ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Charles Vallow, 62, Oct 2019 *Arrests* #66

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The death of Mr. Cox" - looks like CD is going to throw LV under the bus just like you all predicted! And didn't Prior previously want the trial earlier than RW proposed?
How is JP going to spin Alex's death? As an admission of guilt in Tammy's death, since he died a day after her exhumation?

Chad and Tammy's children were told that Tammy died of asphyxiation. The children want to believe that it could have happened naturally or accidentally.
Of course, healthy middle age women die in bed all of the time. Why bother with an autopsy?!

CD introducing a new blonde GF within days of the funeral...nothing to see here.

Of course, healthy middle age women die in bed all of the time. Why bother with an autopsy?!

CD introducing a new blonde GF within days of the funeral...nothing to see here.
At least one of Chad's children claimed that Tammy had been ill in the days before she died, because she was going to bed early.

Chad Daybell is a writer, and he's had nearly three years now to use those skills to come up with plausible explanations for his actions. He's had three years to take the known facts and figure out what story he's going to tell the jury to make himself out to be the victim. And I think he's realized that the only way to do so is to pin it on Lori and paint himself as just some poor, hardworking family man and her as an obsessive superfan who couldn't tell fiction from reality -- which is also how I think he's going to try to explain away the "dark" and "light" ratings conversations -- as fiction, part of his books, that she took too literally and he had no idea they weren't "cosplaying" anymore until it was too late.

I think that initially, he might have wanted to come up with some story that would absolve them both so he could have his cake and eat it, too, but being a writer, I think he can see more clearly what an audience is going to find believable and how this story is going to end if he sticks with her.

(For reference, the joint charges were Tylee & JJ's murder charges and "conspiracy to commit murder and grand theft deception" in the deaths of Tylee, JJ, and Tammy. He's being charged individually with Tammy's murder and insurance fraud on her policy.)

Chad Daybell is a writer, and he's had nearly three years now to use those skills to come up with plausible explanations for his actions. He's had three years to take the known facts and figure out what story he's going to tell the jury to make himself out to be the victim. And I think he's realized that the only way to do so is to pin it on Lori and paint himself as just some poor, hardworking family man and her as an obsessive superfan who couldn't tell fiction from reality -- which is also how I think he's going to try to explain away the "dark" and "light" ratings conversations -- as fiction, part of his books, that she took too literally and he had no idea they weren't "cosplaying" anymore until it was too late.

I think that initially, he might have wanted to come up with some story that would absolve them both so he could have his cake and eat it, too, but being a writer, I think he can see more clearly what an audience is going to find believable and how this story is going to end if he sticks with her.

(For reference, the joint charges were Tylee & JJ's murder charges and "conspiracy to commit murder and grand theft deception" in the deaths of Tylee, JJ, and Tammy. He's being charged individually with Tammy's murder and insurance fraud on her policy.)
I think Chad will face some obstacles if he tries to keep known evidence away from the jury. He didn't write about the zombie doctrine in his books, nor about his dark/light rating system. He emailed Lori a list of her relatives with light/darkness designations soon after they met. It's hard to dismiss that as Lori's delusion. He emailed her a list of seven goals they were planning on accomplishing together.

Last edited:
I think Chad will face some obstacles if he tries to keep known evidence away from the jury. He didn't write about the zombie doctrine in his books, nor about his dark/light rating system. He emailed Lori a list of her relatives with light/darkness designations soon after they met. It's hard to dismiss that as Lori's delusion.
It's not about "keep[ing] known evidence away from the jury." It's about creating a cohesive story: filling in thought processes and motivations in a way that the jury will believe and sympathize with.

And any writer can tell you that only a fraction of what is plotted out, researched, and/or written ever actually makes its way into published books. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he insists his "zombie doctrine" was merely brainstorming ideas for future fictional works and that getting someone's "darkness" rating was a harmless game, like sorting them into a Hogwarts house. Only time will tell, though, if he's a skilled enough storyteller to convince anyone.

It's not about "keep[ing] known evidence away from the jury." It's about creating a cohesive story: filling in thought processes and motivations in a way that the jury will believe and sympathize with.

And any writer can tell you that only a fraction of what is plotted out, researched, and/or written ever actually makes its way into published books. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he insists his "zombie doctrine" was merely brainstorming ideas for future fictional works and that getting someone's "darkness" rating was a harmless game, like sorting them into a Hogwarts house. Only time will tell, though, if he's a skilled enough storyteller to convince anyone.
What a coincidence that his wife's death percentage was falling and that she became possessed by a zombie named Viola. It was all just a game. Somebody forgot to tell Tammy. Charles and the kids becoming possessed must have been a game, too.

Chad might have written books, but that doesn't mean that he was a good writer.

What a coincidence that his wife's death percentage was falling and that she became possessed by a zombie named Viola. It was all just a game. Somebody forgot to tell Tammy. Charles and the kids becoming possessed must have been a game, too.

Chad might have written books, but that doesn't mean that he was a good writer.
Right. And he was a Fantasy writer.

We should all be vigilant and not afraid to call CPS if we feel a child is

He’s actually a pretty awful writer. Tammy pulled his drafts out of the crapper for him and now, oh well. But I think you’re on the right track.

At least one of Chad's children claimed that Tammy had been ill in the days before she died, because she was going to bed early.
I believe Tammy was worried sick in the days before she died. Charles had emailed her about their spouses, someone had tried to shoot her, and she probably noticed a change in Chad (as wives can do). By going to bed early, and possibly taking a sleeping pill, she could forget about it for a while.

I believe Tammy was worried sick in the days before she died. Charles had emailed her about their spouses, someone had tried to shoot her, and she probably noticed a change in Chad (as wives can do). By going to bed early, and possibly taking a sleeping pill, she could forget about it for a while.

And -- IIRC she was training for a 5K? Was she going to bed 'early' in order to get up early to run before work?

Adulting, ya'know.

IMHO Tammy did the bulk of the Adulting in that household jmho.

jmho ymmv lrr

I can almost envision CD making a deal regarding the death of JJ and Tylee, but would he actually go for this regarding Tammy's death?

And, since we're just tossing around thoughts of a plea deal... Is an Alford plea possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123