CA - 4 Family Members Kidnapped From Business, Merced County, Oct 2022 *arrest*

..."A farmer found two of the victims’ cell phones on a road Monday, authorities said. The farmer at one point answered the phone and spoke with a relative of the victims."...

What time was this call made?

The reporter says that new information released today by LE that "a farmer found one of their cell phones in a rural area." I assume that was a cell phone of one of the victims.

I was thinking about the fact that the two men were seen leaving the business with hands tied behind their backs with zip ties. So was this crime planned, I doubt the business would have zip ties just lying around, so did the perp bring them with him? I think so. Were the victims randomly selected and the perp planned on using them on someone that day? With a gun in his pocket?

Was he out looking for someone to rob that morning and they were selected due to the location and access and isolated area?
Gosh I hope it is one of the hostage’s phones …. It might be the best lead to finding to finding them … Hopefully it was dropped on purpose to try and alert someone to follow that direction..…
JMO

..."A farmer found two of the victims’ cell phones on a road Monday, authorities said. The farmer at one point answered the phone and spoke with a relative of the victims."...

I hope this means the phones were not turned off ….however it is concerning that 2 phones were found together … imo

Guessing by this “time line“ post from Pommy Mommy yesterday at about 12:35 and onwards …
  • At 12:35 p.m. Monday, Merced police officers arrived at the truck owner's address and met with a family member at that location. They attempted to contact the three adults, but were unable to reach them.

• At 1:04 p.m. Monday, the Merced County Sheriff's Office responded to a business on South Highway 59.

so he didnt even turn them off?

I hope this means the phones were not turned off ….however it is concerning that 2 phones were found together … imo
My random thought is both men could be seen holding their phones in their hands in the video. So maybe it was their phones? When your constantly in contact with your phone (especially for work.) instinct is just putting it back in your pocket. If that’s the case hopefully they are able to open apps and use them for tracking.

Did I hear that correctly?-- the two male victims were ziptied and put in the truck and five minutes later the truck returned and the mom and baby come out, unrestrained? Were the men taken someplace first? Did the mom and baby leave in the same truck (the family vehicle) or possibly the second vehicle (grey truck)?

I see why LE believes there are two perpetrators, even if they don't have evidence of the same.

JMconfusedO
Yes, but All the victims were taken at gunpoint! Scary stuff... o_O

Watching Gray. The back door to the business being left open when he left with the first 2 and being closed when he came back was interesting.
It appeared to me when she got in the back seat with the baby, he walked around to the drivers side and she closed the back door.

I'm still catching up so I apologize if I'm repeating anyone.

The suspect according to sheriff's speculation did it for money but the suspect was not the one who took money out of one of victim's credit cards.

This point could come here. Why didn't he just rob them and leave? What was the point of even burning down the car? Also the gap from 9:13 to 9:19 is 6 minutes away.

And the farthest distance according to map to Winton wherein the fire department was dispatched, is 21 minutes away.

Where did the suspect take them?
I didn't see where the suspect in custody is not the person who took $ out of the ATM? I had only read that the bank/LE gave the wrong picture ( serious look a like) of someone. Can you post where you read that? TIA

It appeared to me when she got in the back seat with the baby, he walked around to the drivers side and she closed the back door.

I'm still catching up so I apologize if I'm repeating anyone.
I could be wrong but it looked like to me that she got into the front passenger side. The two men could have still been in the back. Imo.

I could be wrong but it looked like to me that she got into the front passenger side. The two men could have still been in the back. Imo.
You could be be right. I also didn't see her carrying a purse, anyone else?
I also noticed that yes the back door was open when he left the first time with the two men, it was a tad bit ajar when he came back for mom and baby, while inside getting them, the door sways ( the door looks heavy). Not sure if this has anything to do with anything.

Observation for what it’s worth….When he left with the two men, he left the back door open and when he returned for mom and baby, it was shut and he had to open.

Edited to say sorry I see this has already been discussed

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