one that Terri told the incorrect information about the appointment. She didn't tell the school secretary, other teachers, the principal, or other parents that Kyron had an appointment that day. Just Kryon's teacher.
imo

Honestly, I don't think much of Kyron's teacher, but it was a busy morning and she was likely under a lot of stress. According to witness testimony (one of the few times we can actually say that) she first thought Kyron was in the bathroom. This makes it far more likely that, rather than Terri misdirecting her that morning, it was the teacher searching her memory of a potential reason for Kyron's absence.

I remember at the time watching TP's interview over and over. Something about it bothered me. I recall that he said something about people leaving notes and presents on Kyron's desk. He said it in a wistful way. I drew some conclusions from that, among other things.
IMO, TP was mistaken in some or all of his account.

He sat next to Kyron, so the desk would be right there. Why wouldn't he say it in a "wistful" way? His friend is gone and there's a constant reminder of it right by his side.

I honestly don't see any reason to disregard TP's testimony. It all makes sense, both timewise and locationwise. Kyron was last seen by Terri in the upstairs hallway, and that's where TP saw him soon after. Similarly, he was in the classroom shortly before 10, which is when the classes were supposed to start. His statement includes the chaperone of the six-student group that was supposed to have had Kyron in it, which we know was part of the chaperone-led tour that took place between 9 and 10.

Basically, everything fits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member