CA - 4 Family Members Kidnapped From Business, Merced County, Oct 2022 *arrest*

In an interview the cousin said the suspect was outside the store collecting garbage, and when they went inside they were going to give him more recyclables to take with him. They offered him juice to make him whole and shortly after that, were abducted.

That was the cousin's speculation. He would have no way to know those specific details. He said maybe something like that happened. When I have a chance I'll find the exact quote.

Last edited:
My thoughts all MOO:
1. the direct glance at the camera by one of the men/family upon walking into the business first thing in the morning makes me go hmmmm
2. Why isn't the dog moving around in the back yard of the business trailer? Is it tied? Or does the dog know the perp as he is wagging its tail?
3. Perp doesn't even flinch when he opens the back door and walks out and sees the dog, as if he knows it won't do anything.
4. Woman is not restrained when she leaves.

Most importantly, truck leaves at 9:13 and back at 9:19. The men were taken somewhere and back in 6 minutes.

EDIT: oh, and of course that the perp was greeted out of camera view and walked back with the family member into the trailer....

Not doubting the cousin, but how does he know that?
Maybe he saw the security footage. He also said he spoke to another family member, I think the wife of the baby's uncle that was taken? Maybe she watched the video or she was at the store. That's about all they know since he said LE hasn't shared any information with them.

I wonder if the suspect was collecting recyclables as he was walking up the road carrying the plastic bag. It almost sounds like he acted on impulse, although I think he may have been hiding the gun in the bag. I doubt the family ever suspected a thing. They welcomed him into their business and in turn he kidnaps them. Or worse.

That he won't cooperate with investigators is not a good sign. He apparently wouldn't even tell his family what he did or where the victims are.

My thoughts all MOO:
1. the direct glance at the camera by one of the men/family upon walking into the business first thing in the morning makes me go hmmmm
2. Why isn't the dog moving around in the back of the business trailer? Is it tied? Or does the dog know the perp as he is wagging its tail?
3. Perp doesn't even flinch when he opens the back door and walks out and sees the dog, as if he knows it won't do anything.
4. Woman is not restrained when she leaves.

Most importantly, truck leaves at 9:13 and back at 9:19. The men were taken somewhere 6 minutes away.
I thought it looked like the dog was chained/tied.

That was the cousin's specuation. He would have no way to know those specific details. He said maybe something like that happened. When I have a chance I'll find the exact quote.
That makes sense. In their faith it is customary to nourish people in need. That's probably why he said they gave him juice to "make him whole." Imo

The suspect looked at the camera when he was entering the business so he did know that there were cameras still he showed his gun and openly captivated the family. How is this possible? The family were expecting him that's for sure because jagdeep went out to let him in.
Can't get my mind around this.
hope they're safe

This is crazy. Why the two trips taking first the men then the unrestrained mom and baby. Did mom call 911 in the time she was left alone with baby?
She may have been restrained while he was gone with the men. I believe she's unrestrained while being taken to the vehicle so that she could hold the baby. I'm sure he still had a gun on her.

From the video clips shown in the presser, it looked like the perp took the man and came back for the woman and baby, and she was not zip tied ?
So then I thought, he must have disabled the land lines (if they had that, some places do not due to cell phone coverage), or took their phones so she couldn't call for help ?

What about her running out of the building and flagging down a passing car ?
It was infuriating to see the passing (oblivious) traffic.
But then-- what if the perp said : "I'll hurt your husband and brother-in-law if you do anything."
In which case I suspect many of us would do nothing that would risk our loved ones being hurt !
Horrid.

I'd assume they're pinging their phones and have been from the time of the abductions.
M00.
I'm sure the mother wasn't going to do anything that would put her baby at risk. As a mother myself I can understand that.

The suspect looked at the camera when he was entering the business so he did know that there were cameras still he showed his gun and openly captivated the family. How is this possible? The family were expecting him that's for sure because jagdeep went out to let him in.
Can't get my mind around this.
hope they're safe
They probably thought he was a customer. In Eliza Fletcher's case, the entire abduction was caught on camera as well. Criminals can be incredibly stupid sometimes. Imo

My thoughts all MOO:

Snipped by me

I thought that as well. Then I tried to rationalise it by thinking, well they were only open about a week so the cameras are a new thing, maybe it's a habit that he looks at them, hasn't got used to ignoring them yet. And they're motion activated so maybe he gets a phone notification when they switch on, so maybe that's why the camera was in his mind so he looked up at it. But I still think Hmmm. There are possibilities.

MOO

Edited to add - I'm hoping the suspect just admits it all and lays everything out. :( just give it all up. Please.

Bizarre. What would be the motive to come back after he had the men? Presumably if he had wanted the bank card and PIN he had it by then. The woman could have called the police by then, escaped, someone else might have shown up etc...

It seems to me they would want all dash cam footage of vehicles near the burned out truck, if there were any. Also they would want lots of video footage from a 3-4 minute radius around the business. They did not ask anyone for possible footage from the burned out truck area. Lots of people have dash cams these days.

Bizarre. What would be the motive to come back after he had the men? Presumably if he had wanted the bank card and PIN he had it by then. The woman could have called the police by then, escaped, someone else might have shown up etc...
If the woman was restrained (tied up) when he left the first time, how could she have called LE? LE hasn't said she was tied up but IMO that is the only way he would have felt safe leaving her behind.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back