ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Charles Vallow, 62, Oct 2019 *Arrests* #66

Status
Not open for further replies.

“Certainly these bodies are the most significant of evidence in this set of cases (and) the best practice is to retain all of the evidence until all of the appeals and all of the appeals of the appeals have been completed,” LeRoy (attorney interviewed) tells EastIdahoNews.com.
If prosecutors and defense attorneys agree, it’s possible the bodies could be released before the trials conclude. The Woodcocks have previously said they want to have public memorial services for the children in Idaho, Arizona and their home state of Louisiana.
I can't believe they haven't released their bodies. That's borderline cruel. JMO

Larry and Kay Woodcock, the grandparents of JJ Vallow, are “disappointed and distraught” following Boyce’s ruling.

“Although we want justice for JJ, Tylee, Charles and Tammy, we feel he overreacted. The simple solution is not to televise preliminary hearings in order to not taint a jury pool, yet still allow cameras during the trial,” the Woodcocks said in a statement to EastIdahoNews.com. “Some of our immediate family, close friends and supporters from around the globe will not be able to share in this most horrific story. This story speaks from beyond the graves. We want the world to hear the atrocities executed by Lori and Chad Daybell.”

I hope the Woodcocks know everyone will know what they did even without cameras. It will all come out in the light. Very sad for them and I hope family members that can't be present can get a private feed or something. That does seem to be fair.

I hope the Woodcocks know everyone will know what they did even without cameras. It will all come out in the light. Very sad for them and I hope family members that can't be present can get a private feed or something. That does seem to be fair.
The no cameras might be a blessing in disguise in that Lori won't be getting the camera spotlight that she craves, and neither will Chad have a platform if he testifies.

I remember hearing about this horrific case in the news, but didn't know all of the details until I recently watched the excellent true-crime Netflix doc. (3-part mini-series). These two innocent children especially didn't stand a chance against LV & CD - whom they trusted to protect them from harm. It's obvious that these two were also responsible for the death of their respective spouses (whether or not they did this themselves). Sickening.

I truly hope these two evil, cowardly, heinous monsters are severely punished. At the least, they should both get life in prison without parole.

I also wonder whether a thorough investigation into the two missing children & the deaths of the two spouses would have been done if the case hadn't gotten international attention. I.e., those of us who follow true crime know that most cases like this only get minimal coverage, at best. Going along with this, there are numerous people who disappear every year & are never found - and you typically never even hear about them. I understand it would be impossible for the media to focus on even a portion of these numerous cases....but it's also interesting to note exactly which ones get the notable attention.

Last edited:
Netflix documentary review by the author of "When the moon turns to blood" (book about this case):

Deficiencies listed:
- Lori's mother misstating the number of her children
- Omission of Lori's father's anti-government stance
- Omission of the child custody battle for Tylee
- Lack of scrutiny of Chad's writings and PAP conferences
- Using JR as a source without giving her background
The reviews I’ve seen so far are based only on the first segment. One wonders if the missing bits are picked up in the subsequent ones. It’s a little like walking out on Hamlet after the first act and saying, “Wow they left out all that stuff about the mother.”

Last edited:
Larry and Kay Woodcock, the grandparents of JJ Vallow, are “disappointed and distraught” following Boyce’s ruling.

“Although we want justice for JJ, Tylee, Charles and Tammy, we feel he overreacted. The simple solution is not to televise preliminary hearings in order to not taint a jury pool, yet still allow cameras during the trial,” the Woodcocks said in a statement to EastIdahoNews.com. “Some of our immediate family, close friends and supporters from around the globe will not be able to share in this most horrific story. This story speaks from beyond the graves. We want the world to hear the atrocities executed by Lori and Chad Daybell.”

Exactly the way I feel. Trial should be televised. I will not lie, I want to see what the jury sees.

Well, not the only ones - Colby was also very concerned about Tylee and JJ, to give him due credit. But I do agree that more family and friends should have been caring, concerned and suspicious when the children disappeared. Though of course the moving of Lori and the kids to a different state really muddied the waters. Which was probably the intention.
As a teacher, I really had problems with kids, especially ones who seemed quite neglected, were "homeschooled". Of course, in JJ'S case, he did not appear neglected.

But, parents can choose to homeschool their children in the United States. And there is nothing a teacher can do to follow up. CPS wouldn't go out without some sort of credible evidence of abuse.

That is where I find LEO involvement here very interesting. They did a top notch job on following up. Kudos to them for doing so great! Unlike LEO in Arizona on Charles Vallow murder. And the death of Tammy Daybell. Amazing that LVD and CD almost got away with it all. Almost.

