Identified! CA - Long Beach - WhtMale 15-19 - 1392UMCA - 'Paid' stamp on hand- Jun'78 - Kenneth Nevada Williams

Maybe they felt ashamed. Might've had religious prejudices toward that lifestyle. Maybe they were homophobic and didn't want to be known as the parents of the "dead Gay victim"
Maybe they had read about it in the paper that witnesses said they saw him at a gay bar. If the family was so in denial they might have issues with it, especially if he never CAME OUT to them..
Or maybe they never saw the post in the paper. Maybe when searching for a kid who had runaway multiple times it didn't occur too them to check the morgue. Maybe they are reading these comments now and it is like a gut punch. Just thought I would add to the "discussion"

Your absolutely right about
Or maybe they never saw the post in the paper. Maybe when searching for a kid who had runaway multiple times it didn't occur too them to check the morgue. Maybe they are reading these comments now and it is like a gut punch. Just thought I would add to the "discussion"
Welcome to WS. You're absolutely right.

The cause of death being asphyxiation
White male
15-19 years old
5'7"
120-140lbs
We're missing something. We're looking at grown men, I'm wondering if he was much younger than anticipated. 12 to 16 years old.
??? Maybe THATS the reason nobody is coming forward.
There are multiple artist renderings that don't look like the same person and none of them look like the autopsy photo. Maybe no one is coming forward because they don't recognize him.

There are potentially countless reasons as to why this poor young man hasn’t been identified or why the family hasn’t come forward (that we are aware of).

I think we are all here for the same reasons - to see him identified, see his family receive answers/closure, and see justice served! I’m sure I speak for the majority here when I say we have meant no harm or disrespect in our posts.

I am wondering if this couldn't be as simple as a robbery. Maybe a few people in a car gave the kid a ride coming away from a club. He had a "paid" stamp but no wallet or money. If he was as young as 15 or 16 it is reasonable to believe he didn't have a car or a license. Could it be that he was in the back seat of a car, someone fought with him for his money, ultimately killing him than just took whatever was in his pockets and pushed him out of the car? The car had to be moving slowly, maybe turning off one street and on to another?

I am wondering if this couldn't be as simple as a robbery. Maybe a few people in a car gave the kid a ride coming away from a club. He had a "paid" stamp but no wallet or money. If he was as young as 15 or 16 it is reasonable to believe he didn't have a car or a license. Could it be that he was in the back seat of a car, someone fought with him for his money, ultimately killing him than just took whatever was in his pockets and pushed him out of the car? The car had to be moving slowly, maybe turning off one street and on to another?
That sounds plausible. His Doe Network link states he may have been killed elsewhere and dumped at the location he was found. Inside of a vehicle would be considered elsewhere I think.

The Unidentified's body was found dumped there around 4am on June 4,1978
There was a Bob Dylan concert in Los Angeles about 10 hours before
That's only 24 miles away (see map below)
Maybe he went there first and was dumped on the way back.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220930-150613_Maps-01.jpeg
    Screenshot_20220930-150613_Maps-01.jpeg
    99.8 KB · Views: 2
The Unidentified's body was found dumped there around 4am on June 4,1978
There was a Bob Dylan concert in Los Angeles about 10 hours before
That's only 24 miles away (see map below)
Maybe he went there first and was dumped on the way back.
This was brought up by another member on page 17 of the thread.

I wonder if the paid stamp was given to attendees.

This was brought up by another member on page 17 of the thread.

I wonder if the paid stamp was given to attendees.
Could be, but it feels like a stamp like that is too generic. Universal isn't festival seating. You had to buy a ticket even back in the 70's. (I am that old). Anyone could buy a stamp that says paid which makes me think it was either a club or even a large open party. I do remember going to parties where you paid going in and you would get a stamped. Did they have large open parties in Belmont Shores in the 70's? Although if it were that easy it probably would have been tracked down back in 1978.

Could be, but it feels like a stamp like that is too generic. Universal isn't festival seating. You had to buy a ticket even back in the 70's. (I am that old). Anyone could buy a stamp that says paid which makes me think it was either a club or even a large open party. I do remember going to parties where you paid going in and you would get a stamped. Did they have large open parties in Belmont Shores in the 70's? Although if it were that easy it probably would have been tracked down back in 1978.
Also perhaps a reason that he was wearing. Bob Dylan had released a song called "TANGLED UP IN BLUE" in 1975 that was t very popular at that time.
Citing : Tangled Up In Blue | The Official Bob Dylan Site
For a male to wear ALL BLUE. DOWN TO THE SOCKS. It's usually sports related or something close to their heart. Just a thought

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221001-005642_Chrome-01.jpeg
    Screenshot_20221001-005642_Chrome-01.jpeg
    23.4 KB · Views: 4
Facial comparison of Long Beach John Doe 1978 *POST MORTEM AT LINK** The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
to
David Mark Schwarzschild The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Take the missing date OUT of the equation, because the person that might've reported him missing could've had a hand in the death of the unidentified and tried to destroy the timeline and cover their tracks. BOTH had
BROWN HAIR and HAZEL EYES.
which would've been documented in that US PASSPORT that these pontiff are obviously taken from given the seal of the United States around the photo)
So those facts: eye and hair color, and height COULDN'T have been lied about, but the DATE of Disappearance COULD'VE been LIED about.
First photo below is the photo comparison.
Second photo is an article that raises questions to me about the TRUE HEIGHT of the LONG BEACH JOHN DOE.
It states he was 5ft 11in tall
Close to the height of 5ft 10in tall of David Mark Schwarzschild.
If that were the unidentified's TRUE height. Then that's the reason we couldn't identify him.
Both look alike, both have brown hair and HAZEL eyes also.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221001-020518_Gallery-01.jpeg
    Screenshot_20221001-020518_Gallery-01.jpeg
    110.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20221001-015048_Chrome-01.jpeg
    Screenshot_20221001-015048_Chrome-01.jpeg
    84.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited by a moderator:
Another comparison of Long Beach John Doe 1978 to David Mark Schwarzschild

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221001-023332_Pixlr-01.jpeg
    Screenshot_20221001-023332_Pixlr-01.jpeg
    104.7 KB · Views: 3
The photo does look a lot like the artist rendering of John Doe, however the David Mark Schwarzschild does not resemble the autopsy photo as much. John Doe had a narrower nose. I wonder if they have Davids DNA to compare to.

Off to bump David's thread..

In 1978 you could still disappear. People actually enjoyed the freedom of starting a new life back then without having a huge enabling safety net. I know this guy was found deceased, but maybe he set off and his family was like good luck! or they had a fight.

In 1978 you could still disappear. People actually enjoyed the freedom of starting a new life back then without having a huge enabling safety net. I know this guy was found deceased, but maybe he set off and his family was like good luck! or they had a fight.

That was also pretty common in the 70's, people leaving over lifestyle differences or kids being thrown out for being too political or gay or whatever.

Dumping a BODY on a street in Los Angeles, even in '79 and even in the wee hours of the morning seems unnecessarily risky. If he was already dead why not down a freeway embankment? In a dumpster? In the LA river? Panic and/or urgency. So either the killer wasn't the dumper, or the killer was THAT blase. And by blase I mean a psychopath and/or someone under the influence of something. The third option is the body was dumped to taunt LE, but since no follow up communications (that we know of), hard to say.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back