Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #148

Status
Not open for further replies.
And we have this. I think IndyStar might have been struggling at the time with interpreting what it meant. (As we all were.) But note the part I’ve bolded - the police clarification.

The man depicted in an old sketch released to the public two years ago is no longer believed to be the person who killed teens Abigail Williams and Liberty German in Delphi, Indiana State Police said.

The man in the 2017 sketch was a person of interest in the investigation during that period, police said.

The new composite drawing released by officials on April 22, 2019, of the person suspected in the Delphi Murders.

Now, that's no longer the case. Investigators believe the man shown in a sketch released during a press conference on Monday "more accurately" represents the person who killed the teens in February 2017, State Police said in a news release on Wednesday.

While both sketches were drawn in 2017, police clarified that the renderings are "not the same person."

The old sketch shows a man in the age range of 40 to 50 years old, according to police. He appears to be older than the newly released sketch, which appears to depict a much younger man.

This gives me such a headache. I remember locals reacting to that sketch release, and they felt let down, like they’d been looking for the wrong guy for 2 years. Then to find out the ‘young guy’ sketch was the original eye witness description, but was put aside in favor of the classic BG sketch. Then we have one family member saying the combined drawings are the suspect.
Years have been wasted and I hope the families get some answers as to what went wrong with LE.

the video?

Maybe?
But, we were told that the video was 43 seconds long.
I thought that the "Guys, Down the Hill" happened at 2:17 PM.
I am probably wrong?
Does anyone know where there might be sources that say when that actually happened?

JMO

EBM to say- Abby's photo was posted at 2:07 PM. HLN stated that the guys voice was recorded at 2:13 PM.

I am searching for a link to add here.

EBM again to add the link to RL's search warrant which states:

LG and AW are presumed to have made contact with an unknown male at approximately 2:13 PM. (paragraph 3)

https://interactive.wthr.com/pdfs/logan-warrrant.pdf

It further states that the video is 43 seconds long. (Paragraph 2 )

Last edited:
This gives me such a headache. I remember locals reacting to that sketch release, and they felt let down, like they’d been looking for the wrong guy for 2 years. Then to find out the ‘young guy’ sketch was the original eye witness description, but was put aside in favor of the classic BG sketch. Then we have one family member saying the combined drawings are the suspect.
Years have been wasted and I hope the families get some answers as to what went wrong with LE.
Oh yeah. I posted a rant about it on here back in 2019 right after the press conference. Many of us had driven around for months posting flyers with the old sketch. Total letdown. I can’t imagine how the families felt. But BP and KGS have continued to have faith in LE. Maybe they do know more than can be said. I sure hope so.

Keeping the Faith
Today is the Day
Justice for Abby and Libby

Me too. Maybe it was more word soup — maybe when one LEO said the suspect could be a combination of the two sketches he meant he thought it was possibly a combo team of two men.
I know this doesn’t make sense if the sketches don’t look like the two current suspects, but nothing makes sense in this case.

Maybe?
But, we were told that the video was 43 seconds long.
I thought that the "Guys, Down the Hill" happened at 2:17 PM.
I am probably wrong?
Does anyone know where there might be sources that say when that actually happened?

JMO

EBM to say- Abby's photo was posted at 2:07 PM. HLN stated that the guys voice was recorded at 2:13 PM.

I am searching for a link to add here.

EBM again to add the link to RL's search warrant which states:

LG and AW are presumed to have made contact with an unknown male at approximately 2:13 PM. (paragraph 3)

https://interactive.wthr.com/pdfs/logan-warrrant.pdf

It further states that the video is 43 seconds long. (Paragraph 2 )
From your post:
o_Oo_Oo_O

When there is an arrest, either now or in the future, do we think he/they will be brought to the jail in Delphi? I understand it's a Carroll County crime and all, but is Delphi equipped to deal with the public craze an arrest might bring to the city? And, what if the charges are federal? Where would the suspect(s) be detained?

ETA: I suspect if images of the murder were shared via a dropbox link, the charges will be federal. JMO
"The United States government may pursue federal murder charges if someone such as a bank employee or customer is killed during a bank robbery. A murder related to rape, child molestation, or the sexual exploitation of children. Rape, sexual abuse, and sexual exploitation of minor children are federal crimes."
"Section 1201 of Title 18 of the United States Code codifies the extremely serious federal crime of kidnapping. As stated, while most cases are most often prosecuted under the laws of the 50 states, it can also be a federal crime in certain circumstances, carrying a potential life sentence or even the death penalty."
source

I've been researching apps used by KAK (link to verify connection provided)
I have been reading a lot about YUBO and found this disturbing info: Users can also start and join live-streaming video chats known as ‘lives’. "These lives can feature up to 10 streamers (those who are broadcasting) and an unlimited number of viewers." !!!!
Users can also start and join live-streaming video chats known as ‘lives’. These lives can feature up to 10 streamers (those who are broadcasting) and an unlimited number of viewers.
So my question is, why would a guy who in his own words claims he "goes no where" but to grandparents house and weed dealer's house, be connected/associated to YUBO live streaming? I can't help but wonder if he "sat in a red jeep" what was he doing? Listening to the car radio? Maybe. I can't listen to my car radio unless the keys are in the ignition. What time of day did he need to look up the directions to the Marathon Gas Station...after 2:30 PM on February 13, 2017? If he was looking up the address before 2:30 pm, then he is a party to the murders, IMO. If he looked up after 2:30 PM, then maybe he was asked to drive to another location. Is that what he wants LE to think? His past statements have made me consider the possibility he would say anything to distance himself from this crime and save himself. IMO.
Would you mind sharing the source regarding the YUBO participation? I've not read this anywhere else and try to follow pretty closely.

