Circumstances​

Date of Last Contact January 1, 2005
NamUs Case Created September 13, 2022

Last Known Location Map

Location Miami, Oklahoma
County Ottawa County
Missing From Tribal Land No
Primary Residence on Tribal Land--
Circumstances of Disappearance Judy last contacted her family sometime in 2005 where she indicated she was in the Miami, Oklahoma area. No one has seen or heard from her since.

Physical Description​

Hair Color Red/Auburn
Head Hair Description--
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye Color Green
Right Eye Color Green

There's also a dedicated FB page with many more photos and information about her. Sounds like she was originally from Utah. Her last known location was in Miami, Oklahoma, with migrant farm workers. She also used the last names Cook and McMackin

Screen Shot 2022-09-29 at 4.35.17 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-09-29 at 4.35.56 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-09-29 at 4.36.20 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-09-29 at 4.37.03 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-09-29 at 4.36.55 PM.png

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) UP14403

Found in Miami in July 2015 but the DOD is somewhere between 2003 and 2013. She’s listed as Hispanic/Latino but no hair color, height or weight listed.

View attachment 369717View attachment 369716
I hope you are going to submit this possible match, it is very good imo. All available stats line up. With regards to race/ethnicity as Hispanic/Latino, I would certainly like to know how that was determined and at the end of the day as I understand it, anthropologically speaking the race classification is still Caucasian (unless there could be an admixture of some type that was determined forensically which is not indicated). I've seen cases where ethnicity was an assumption based on location of the remains, say for example in a migrant labor camp where the majority of the population is a certain ethnicity. Ms. Ririe was last known to be in Miami and at least with one of the posts in the thread was to be with migrant workers. In addition, the reconstruction is just what it is, which is likely higher age range and quite frankly, not that good from my perspective. While I respect the artist's contribution and efforts to the cause, I have yet to see a reconstruction done by the artist that was imo very close. Having said that, I still do see similarities with distances between hard and soft surfaces as well as the line of the nose and eyes.

I hope you are going to submit this possible match, it is very good imo. All available stats line up. With regards to race/ethnicity as Hispanic/Latino, I would certainly like to know how that was determined and at the end of the day as I understand it, anthropologically speaking the race classification is still Caucasian (unless there could be an admixture of some type that was determined forensically which is not indicated). I've seen cases where ethnicity was an assumption based on location of the remains, say for example in a migrant labor camp where the majority of the population is a certain ethnicity. Ms. Ririe was last known to be in Miami and at least with one of the posts in the thread was to be with migrant workers. In addition, the reconstruction is just what it is, which is likely higher age range and quite frankly, not that good from my perspective. While I respect the artist's contribution and efforts to the cause, I have yet to see a reconstruction done by the artist that was imo very close. Having said that, I still do see similarities with distances between hard and soft surfaces as well as the line of the nose and eyes.
I just sent a message to Michael Nance, the NamUs rep. If for no other reason than location and timing, I think it should be looked at. Bone structure (in my very amateur opinion) is very close.

I’ll keep y’all updated!

Not much here to go on. I wonder if she had any telling health issues or had any personal items that were important to her?

Judy-Ririe.jpg

Judy Lynn Cook Ririe, 36, has been missing from Miami, Oklahoma since January 1st, 2005.

When she last spoke to her family in 2005 she told them she was in the Miami area. She hasn’t been seen since and her family has not heard from her. She is from the Bountiful, Utah area, I believe, and used to live in Morgan, Utah.

Judy was 5’2 and 95-120lbs with red/auburn hair and green eyes. She was born in December 1968. She is #MP95236 in NaMus.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back