CA - 4 Family Members Kidnapped From Business, Merced County, Oct 2022 *arrest*

MERCED, Calif. -- Merced County deputies say they are searching for four family members who were kidnapped from a business in Merced.

Deputies are searching for 36-year-old Jasdeep Singh, 27-year-old Jasleen Kaur, their eight-month-old child and 39-year-old Amandeep Singh.

Investigators say the four were taken from a business in the 800 Block of South Highway 59.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the Merced County Sheriff's Office.

There is no suspect description at this time.

"We've got evidence to indicate that the individuals involved in this destroyed evidence in an attempt to cover their tracks," said Warnke.

this worries me even more.

MERCED, Calif. (KSEE/KGPE) – Relatives of the family of four kidnapped in Merced County on Monday pleaded with the kidnapper to let them go. The kidnapped family includes an eight-month-old baby.

A wife and cousin spoke out less than 24 hours after their relatives were kidnapped from their family-owned business “Unison Trucking” in Merced.

“Please think of us, I’m begging in front of people who took my family from me please let them go safely,” said Jaspreet Kaur, whose husband is missing.

“My husband my brother in law my sister in law and my niece are missing and my niece she’s just an eight-month-old kid and she doesn’t have any food with them”

She says her husband 39-year-old Amandeep Singh was going to work this morning around 8:00 a.m. that it wasn’t until 11:00 a.m. when they got a call from the business saying no one was at the front desk.

“I tried to call him so many times around 11:45 a.m. but his phone is going directly to the voicemail,” added Kaur.

Continues at link
I hope if there is a business partner LE is taking a good hard look at him / her. I'm not accusing them in any way, shape or form. It's just that there are serious shades of the McStay family for me.

I would also look into X employees/unhappy customers/neighbors etc. Also the picture of the suspect is carrying a garbage bag? If this was about stealing why take the family? Very scary. IMO

I'm thinking disgruntled employee related to the trucking business. Since it was a family business, perhaps the wife was working there, also, and so the child would be at the office as well. I think this definitely was a grudge, against the business owner and staff who were owner, brother, and brother's wife, I think he targeted all three of them related to whatever happened at the business, perhaps also a hate crime, but that was not the primary motive.
Just some early thoughts.

I'm thinking disgruntled employee related to the trucking business.
That is a good possibility. It could also involve a large number of people. My vague understanding is that the trucking industry, uses two types of drivers:

A. Driver is a direct employee of the company
B. Independent truckers contracting for a series of loads, or just one load.

As the victim's company was small, they might be heavily reliant on "B" type drivers. I wish I knew how large the number of different contractors was likely to be, in addition to how payments are structured.

Several members here have husbands who are truckers. Hoping they see the thread.
I think he targeted all three of them related to whatever happened at the business, perhaps also a hate crime, but that was not the primary motive.
Well said.

I am also thinking of economics being the primary motive, but the fact that the victims could well be of a different ethnicity than the perpetrator then serving as an aggravating factor that leads to a more extreme response.

I have a friend who is a truck driver. He has commented that it can be quite competitive. When business is up, there is a great need for drivers. But when the need diminishes, such as happens during an economic downturn, someone has to take fewer hours and drive fewer loads. Sometimes drivers are let go altogether. It can get ugly. My friend said he's even noticed a building resentment towards the employers, who are perceived to be unphased by the impact these decisions have on the drivers.
Of course, employers are simply trying to adjust to supply and demand, so I'm sure its difficult all around.

Since there are so many restaurants and businesses along that road hopefully some had cameras that might have caught the suspect’s vehicle.

An awful situation :(
I wonder if the suspect's vehicle was some type of van or truck? There would be at least 5 people (well, 4 adults and an infant), and likely more, in need of transport.

I'd actually be surprised if there wasn't a big development today. Regardless of how much planning went into this, there's going to be footage of this vehicle somewhere, or someone is going to recognize that guy. Kidnapping is probably the highest priority crime, and we're talking about 4 people here, to include a baby. I'm sure they're throwing everything they have at this, to include the resources of the FBI.

I wonder if the suspect's vehicle was some type of van or truck? There would be at least 5 people (well, 4 adults and an infant), and likely more, in need of transport.
Cargo van? Box truck? It seems like it would attract attention if several people were piled into a car. And how would one kidnapper drive while keeping a gun on three adults?
More than one person involved in the kidnapping?

So many questions :(

From the Merced County Sheriff Office link: the single suspect who commandeered two men, a woman and infant?

View attachment 370767
The suspect is wearing "capri" style trousers and seemingly "clunky", or industrial style heavy shoes. They could be steel toed as well as the toe area of the shoes seems unusually broad.

In either case, and unlike women who wear "capris", the suspect seems to be hopelessly fashion challenged. Rather, every article of clothing is completely utilitarian / work purposed.

I am thinking, and not surprising given the victim's trucking business, a warehouse employee or a shipping terminal employee. Warehouse and shipping terminal employees don't need the full protective clothing of construction or other industrial employees (heavy jeans, full boots).

As a result, they can go for a little more comfort ("capri" type trousers, industrial shoes, possibly steel toed etc). In addition, the suspect looks like he is wearing layered clothing.

Layered clothing is pretty common in shipping terminals / warehouses as there can be big differences in the outside temperature verse the inside temperature due to shaded buildings. Employees will often wear heavier clothing in shaded terminals which can stay cold, then take off the out layer when outside in the sunlight where it is warmer (and vise versa).

I'd actually be surprised if there wasn't a big development today. Regardless of how much planning went into this, there's going to be footage of this vehicle somewhere, or someone is going to recognize that guy. Kidnapping is probably the highest priority crime, and we're talking about 4 people here, to include a baby. I'm sure they're throwing everything they have at this, to include the resources of the FBI.
I sure hope so!

This guy has to realize that he is either going to go to prison or die (either self inflicted or by cop), that can be the only outcomes I see here, I just pray he doesn't harm this beautiful family. Its over for him. @MassGuy, you're right this will be solved soon.

Edited to add IMO MOO

Agree with you they are probably Sikh. Which without being stereotypical opens up the possibility of these victims crossing paths with the kidnappers at a volunteer event. Sikh's are some of the most philanthropic people with their time and money, which obviously is a generalization but read about a natural disaster or an emergency and not far behind will be a story about Sikh's opening up a food pantry and hot fresh food for free.
almost all of the highways in central cali have signs that their sikh community donated to its upkeep.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back