And we have this. I think IndyStar might have been struggling at the time with interpreting what it meant. (As we all were.) But note the part I’ve bolded - the police clarification.

The man depicted in an old sketch released to the public two years ago is no longer believed to be the person who killed teens Abigail Williams and Liberty German in Delphi, Indiana State Police said.

The man in the 2017 sketch was a person of interest in the investigation during that period, police said.

The new composite drawing released by officials on April 22, 2019, of the person suspected in the Delphi Murders.

Now, that's no longer the case. Investigators believe the man shown in a sketch released during a press conference on Monday "more accurately" represents the person who killed the teens in February 2017, State Police said in a news release on Wednesday.

While both sketches were drawn in 2017, police clarified that the renderings are "not the same person."

The old sketch shows a man in the age range of 40 to 50 years old, according to police. He appears to be older than the newly released sketch, which appears to depict a much younger man.

thats not true cause again

Q. The public has been given two sketches, is the thought there is more than one person involved or is the second sketch the suspected killer? Please clarify the two sketches, this has been a point of confusion since the second sketch was released.

A. These were produced by information gained from witnesses near the area during time frame. The primary focus by investigators is on the second sketch.

primary means the other one is still valid

County Sheriff answers double homicide questions from readers - Carroll County Comet

my take is that they simply don't know which sketch to trust cause they have mistrust of witnesses and what they saw
common sense says the video looks like the first sketch but if he was in disguise and the artist rendered him without.. then this makes it a half made up sketch..
and we dont know where the other suspect sketch was seen and if he was ( BG )

Oh yeah. I posted a rant about it on here back in 2019 right after the press conference. Many of us had driven around for months posting flyers with the old sketch. Total letdown. I can’t imagine how the families felt. But BP and KGS have continued to have faith in LE. Maybe they do know more than can be said. I sure hope so.

Keeping the Faith
Today is the Day
Justice for Abby and Libby
I’ve had concerns over whether or not the young sketch is really representative of the suspect and that is mostly due to the contradictory statements that LE has made. I also read in a little manual on investigations that changing the investigative direction is sometimes done when LE has reached a dead end and goes back to the beginning.

But what you say here is what makes me believe in the young sketch, because it seems like such a deflating moment for everyone involved in the case. Whatever evidence they gained or reassessed that made them switch, it must have been very compelling.

thats not true cause again

Q. The public has been given two sketches, is the thought there is more than one person involved or is the second sketch the suspected killer? Please clarify the two sketches, this has been a point of confusion since the second sketch was released.

A. These were produced by information gained from witnesses near the area during time frame. The primary focus by investigators is on the second sketch.

primary means the other one is still valid

County Sheriff answers double homicide questions from readers - Carroll County Comet

my take is that they simply don't know which sketch to trust cause they have mistrust of witnesses and what they saw
common sense says the video looks like the first sketch but if he was in disguise and the artist rendered him without.. then this makes it a half made up sketch..
and we dont know where the other suspect sketch was seen and if he was ( BG )
There are several theories about why there are two sketches.
Common sense hasn’t helped us much in following this case.
It is puzzling.

"The United States government may pursue federal murder charges if someone such as a bank employee or customer is killed during a bank robbery. A murder related to rape, child molestation, or the sexual exploitation of children. Rape, sexual abuse, and sexual exploitation of minor children are federal crimes."
"Section 1201 of Title 18 of the United States Code codifies the extremely serious federal crime of kidnapping. As stated, while most cases are most often prosecuted under the laws of the 50 states, it can also be a federal crime in certain circumstances, carrying a potential life sentence or even the death penalty."
source

We see this in action in, for example, the people indicted for the sexually-motivated kidnapping of Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney in Alabama. They were indicted on charges of federal kidnapping and conspiracy to kidnap a minor, for which federal authorities decided not to seek the death penalty, but they are also indicted for separate state charges of capital murder and murder committed during a kidnapping and county prosecutors do plan to pursue the death penalty for those. The federal trial will be separate from the state one. IMO something like this could happen if charges are ever reached in the Delphi case, depending, of course, on some facts of the case which we may not know at this stage.

Would you mind sharing the source regarding the YUBO participation? I've not read this anywhere else and try to follow pretty closely.
Sure Det Draper, I follow the case closely and still find that I miss information, too. But, it is in the article I linked. I am copying and pasting the part you asked about:

"On Monday, the Indiana State Police said investigators are looking to expand the list of social media applications used by “anthony_shots.”

The Delphi Double Homicide Task Force says the profile was used on the social media platform that once went by the name of Yellow. It is now called Yubo."

source
The girls were abducted from the bridge before they were murdered a distance away. Is that the same as the federal language of kidnapping?

In Anna Williams YouTube interview she talks about being allowed to listen to some of the audio. She said that LE told her, at the end of the clip she was played, a sound was of a gun being cocked. Would a gun or knife being displayed during abduction satisfy the federal definition of a kidnapping?

Am I overthinking and its all the same and it would be the feds that would be filing charges of kidnapping and murder to whomever is finally arrested?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks