CA - 4 Family Members Kidnapped From Business, Merced County, Oct 2022 *arrest*

MassGuy

The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed
Reaction score
MERCED, Calif. -- Merced County deputies say they are searching for four family members who were kidnapped from a business in Merced.

Deputies are searching for 36-year-old Jasdeep Singh, 27-year-old Jasleen Kaur, their eight-month-old child and 39-year-old Amandeep Singh.

Investigators say the four were taken from a business in the 800 Block of South Highway 59.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the Merced County Sheriff's Office.

There is no suspect description at this time.

This is very disturbing.
There are many questions, some of them I don’t even want to form in my head.
4 members of the same family were kidnapped from “a business”. I had assumed it was a family business but article did not state that. It only said a business. Someone witnessed this and reported it, or the kidnapper(s) left a note perhaps. This is very disturbing and terrifying. I pray this ends peacefully.

So many questions. They were taken from their business? Or just a business? Was this an actual building or a home residence, a warehouse? What is the relationships here between the kidnapped victims?

There must be video surveillance or a witness because the statement says LE believes the suspect is armed and dangerous, do not approach. I wonder if this is a business dispute or personal. It doesn't seem like a random robber would kidnap a family including an infant.

There must be video surveillance or a witness because the statement says LE believes the suspect is armed and dangerous, do not approach. I wonder if this is a business dispute or personal. It doesn't seem like a random robber would kidnap a family including an infant.
…were taken against their will from a business on South Highway 59, a roadway lined with retailers and restaurants, officials said.

BBM…Hopefully these retailers and restaurants have useful video surveillance.

Merced Sheriff's Office has posted pictures of the suspect.

UPDATE! We believe this to be the suspect in today's kidnapping. He is described as a light-complected male with a shaved head. He was last seen wearing a hoodie. We consider the suspect to be armed and dangerous. If you see this person, please call 9.1.1. and do not approach him or the victims. We're asking that anyone with information regarding the identity of this suspect to contact the Merced County Sheriff's Office Investigations Bureau at 209.385.7445.

MERCED, Calif. -- Merced County deputies say they are searching for four family members who were kidnapped from a business in Merced.

Deputies are searching for 36-year-old Jasdeep Singh, 27-year-old Jasleen Kaur, their eight-month-old child and 39-year-old Amandeep Singh.

Investigators say the four were taken from a business in the 800 Block of South Highway 59.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the Merced County Sheriff's Office.

There is no suspect description at this time.

I wonder whether this is the first time that a family, couple with young children, is abducted while altogether. I seem to recall a similar situation - in the UK ? - and it was financially motivated, can't remember the details offhand. Will look for a link.

The entire family was together at their business, three adults one infant? They didn't all work there, one of them must have been there to look after the child?

1664855558846.png

Merced Sheriff's Office has posted pictures of the suspect.

UPDATE! We believe this to be the suspect in today's kidnapping. He is described as a light-complected male with a shaved head. He was last seen wearing a hoodie. We consider the suspect to be armed and dangerous. If you see this person, please call 9.1.1. and do not approach him or the victims. We're asking that anyone with information regarding the identity of this suspect to contact the Merced County Sheriff's Office Investigations Bureau at 209.385.7445.
From the Merced County Sheriff Office link: the single suspect who commandeered two men, a woman and infant?

1664856292738.png

Trucking business, it appears.

https://safer.fmcsa.dot.gov/query.a...apshot&query_param=USDOT&query_string=3023904

If we add the address in those documents, it narrows down home to work distance and route.
1664856802661.png

If the above info is correct, something to do with the trucking industry. This route might be home to work. The entire family is missing, home address and work address are crime scenes. Other than financial, why else would someone take two generations of a family?

1664857065423.png

Seems like needle in a haystack without a big clue.

1664857398301.png

That's what guns are for. I'd be surprised if he didn't have help though.
Abducting two men in their late 30s with a wife and infant would go more smoothly with more than one abductor. With one attacker, I would hope they would all gang up on the attacker and either end up on the ground with wounds, or overcome the single abductor.

Is there any evidence of injury at the location of the abduction? Sorry, haven't read the articles yet. Did they appear to go willingly?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back