Found Deceased GA - Quinton Simon, 1, missing from home, discovered gone by mom, Savannah, 5 Oct 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
20-month-old Quinton Simon has been missing from his home in the 500 block of Buckhalter since 6 a.m. this morning. Reported missing at 9 a.m. Wearing a light blue Sesame Street shirt and black pants. Call 9-1-1 with info. More details will be released as we get them.

C1BDFA02-0982-4C72-8813-ABD3E35B966F.jpeg

UPDATE: 10/5/22 3:33 pm
“This is a fluid situation. All things are still possible. We don’t have one concrete theory…all things are possible.” Chatham County Police Chief Jeff Hadley.

Chief just met with the media. Here is the latest information:
CCPD dispatched at 9:42 am this morning to Quinton Simons’ residence, where his mother reported him missing.
An Amber Alert was not issued because there is nothing to indicate at this time that the child was abducted—and, evidence of an abduction is necessary for an Amber Alert.

This does not appear to be a custody dispute, and all parties are cooperating with investigators.
We have responded to two calls for service at this home in the last two years. Neither were for a report of a missing child.

The search remains very active with K-9 units from the Liberty County Sheriff’s Office, mounted patrol units from The Savannah Police Department, dozens of police officers from numerous agencies—including the Chatham County Sheriff’s Office—currently conducting grid searches of the area. We’ve used our drone and Chatham County’s helicopter for air searches. CEMA is assisting with coordination and operational needs.

We are focused on finding Quinton.

UPDATE : 10/5/22 2:48 pm

Buckhalter Road has re-opened to traffic.

UPDATE: 10/5/22 2:04 pm

We’re shutting down Garrard Avenue between Chatham Parkway and Louis B Mills as we continue our search for Quinton Simon. Buckhalter Rd is closed between the overpass and Garrard.

UPDATE: 10/5/22 12:34 pm

We are continuing to actively search the area for Quinton. We are on foot, using a drone, and have the assistance of the Liberty County Sheriff’s Office K-9 Unit. We’ll continue to keep you posted.

There is now a dedicated Timeline/Media/Maps thread NO DISCUSSION for Quinton here:
GA - GA - Quinton Simon, 1, Savannah, 5 Oct 2022 TIMELINE/MEDIA/MAPS *NO DISCUSSION*

Attachments

• 3C4BB67C-6B3E-4D25-8ADC-0EB066FA1B7E.jpeg
    3C4BB67C-6B3E-4D25-8ADC-0EB066FA1B7E.jpeg
    100.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
yikes, lots of wide open spaces and woodlands full GA pines where could a 20 month get off to on his own without assistance? It appears mom woke around 9 to discover him no longer in the playpen, where she last saw him, presumably at 6am.

-------------------------------
The mother of 20-month-old Quinton Simon told officers the boy had been in his playpen before she discovered he was missing, Chatham County Police Chief Jeff Hadley said.
[snip]
The police chief said officers had contacted the boy’s biological father and did not believe he was involved. Officers also performed a cursory search of the child’s home but didn’t find him hiding inside, he added.

Police were obtaining a warrant to conduct a more thorough search, though Hadley said investigators had no evidence of foul play.
Police searching for missing toddler in Georgia neighborhood

SAVANNAH, Ga. - Police are searching a coastal Georgia neighborhood for a toddler whose mother called 911 saying the boy was missing when she woke up.

Chatham County Police Chief Jeff Hadley said the mother told officers that 20-month-old Quinton Simon had been in his playpen before he went missing Wednesday morning.

Police were obtaining a warrant to conduct a more thorough search, though Hadley said investigators had no evidence of foul play.
Police searching for missing toddler in Georgia neighborhood
(I cut that off too soon. Previous sentence was:
Officers also performed a cursory search of the child’s home but didn’t find him hiding inside, he added.)

Police need a warrant to do a more thorough search?? I hope that doesn't mean that the mother won't let them search without a warrant. Maybe they just want to be sure that everything is legal.

How would a 20 month old climb out of a playpen on his own? Le need to see if there is anything in the playpen to stand and climb out of. I don’t see this happening by himself and wandering off. Moo
My son was running by 1 year. Walking at 7 months, and getting out of his crib by 12 months as well.
IMO that’s not unheard of.

Missing at 6 AM..how would anyone know what time unless there is camera footage. Such an odd assumption which all of my red flags went off.
I’ve heard this all before. But I’m still hoping that little darling Quinton is found safe and unharmed!

Local links.

Based on the limited info we have gotten thus far it seems like mother saw him at 6am, placed him in a playpen, went back to sleep, and then on waking again at 9, found he was no longer in the playpen. My kids were all early walkers so I can see a 20 month old making it out of his playpen on his own. My oldest was nicknamed monkey. in utuero he would hang on my ribs by his toes and after birth that little stinkpot was into everything and climbing everything everywhere. Gave me some serious scares with his antics.

Quinton wandering out of his home and away seems less likely to me without assistance, but I guess it could happen.

I have lots of questions and not many answers. I hope this little guy is okay and found soon.

ETA As to search warrant, unfortunately LE have learned even if parent gives permission for a search of residence for the child, if it turns out later there was some sort of foul play involved, prosecution demands that a search warrant be obtained to remove anything that may be considered evidence. Its a t crossed i dotted thing MOOO

Based on the limited info we have gotten thus far it seems like mother saw him at 6am, placed him in a playpen, went back to sleep, and then on waking again at 9, found he was no longer in the playpen. My kids were all early walkers so I can see a 20 month old making it out of his playpen on his own. My oldest was nicknamed monkey. in utuero he would hang on my ribs by his toes and after birth that little stinkpot was into everything and climbing everything everywhere. Gave me some serious scares with his antics.

Quinton wandering out of his home and away seems less likely to me without assistance, but I guess it could happen.

I have lots of questions and not many answers. I hope this little guy is okay and found soon.

ETA As to search warrant, unfortunately LE have learned even if parent gives permission for a search of residence for the child, if it turns out later there was some sort of foul play involved, prosecution demands that a search warrant be obtained to remove anything that may be considered evidence. Its a t crossed i dotted thing MOOO

Yes, they can climb pretty young, but I wonder how he could open an outside door to get out of the trailer?

Local links.

The house is shown in the video (1st link) @ 0:48, there's a crime scene tape around it (poss standard protocol). FBI has arrived as well, according to the reporter.

Do we know it is a trailer? I haven't seen any photos of the residence. Also we don't know if little man went out himself, and if so, was it through a door, a window?

I am anxious to hear more info because I have concerns whenever a child that young goes missing from their home. While such disappearances do happen without foul play being involved, IME case watching - those incidents are rare indeed.

ETA thanks @GuyfromCanada you were posting link as I was typing

I hope there are no ponds or pools around the house.
I wonder if they have a dog? One incident years ago, a toddler was missing and LE searched and then narrowed it down to a nearby pond. Divers were called and did a search to no avail. LE went back into the house and the big dog moved. They found the healthy child that had been hidden by the dog! There was a lot of relief that night!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ameesqt