VA VA - Alyssa Nicole Taylor, 25, left for a few days in a tractor trailer, Accomack Co, 13 Sept 2022

ADMIN NOTE
At this time, the video of the crash site on Alyssa’s aunt’s FB is not approved.
WS TOS state that members may not link social media of family members.
Thank you for checking with us first.

Admin/Mod
CocoChanel

I'm wondering if she had met someone, and on the ride asked Danny to drop her off, and the other person(s) may not have had good intentions? Or she may have some demons we're not aware of, possibly has heard of the crash and it is too much for her?
I don’t believe, based on the general tenor of what people who knew him had to say about Danny, that he would have left her there. Even if exactly that had happened, if she had gone off with someone else. I think he would have insisted she take her phone, and would have stayed with the truck - with her blanket and belongings - until she re-emerged, even if it meant the delivery of chickens was late and problematic. She was a beautiful woman, a vulnerable woman, difficult life, he was someone who found purpose in caretaking, no judgment on my part and no assumptions of nobility. No one is perfect. I look at her, and him, and I think there was a very interesting relationship here that I don’t pretend to fully understand but that I am well-capable of respecting.

I don’t believe, based on the general tenor of what people who knew him had to say about Danny, that he would have left her there. Even if exactly that had happened, if she had gone off with someone else. I think he would have insisted she take her phone, and would have stayed with the truck - with her blanket and belongings - until she re-emerged, even if it meant the delivery of chickens was late and problematic. She was a beautiful woman, a vulnerable woman, difficult life, he was someone who found purpose in caretaking, no judgment on my part and no assumptions of nobility. No one is perfect. I look at her, and him, and I think there was a very interesting relationship here that I don’t pretend to fully understand but that I am well-capable of respecting.

I agree with you that I do not think he would have simply left her somewhere without a way of contact. I think she had her phone though based on the ping?

My understanding is her phone last pinged in the general vicinity of the known 2-3 minute stop? That isn't long enough for a rig to get fuel. It isn't long enough generally speaking to go in and purchase anything in a store. Possibly long enough for the dog to pee, but having owned a husky mix myself, they love to exercise, so I would think a doggy stop would be a little longer?

This really could go either way. I'm examining one direction because of concern Alyssa may still be out there alive, or could have been alive past the crash/not involved.

Another way of looking at possibilities, and this is purely that, speculation:

I agree Danny seemed a "caretaker", solid friend, from what we know of him. Alyssa had shared she was homeless. This trip still had her in the general vicinity of her family, her children and her ex husband. What if she had told Danny she wanted to meet up with someone and talk about a job and/or a place to stay while they were on the road? It seems natural to me her situation would have been something they discussed while traveling. If she was homeless, where was he returning her to at the end of the 2 days?

ALYSSA: “OK nice. I’m ready. I’m actually homeless right now needing place to stay and can ride all in one.”

Just some things I've been thinking about.

Last edited:
I also hope her family is able to do whatever is possible to have the remains of the truck examined to check for Alyssa's remains. I'm not sure what that would involve at this point, but there has to be something above/beyond the NC Highway Patrol?

Do we know if Alyssa was in communication with anyone during the ride?

Any updates to her social media accounts during the trip? It seems as though she may have used Facebook messenger rather than texting? At least that is the impression I am getting from the previously shared articles. I may be mistaken.

was the truck in such bad shape you couldn't tell if someone was in it? from what i saw it looked messed up but not to the point you couldnt find a second person. its not like she's a toddler size she's an adult so finding her would of been easy like him and the dog

Law enforcement is adamant that she wasn't in the vehicle when it wrecked and are pursuing this as a missing persons case external to the wreck. She hasn't been seen or heard from since the night of said wreck. If law enforcement knows more than the public, which they generally do, then foul play may indeed be a possibility. With the other facts as we know them, that would suggest that the driver wouldn't be as wholesome as indicated.

Occam's razor suggests law enforcement is wrong, however. And there are a host of legal reasons for them not to want (or try hard) to find a body this long after a wreck if indeed the wreck caused her demise.

JMO.

was the truck in such bad shape you couldn't tell if someone was in it? from what i saw it looked messed up but not to the point you couldnt find a second person. its not like she's a toddler size she's an adult so finding her would of been easy like him and the dog

It was really really bad, yes. I'm not sure what would be involved in locating remains. Personally I tend to think finding them would be possible if his small dog was found in the wreckage, but I'm really not sure. You would think LE would have spotted her bright pink fleece blanket? That doesn't seem like something a male truck driver in his 50s would typically travel with. Not to stereotype, but I would actually wonder if a child was with him if I saw that in a wreck.

I will go back now that I have a lunch break and see if I can find some MSM sources for you. I believe the bridge/overpass above is still closed.

From the little we know thus far, I think she was in the tractor-trailer when it crashed. I also think responding officers had no reason to believe anyone other than the driver was inside. The dog was a bonus. If the driver’s wallet/ID was recovered an officer might’ve contacted someone in his family who more than likely knew his only travel companion to be the dog and if they relayed that information to officials they would’ve had even less of a reason to collect ashes and/or perform a thorough and pointed sweep of the area for fragments of someone else’s bones or teeth.

I don’t blame them for the way they responded because how could they have known she was even a possibility that night? But to respond like this now that they do know about her and the possibility is there? Unfortunate. Maybe they are in the right to be confident in their handling/findings but I can’t help but think about how these adamant statements will look if it comes out that she actually had been in there.

/JMO
even worse he was hauling chickens there is bones and stench all over the area and the wreckage.

if you explore social media for certain lives u can see the remains of the rig and hear some circumstances of danny and dogs recovery.

BBM

Not necessarily. Crash victims have been missed before. Some of them have been found months or years later even though they were within yards of the crash site. This can occur because the victim lands in thick brush, in a ditch filled with muddy water, etc.
Absolutely true in some cases. In looking at the photo of this particular crash scene, there weren't any obvious areas where a victim would be found that stood out, no standing water areas, no greenery close by, no rough terrain. I wish I could find something more hopeful.

I can’t believe no one will check out the landfill. I know it’s expensive to search there but this is all so heartbreaking
Are you thinking she got to a landfill (where?) by means other than the semi-truck, because the truck company GPS records don't seem to show a stop that could be attributed to a visit to a landfill?

I have been following this case on social media. The family really needs local help searching the area of the accident and the landfill. Cost is a big concern due to small town budgets etc. Anyone know of any volunteer organizations in nc that could help? My opinion is she rode with the driver, was friends with him and he was a trustworthy guy. I don't think for a second he would've left her anywhere. The missed call could've been her calling from the sleeper area. I believe she was in the truck and her remains were overlooked or an explosion caused her remains to be thrown away from the immediate crash site. She would not have been secured with a seat belt if she was in the sleeper area. Praying for this family.

I believe the cab portion was torn open to recover the driver. The sleeper portion is completely gone. The remaining part of the cab was apparently taken to the landfill with the wreckage from the road

This case is strange seems like they would have found her. Maybe she was high or drunk and she was acting crazy so he kicked her out and now she's walking some place who knows if thats the case hopefully shed call someone for help by now.

The wreckage that was cleaned up was taken to the landfill
Ugh, I just saw this news video. The other reports didn't show so much.
You're so right, it should be the highest priority. Edit to add, the diesel gas tanks would have been closest to her in the sleeper.

Last edited:
I believe the cab portion was torn open to recover the driver. The sleeper portion is completely gone. The remaining part of the cab was apparently taken to the landfill with the wreckage from the road
IMO, it's extremely likely that her remains were partially destroyed in the post-crash fire and hauled to the landfill with the wreckage.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07
Back