Found Safe TX - Michelle Reynolds - 6th Grade Reading and Language Arts Teacher - Missing Since 22 Sept 2022

...Michelle's husband filed a missing person's report with Brazoria County Sheriff's Office and Galveston County Sheriff's Office. He contacted Lexus Roadside Service and together they "pinged" the car in New Orleans on the night of 9/23/2022. However, once New Orleans Police arrived at the location shown, the vehicle was no longer there.

Her car was then located in New Orleans on the night of 9/24/2022, but there’s no sign of Michelle...
Okay, to me now it makes more sense that the husband and other family member went to New Orleans to find the car themselves, as someone posted concerns about on here earlier.

It looks like the NOLO police looked for the car first but the car was no longer where the "ping" indicated it would be. So maybe then the husband decided he'd be able to follow up on future "pings" quicker himself or something along those lines.

Last edited:
Hmm, seems odd to suddenly up and take off from Texas to Louisiana. Obviously I have thoughts, but will hold on voicing those for now. NOLO police not my favourite people either after the scandalous way they dealt with the Jessica Easterly case.

TIMELINE

THU SEP 22
12p - last contact with family - spoke to husband, said she was going to get something to eat
PM - reported missing by husband to local LE

FRI SEP 23
PM - Lexus "pinged" car in New Orleans; upon LE arrival, vehicle was no longer there (1)

SAT SEP 24
PM - Vehicle located in New Orleans by husband and brother by geo-location. (2)

SUN SEP 25
First MSM news coverage (3)

SOURCES
(1)Search for missing Alvin ISD teacher continues after car found in New Orleans
(2)'Really tough time' | Husband of missing Alvin woman says children are struggling with news
(3)Alvin ISD teacher still missing after car found in New Orleans, sheriff's office says

POTENTIAL (SHORTEST) ROUTE FROM ALVIN TO NEW ORLEANS

View attachment 369287

LEXUS RX 300

From the Lexus website, her model includes some features that allow for the vehicle to be tracked via GPS, including
- Stolen Vehicle Locator - after filing a police report, Lexus can use the car's GPS to pinpoint its location
- Emergency Assistance (SOS) Button - in the case of an emergency, the owner can press the button and be automatically connected to emergency services, who would be able to access their location information via the car's GPS

It averages about 18-20 MPG (LINK) with a 20 gallon tank (LINK), which means a single tank of gas will last ~400 miles, which means that if the tank was close to full when the trip began, the vehicle could have made it all the way to New Orleans without stopping for gas.

SPECULATION: Did someone just drive it as far as they could and then ditch it when it got near empty?

THINGS I'D LIKE TO KNOW
- Why was she home at noon on a weekday when, according to the calendar on the district website, classes presumably were in session?
- Is there anything else missing that was not found in the vehicle? Purse, wallet, ID, etc?
- When was the last time that her phone pinged (before it was turned off) and where was that?
- Where was her husband on Thursday? At home with her? At work? It's unclear if their discussion about going to get food was made in person or on the phone/via text
- Are there any charges on her credit card for that day?
- Where, specifically, in New Orleans was the vehicle was located?
Thanks for the timeline.

I too am curious about why she was home at the time. Did she not work that day? Or maybe only taught class in the morning? From MSM reports, I assume the communication with the husband was via text or phone call. Was this a normal habit / pattern to communicate with him like this?

In regard to the clothing description, per the MSM report below there's only this detail...which I think also reinforces the fact that the communication was not in person, or they would have more details about what she was wearing. I do think it's odd, however, there's only mention of leggings...did this info come from family what she was wearing earlier in the day? or if she was at the school earlier?

"It is unknown what clothing Michelle was wearing at the time of her disappearance, but she may have been wearing black leggings."

TIMELINE

THU SEP 22
12p - last contact with family - spoke to husband, said she was going to get something to eat
PM - reported missing by husband to local LE...

...THINGS I'D LIKE TO KNOW
- Why was she home at noon on a weekday when, according to the calendar on the district website, classes presumably were in session?
Where are we getting this information that Michelle Reynolds was home at 12 noon on Thursday, September 22 and that her last contact with family was at 12 noon? Everything I've read just says Thursday AFTERNOON.

Last edited:
Where are we getting this information that Michelle Reynolds was home at noon on Thursday, September 22 and that her last contact with family was at noon? Everything I've read just says Thursday AFTERNOON, which is much more vague.
Thanks for catching that; I meant to include the link, but unfortunately, I can't edit that post anymore.

"Michelle Reynolds, 48, a teacher at Fairview Junior High in Alvin, vanished without a trace Thursday around noon."
A Search is Underway for a Texas Teacher Whose Car Was Found Out of State

These state specifically that she left her home/residence:
Missing Texas teacher's vehicle discovered in New Orleans
MISSING: Michelle Townsend Reynolds, 48, Alvin, Texas (9/22/2022) - Texas EquuSearch

I'm really confused as to why she was home and not at work. Was she home sick? The fact that no one is acknowledging this discrepancy makes me think it's related to why she is missing. JMO. I could be way off.
I'm not sure it's been established that she was home during work hours. Wnk above posted a link to one source that said she left home "around" noon on Thursday (Sept. 22). But all of the other sources I've seen just said Thursday "afternoon." After all, a teacher could easily work a full day and still get home in the "afternoon." ???

Last edited:
I'm really confused as to why she was home and not at work. Was she home sick? The fact that no one is acknowledging this discrepancy makes me think it's related to why she is missing. JMO. I could be way off.
Yup, yup … and I don’t believe she was on her way to get lunch, though she might have told her husband that.

Very worried about her well-being. Her husband and children need her. Sending hugs to them and to Michelle.

I'm not sure it's been established that she was home during work hours. Wnk above posted a link to one source that said she left home "around" noon. But all of the other sources I've seen just said Thursday "afternoon." After all, a teacher could easily work a full day and still get home in the "afternoon." ???
The post the sheriff’s office shared on Facebook states, “Michelle has been missing since noon on Thursday 9/22/2022” (BBM):

I totally agree, it is critical.

I'm not sure it's been established that she was home during work hours. Wnk above posted a link to one source that said she left home "around" noon. But all of the other sources I've seen just said Thursday "afternoon." After all, a teacher could easily work a full day and still get home in the "afternoon." ???
I'm basing this off of the noon time frame. It's the newest info to come out. Not sure where People got it but they got it from somewhere. While People mag is...not primarily crime news based ..they don't put unverified information in their articles. So, until LE or someone close to the investigation denies that time then I will go with it. She absolutely could have been home after a full school work day, decided to leave to get something to eat but just for herself? She wasn't picking up dinner for her 3 children and her husband? Something is off....

Texas Equusearch is certainly a reliable source and they and others say Thursday "afternoon." Not trying to be argumentative, just pointing out that there is a legitimate discrepancy about the time she went missing. So I would consider the exact time she went missing in question until we get further information that clarifies it beyond a reasonable doubt. As we know, it's very common for things to be stated imprecisely early in an investigation, so just for the record... JMO, YMMV etc.

Texas Equusearch is certainly a reliable source and they and others say Thursday "afternoon." Not trying to be argumentative, just pointing out that there is a legitimate discrepancy about the time she went missing. So I would consider the exact time she went missing in question until we get further information that clarifies it beyond a reasonable doubt. As we know, it's very common for things to be stated imprecisely early in an investigation, so just for the record... JMO, YMMV etc.

I understand. Not trying to argue either. I will say that the Texas EquuSearch page may not have been updated with the new information yet. At the time that was all that was known. I wish LE or someone would confirm or deny the time. The people that need to know do and we just have to wait to see if we get to be privy to that information.

<modsnip - sleuthing family is not permitted> Tim Miller just gave an update on Fox26 news live with new surveillance but I don’t know how to link the station news report on just that news about Michelle. It is Fox 26 Houston, Texas. It will answer all of the previous questions in previous posts. I’m trying to link it.Fox 26 News with Tim Miller talks about newly released surveillance images of MR exiting her vehicle near the Mississippi River, where they plan on sending drones out over the area where she was last seen Early Friday morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:

Shortly after receiving word about the new video, Texas EquuSearch put a helicopter in the air, searching the banks of the Mississippi and the river itself for any sign of the missing mother. "We’re flying probably about 20 miles down the river, low flying. We’ve had a lot of success recovering victims with the helicopter," Miller explains.

"We know that Michelle was confused. There’s some things that were going on," Miller says, and he adds "In the beginning we were wondering was she carjacked? Is something else happening? Until we got that surveillance and yes, she parked at 12:01 p.m., got out of her car, and started walking. So we know now that foul play did not happen from point A to point B. Hopefully, she’s confused, and she’s wandering around over there and somebody's going to see her, and we’re going to get her back safe. That’s certainly the goal".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back