As a teacher, I really had problems with kids, especially ones who seemed quite neglected, were "homeschooled". Of course, in JJ'S case, he did not appear neglected.

But, parents can choose to homeschool their children in the United States. And there is nothing a teacher can do to follow up. CPS wouldn't go out without some sort of credible evidence of abuse.

That is where I find LEO involvement here very interesting. They did a top notch job on following up. Kudos to them for doing so great! Unlike LEO in Arizona on Charles Vallow murder. And the death of Tammy Daybell. Amazing that LVD and CD almost got away with it all. Almost.

Schools can serve as monitors to help spot child abuse, but even then, we have cases where it slips by right under their noses.

It would be nice to have some sort of regular check-in on homeschooled children, but I'd hate to see homeschooling discouraged--because those kids seem to learn so much more--and more quickly.

I suppose the same risk can occur during summer vacations when kids are away from a traditional school, so it's hard to know what the answer is.

We should all be vigilant and not afraid to call CPS if we feel a child is in danger. But, when you have stories like the one LV came up with, even her close friends didn't really suspect anything at first. Sad situation.

Exactly! This goes back to what I pointed out in my earlier post, re: how this case got an extreme amount of media coverage/attention, whereas many other cases like this are ignored.

Since the bodies were found on CD's property, it's obvious the authorities had CD & LV dead-to-rights re: their involvement in these horrific crimes. However, if the authorities had not responded when they did - I strongly suspect the remains may have been moved to another location (we've all seen this happen in other cases). And, then the definitive proof that these two were involved in the deaths would have been a lot harder to prove.

Last edited:
Exactly! This goes back to what I pointed out in my earlier post, re: how this case got an extreme amount of media coverage/attention, whereas many other cases like this are ignored.

Since the bodies were found on CD's property, it's obvious the authorities had CD & LV dead-to-rights re: their involvement in these horrific crimes. However, if the authorities had not responded when they did - I strongly suspect the remains may have been moved to another location (we've all seen this happen in other cases). And, then the definitive proof that these two were involved in the deaths would have been a lot harder to prove.

There were additional factors related to the missing children that gained media attention in December 2019... the man their mother married had a fairly-recently deceased wife whose body was being exhumed by LE. Also at that time, the children's uncle dies - an uncle who (just months earlier) shot and killed their mother's husband. While other cases of missing children do not gain this level of attention... the facts we learned initially and as weeks rolled on... it's really not surprising this got so much media coverage.

jmo

@GRT I have been offered jobs at CPS, oversight boards, reviewer, contracts...I refuse them. Too political, too much drama.

I have seen enough women like LVD at school meetings. She comes in for a meeting about her child, and basically makes it all about her, how wonderful she is to have a child with a disability, how much work she does, on and on...nothing gets accomplished at the meeting, except now we know exactly why we see the disordered behavior at school. Poor kid.

Women like LVD will lie straight up, their lives are about manipulation and lying. They have done it since childhood, so their lies are as natural as breathing. Even when caught in the lies, they just keep the manipulation going. I have no doubt that the trial will be all about "poor LVD". She is the victim here...of course. Shades of Casey Anthony and Jodi Arias.

There were additional factors related to the missing children that gained media attention in December 2019... the man their mother married had a fairly-recently deceased wife whose body was being exhumed by LE. Also at that time, the children's uncle dies - an uncle who (just months earlier) shot and killed their mother's husband. While other cases of missing children do not gain this level of attention... the facts we learned initially and as weeks rolled on... it's really not surprising this got so much media coverage.

jmo

I agree with the fact that there were several other suspicious factors in this case above & beyond the missing children - yes, definitely. But, I still stand by my point that there are a plethora of missing persons cases that occur everywhere & only a small fraction get any attention. I.e., this case could easily have fallen through the cracks if the authorities involved hadn't put the pieces together, etc. - as we see in numerous other cases.

In other words, AFAIC it was unusual that the case against these two was pursued as aggressively as it was. As was said, these two perps. almost got away with this. Thankfully, they didn't.

Last edited:
I agree with the fact that there were several other suspicious factors in this case above & beyond the missing children - yes, definitely. But, I still stand by my point that there are a plethora of missing persons cases that occur everywhere & only a small fraction get any attention. I.e., this case could easily have fallen through the cracks if the authorities involved hadn't put the pieces together, etc. - as we see in numerous other cases.

In other words, AFAIC it was unusual that the case against these two was pursued as aggressively as it was. As was said, these two perps. almost got away with this. Thankfully, they didn't.

Oh, I (think) I see... Your comment is about media inattention, as well as LE inaction regarding missing adults and children overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie