ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #4

Tom Bearson's father on coping with son's death (sctimes.com)

It seems there is some new information that we did not have several years ago. One is that Tom died from homicidal asphyxia, and he had been consuming alcohol but it did not cause his death. He also had two prescription medications in his system, but he did not overdose. Also I always thought that the alarm of Tom missing began with him not catching a ride home with friends at noon on Saturday. He was reported as missing on Saturday at 5:30 pm. He was reportedly last seen Saturday at 3:40 am leaving a house party that was 6 blocks from his dorm. From the above video and article link below it, it is said that actually his parents became concerned "very early on" and actually drove to Fargo in the middle of the night "not getting a wink of sleep" and proceeded to search for him over 3 days time because he wasn't answering calls or texts from them on Friday night and into Saturday early hours, and they were contacting his room-mate and friends.

"They left him countless messages all sent to voicemail. They contacted his friends. And they drove from their Sartell home to Fargo, North Dakota, his college town, in the middle of the night, neither one getting a wink of sleep.
Greg recalls pulling back the blinds of the hotel room the next morning and seeing bright sunny skies, hoping it was a good sign. About five minutes later, he watched dark clouds roll in over it."

His father speaks of searching alone for Tom some, even looking in ditches. We know Tom snapchatted with PF @ approx 1:20 am., and was said to be in a good mood and having fun. Tom had shared with his room-mate (after getting the DUI and getting quite intoxicated several times) that he needed to quit doing so because for one reason that he was paying for college himself.
We now know that Tom did have alcohol in his system at death, but it was not the COD.
Did Tom take his backpack because he initially planned to be going home? He tweeted "Never thought I'd be bored on a Friday night". It was Homecoming weekend.
His father spoke of being fully aware that Tom had been drinking, but that "he had pledged to do better" just the previous weekend when he had gone home. He apparently had not YET missed his ride to Sartell when his parents became concerned, it was that he was not answering his phone or responding to texts much earlier, he was again consuming alcohol, and partying. Quite common for many new college students, fresh away from home, living somewhat on their own for the first time.
Why is a reward or a private investigator not being considered?

There is a podcast called "Who killed Tommy" on Spotify and there is an interesting episode where a forensic investigator (not tied to the case) discusses Tom's COD, and touches on profiling with causes of death.

Is anyone still in here having thoughts on this case like I still am? This seems as if it should be solvable. I hope it is. Justice For Tommy
I agree. After listening to the "Who Killed Tommy" series, revisiting this thread and re -reading some of the news articles I see things differently. There are some missing pieces in the timeline. I will never understand why there has been no reward offered up for information in this case.

Inforum.com - MOORHEAD — Tuesday, Sept. 20, marks eight years since the disappearance of Tommy Bearson.

The Moorhead Police Department said new advancements and technology have them hopeful more answers will be coming soon.

Police said they still have full teams processing information involving Bearson's death and that the case is very active. They swap information with the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension's crime labs, and through technological advancements, they are able to examine more evidence and information than in the past.

<modsnip for copyright>

1717460+0512Bearsonbasketball.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
“ Authorities are saying the death investigation surrounding an NDSU student is not a cold case.”

No new info unfortunately but it’s great to know they don’t consider it a cold case!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back